You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Krofburg feedback  (Read 14986 times)

Dhark

• Dark Power
  • Ladul !
Re: Krofburg feedback
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2009, 01:23:15 PM »
Just before Krofburg , theres a steep rocky slope off to the left, head up there....its probably best you find a guide , its easy to get lost up there.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 01:27:13 PM by Tarinyar »

ethinos

• Keepin' it hardcore since 2nd edition AD&D
  • Dark Power
  • When in doubt, fireball.
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2009, 09:06:38 PM »
The Daily Wares shop is called General Wares when you enter the area. Also, the merchant was there after dark. Do these merchants stay open 24 hours?

Not really sure why, but even with my dwarf and his darkvision, I could barely make anything out at night without having to grab a torch. Is this intentional or a remnant of the changes we have with regards to the darkness scripting we have? I've also noticed that darkvision is sometimes negated by inclemental weather. I can see fine in dungeons, but outside my darkvision seems to be mostly useless sometimes.
Torgan Ironshield: Battlerager and smith
Wirth Darmington II: Roguish noble
Kurgh: A simple herdsman

Primeape

• Outlander
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2009, 03:13:22 PM »
Question both regarding Krofburg and the whole mountain area in Ghakis.. Is it, or is it not regarded as a "wilderness" area.. Because my ranger does not gain the skill-bonus from "trackles-step" feat?

Truth

• Dark Lord
    • Myspace!
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2009, 03:32:51 PM »
*ahem* How do you get there ? lol
THE NATION THAT MAKES A GREAT DISTINCTION BETWEEN ITS SCHOLARS AND ITS WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS. -THUCYDIDES

Wids

• We don't need no stinkin' avatars!
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2009, 10:48:12 AM »
*ahem* How do you get there ? lol
You know the road that goes to Dvergeheim?  Go off the road to the southeast corner of the map; look for the stairs going down.  After that, just follow the roads and bridges; you'll get there eventually.

I finally got to see Krofburg last night, and it looks pretty sharp.  I have to agree: Vallaki and Barovia Village could take a few samples from Krofburg's tileset.  :)

Warning: Big damn screenshots!

Spoiler: show

Ye olde mud huts.   :mrgreen:

Waterwheels rule.

One of Krofburg's numerous hidey holes for anyone who might need a place to hide from the peasants.  ;)

Also, see that little tiny waterfall from some subterranean stream there?  It looks neato.  Why did I never notice any little waterfall downpour things like that in NWN before?

Ana Cain is famous.   8)

Now Viorica Biserica's false identity will endure forever!   :twisted:

Did you ever take a screenshot, only to forget why you snapped it later?  Ah, well.  The shop's pretty cool, isn't it?  The agents apparently honor a policy of not talking to those magic-tainted womb freaks, though.  :?

...Oh, that's right.

The Krofburg guard apparently isn't one to go looking for trouble, so he won't bother your caliban unless your caliban walks up and talks to him.  Heh...judging by the guard's measly damage (and he struck her two or three more times later, when he wandered into the inn while I was tinkering with one of Bai Shan's outfits), I think Bai Shan would have ended up cleaning his clock if she didn't abort the fight and run off.  And he's the only guard, too.  I think Bai Shan had best claim Krofburg as her new home, because those poor peasants need all the righteous protectors they can get.  :P

The Wandering Billy Inn: Proudly serving our misunderstood caliban friends since 2009.   :mrgreen:

(Note to the devs: Marilena's wares aren't unlimited; everything she sells is the last such item in stock, apparently.  Somebody might want to fix that; I was hoping to buy two apples last night.  :| )

Bah bah, billy goat!

The lower vineyards have some pretty sweet daytime music, too.  Does anyone know what tune that is?

Bath time.  :oops:

So that was my first visit to Krofburg.  Too cool for words!  Seeing how pretty Krofburg looks in contrast to the Village, it makes me wonder what Immol will look like when the devs finally get around to building it.   :dancing:
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 10:55:30 AM by Wids »

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2009, 11:20:04 AM »
Excellent design, atmosphere, sound, everything. Can't wait to get involved.

ThAnswr

• Dark Power
  • We all end up the same: Level 20 or dead.
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2009, 12:07:33 PM »

Small damn skimpy outfit for the mountains in winter.   :lol:
Sig by Garison

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
Hunter Thompson

"Rock is overpowered, paper is just about right" - Scissors
Thanks Aahz

Wids

• Dark Lord
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2009, 01:34:02 PM »

Small damn skimpy outfit for the mountains in winter.   :lol:
Be glad it's not a gingham dress.  :P

Besides, she can take it.  It's fire that makes her feel not-so-cozy.   :|

Corvus

• DM & DEV
  • Dark Power
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2009, 07:57:18 PM »
About the music used. Most audiotracks are taken from either Icewind Dale or Baldurs Gate games. The Lower Vineyard is an ambient track from Baldurs Gate 2.  :D
“It is better to die for Corvus, than live for yourself!".

