You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: I lost my head!  (Read 2467 times)

AdamantineMan

• New to the Mists
I lost my head!
« on: May 01, 2009, 11:23:06 PM »
I was wondering, ever since downloading the cep updater, when I pick a head at character creation specific to what I want, I always get the thayan tattooed bald head after creation when I get in the starting area no matter what I pick. This happens on all the servers I play on now and some DMs get an attitude or tell me to re-make my character because they cannot switch heads for me, ignoring the issue I told them. Anyone else have this issue?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 11:38:42 PM by KaneAlmighty »

failed.bard

Re: I lost my head!
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 12:17:36 AM »
  I would guess it's from choosing a head from a custom pack that isn't supported by the servers.  The DMs can change the head for you in game here, if you have the number of the head you want.

The thread with the numbers is here:  http://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=15194.0

AdamantineMan

• New to the Mists
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 12:23:11 AM »
Gotcha, thanks. But the heads I pick ARE supported. No matter which head I choose it always defaults me to the bald tattooed head and it doesn't matter what server I pick. Its just annoying because no other server DMs will/won't change the head for me and thus tell me to re-make, guess maybe thats my sign I should stick with POTM  :D

Kendric98

• Dark Power
  • Omnipotent Overlord of the Omniverse!
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 12:42:11 AM »
Perhaps you have male pattern baldness.

Samson/Tatyanna Costella

AdamantineMan

• New to the Mists
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2009, 09:35:22 PM »
ugh, guess the comb over didn't fool you! anyways, figured it out, nwn can only hold 34 heads. On vault characters/single player, the haks are loaded before you create your character. Server vault/multiplayer they are loaded after, so to fix this I had to download a hak/overide for only the heads I wanted to use. One could also rearrange the head order for the heads they want to use. Anyways, got the old metallic/helm heads bug again but at least the head I chose I will end up with in game.

ethinos

• Keepin' it hardcore since 2nd edition AD&D
  • Dark Power
  • When in doubt, fireball.
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2009, 09:46:03 PM »
Uh, if its an override, are we going to see that head in game or simply the bald looking one? Would be a problem if everyone else sees a different head.
Torgan Ironshield: Battlerager and smith
Wirth Darmington II: Roguish noble
Kurgh: A simple herdsman