Author Topic: Krofburg feedback  (Read 14987 times)

Snarling_Badger

• Gundarakite Rebels
  • Undead Slayer
  • makin' pancakes
Re: Krofburg feedback
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2016, 01:33:11 AM »
I just today saw the interior of the Krofburg Garda Hut. That's an extremely detailed interior area, and I really think it fits the setting! It seems believable, like a real frontier guard post. Whomever made it did a really good job!

If I ever play a Garda, I like to be stationed there just for that area! Good work!

ethinos

• Keepin' it hardcore since 2nd edition AD&D
  • Dark Power
  • When in doubt, fireball.
« Reply #51 on: January 02, 2017, 07:20:33 PM »
Went to Krofburg again for the first time in ages and noticed a few things with my dwarf PC.

While a lot of the NPCs are racist, only the woodworker refused to deal with me. All the others didn't mind dealing with a dwarf. Just found that weird.

The woolworker/tailor was the only craftmaster to go home at night. The rest were around 24 hours a day. Again, just a weird exception.

The Bellegarde Trading house is dark as heck at night when NPCs are still present. Maybe add some candles or something?

There is a rock/stone face in the extreme NE section of the Krofburg town map that you can physically clip through. I noticed a squirrel went into it and sure enough, I could follow through.
Torgan Ironshield: Battlerager and smith
Wirth Darmington II: Roguish noble
Kurgh: A simple herdsman

Song of Danta

« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2017, 01:32:50 AM »
It'd be nice if the general merchant sold parchment.

Perhaps a few more Barovian staple foods could be available at the Wandering Billy. Mamliga and that potato and cheese dish.

A couple of trash barrels in the outdoor areas would be handy.

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2019, 11:23:31 PM »
Plain boxes at one of the merchants, please!
It is not an ending, but an ebbing.

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2019, 04:04:22 AM »
Some feedback on The Miner's Merriment - it probably needs to be enlarged a little bit. I like the cluttered look, but it's very hard to move around the establishment. The closing/opening of curtains often sucks people into them (from behind the bar, even). Two people can't move around behind the bar, either. One has to slither out to let the other through. We get stuck on the bear rug's head pretty often.  It's hard to move between people to place things on the tables. There is also a lack of empty space to place down crafted signs (the wooden sort) and other fixtures. Lastly, maybe remove one stool from the bar, space them out a bit more, and move them a short distance back so @findseat isn't as necessary.

Sinful Mystic

• Undead Master
« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2019, 07:58:51 PM »
Some feedback on The Miner's Merriment - it probably needs to be enlarged a little bit. I like the cluttered look, but it's very hard to move around the establishment. The closing/opening of curtains often sucks people into them (from behind the bar, even). Two people can't move around behind the bar, either. One has to slither out to let the other through. We get stuck on the bear rug's head pretty often.  It's hard to move between people to place things on the tables. There is also a lack of empty space to place down crafted signs (the wooden sort) and other fixtures. Lastly, maybe remove one stool from the bar, space them out a bit more, and move them a short distance back so @findseat isn't as necessary.

Ceru should go, brings nothing to the table but blocking the bar. I would also limit non staff npc's to 2.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 08:00:57 PM by Sinful Mystic »
Celynna of Elevashe
Erika Tinescu

Ducal

• New to the Mists
« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2019, 09:00:03 PM »

Ceru should go, brings nothing to the table but blocking the bar. I would also limit non staff npc's to 2.

+1, the NPC's occupying the barstools should probably be removed to free up space for players!

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2019, 09:26:35 PM »
The NPCs on barstools are not permanent spawns; they are occasional. I will make them more occasional if they're spawning too regularly.

I will see what can be done to free walking paths in the downstairs area.
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.

SardineTheAncestor

• Dark Power
« Reply #58 on: March 05, 2019, 05:20:54 AM »
Nice to hear. I found it weird when I first walked into the Merriment and couldn't tell who was an NPC and who wasn't for a few minutes because there were so many at tables and at barstools (which I took a good 60 seconds realtime of failing to sit down on them before just giving up and going to a table). I agree with the non-staff NPC #s being cut to 2, as there are only so many seats and people who are standing are going to be in the way.
Insatisfait permanent, c'est ça l'apanage du champion.

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2019, 07:08:33 PM »
Having kept an eye on things for a few days, I find the NPCs are clogging the tables often. Perhaps assign them to only appear at one of the tables. At the moment, we have 6 spread across 3 tables, meaning player characters must sit with an NPC. Which is a little awkward. I'd suggest the middle table be the NPC one.

It's very difficult to place craftables on the stage (chairs, crates) without it throwing the 'something in the way'/'can't put that here' message back at you.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 07:11:37 PM by Homebrew Hokum »

NacreCicatrix

• Dark Lord
  • loser
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2019, 05:29:37 AM »
Just a tiny little touch: one of the small chalkboard/drafting board placeables at the front of the classroom at the Ezrite school would be cute, esp. for players wanting to run lessons out of there (I'm thinking of it soon!).

herkles

• Society of the Erudite
  • Dark Power
« Reply #61 on: December 28, 2019, 10:21:59 AM »
I wonder if the Ezrite School teacher could sell Ezrite books? :)

Arawn

• Developers and
  • Dark Power
  • Gwrandewch ar y cwn.
« Reply #62 on: December 28, 2019, 10:59:48 AM »
I wonder if the Ezrite School teacher could sell Ezrite books? :)

For IC reasons, this doesn’t make sense. Can’t say why, spoilers ;)
Hir yw'r dydd a hir yw'r nos, a hir yw aros Arawn.

HM01

• Undead Master
  • The Department of Gnomeland Security
« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2022, 02:48:10 AM »
I'm pretty saddened to see what the One-legged dancer has become.

I know Krofburg is a rather select roleplay destination, but I am scratching my head as to the reasoning for changing that tavern from what it once was to what it is now.

What was once a genius concept is now an absolute deterrence.  A slice of life for calibans where they could spend their "wealth" is now a complete hell hole.

The menu now is just bland barovian food, where before it was pretty amusing to have a caliban chef that was competent in serving good food.

The worst is the noisy massive bonfire in a cave nonetheless, right outside the massive smelting operation.

0/10, please revert back.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2022, 02:55:05 AM by HM01 »

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #64 on: August 08, 2022, 08:27:38 PM »
No changes have been made to the Miner's Merriment.

Lion El'Jonson

• Dark Lord
« Reply #65 on: August 08, 2022, 11:09:04 PM »
I think he's referring to the One-Legged Dancer

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #66 on: August 08, 2022, 11:09:42 PM »
I think he's referring to the One-Legged Dancer

Same thing. No changes have been made to Krofburg in recent years.