Playing: Lothar Breitenfeldt, Rhavin, Vincent Lycastus, Erwin Reuenthal

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2009, 08:26:16 PM »
Whenever I walk through Krofburg, I feel like I'm back in Easthaven.  :cloud9:

Wids

• Dark Lord
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2009, 12:13:23 AM »
About the music used. Most audiotracks are taken from either Icewind Dale or Baldurs Gate games. The Lower Vineyard is an ambient track from Baldurs Gate 2.  :D
What about all the Castlevania music that I keep hearing everywhere?  :D

failed.bard

« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2009, 09:36:48 AM »
Marilena only has one of each item to sell.  That will need to be toggled.  ~ fixed

The barrels outside the smithy have default names in blue. ~ Fixed

Missing Weather System ~ Fixed

Not dark at night. ~ fixed
the "House of Eternal Dawn" is "Sanctuary of the Eternal Sun" on the map.  ~ fixed

Missing Convo Ruben Ureche  ~ fixed
Missing Conco Johan Phfalz
Missing Convo Petru Balcscus.  ~ fixed

The tannery also needs a basin for tanning.  ~ fixed

Barbat Surdul  ~ Fixed
? Luftun MIA.

Goat pen issues (There are actually three places you can walk through, not just the two)

It's slowly getting there.

Edited to adjust for presence of the smith now.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 08:03:37 AM by failed.bard »

Wids

• Dark Lord
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2009, 10:01:47 AM »
Marilena only has one of each item to sell.  That will need to be toggled.  ~ fixed

The barrels outside the smithy have default names in blue. ~ Fixed

Missing Weather System ~ Fixed

Not dark at night. ~ fixed
the "House of Eternal Dawn" is "Sanctuary of the Eternal Sun" on the map.  ~ fixed

Missing Convo Ruben Ureche  ~ fixed
Missing Conco Johan Phfalz
Missing Convo Petru Balcscus.  ~ fixed

The tannery also needs a basin for tanning.  ~ fixed

Barbat Surdul MIA
? Luftun MIA.

Goat pen issues (There are actually three places you can walk through, not just the two)

It's slowly getting there.
Don't forget the thing about Fredek Sima not raising the dead.  Considering the number of lives that Mt. Ghakis claims each year, that might be necessary to fix.  :P

Grieyls

• Undead Master
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2009, 07:52:09 AM »
Visited the place just today... Awesome... Was playing Darkness Over Daggerford module earlier actually which uses the same tileset and was thinking to myself... "Gee, would be cool of POTM used this tilset.. And low and behold you have. Now, I think I now know the perfect home for Dook   ;) :mrgreen:

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I have to agree that Barovia Village would be much improved if the same tileset was used as was for Krofburg.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 11:03:00 AM by Grieyls »

Grieyls

• Undead Master
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2009, 08:16:26 AM »
Took Dook up there for a visit... Some things I've noticed... The Upper Vinyards seems to suffer from perpetual daylight, also there is a cave in the Lower Vinyards area that is constantly well lit, think it should be pitch dark at night and only shady during day (just my oppinion mind you). Also there is a camp fire near the Inn that as you pass it at night you get blacked out as if a Darkness spell was cast on you. Is that supposed to happen? Goes away once you pass the campfire though.

Emomina

• Dark Power
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2009, 08:58:28 PM »
Went to Krofburg, and must say it is a welcome addition, now we only need some PCs to make it home. :)
I survived the Blue Water Inn Massacre and all I got was this t-shirt.

failed.bard

« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2009, 02:22:22 AM »
Wilhelm moved there right away.  I wouldn't reccomend it for anyone without natural cold DR, though.  He was taking 7 to 11 cold damage shots through the past winter in the day.
  I actually like the end of the road feel of it, as opposed to Barovia village that's really only useed as a stop-over for dungeon runs.

failed.bard

« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2009, 03:20:18 AM »
  The smithy could use a trash bin.  I'll look at the other shops later and edit if they're missing one as well.

Mcskinns

• Dark Lord
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2009, 01:45:42 AM »
The merchant in the Wandering Billy quotes room prices as 15 fang per night, but only charges 10 when you get the key.

Sage - When stories come to life

DM Tarokka

• Dark Power
  • Fata volentem ducunt, nolentem trahunt
    • Facebook page
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2009, 04:21:51 AM »
(and it's a robbery!!! :))
http://www.facebook.com/CiaranII
Pokemon Go! 5688 6574 4676

Wids

• Dark Lord
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2009, 11:18:49 AM »
The merchant in the Wandering Billy quotes room prices as 15 fang per night, but only charges 10 when you get the key.
Arrgh, you spilled the beans!  So much for our secret special 5 Fang discount....  :facepalm:

...I mean, that's an intended feature, carefully planned and perfectly implemented by the devs.  You see, Marilena says that the actual rate is 15 Fang, but it's really 10.  Lying about the rate is her way of tricking the customers into thinking that they're getting a deal, thus encouraging them to stay at the Wandering Billy more often...which means more gold lining Marilena's pockets.  See how that works?   :mrgreen:

But you know, the humble Village of Barovia is still quite posh compared to Krofburg--and it's the nearest settlement to Barovia's seat of power, Castle Ravenloft--yet their inn's best rooms cost a mere 5 Fang.  Perhaps 10 Gold is still too much to ask for the Wandering Billy's two tiny rooms.  Marilena may wish to reconsider her rates....  :?

(And how did the inn come to be named the Wandering Billy?  That name doesn't sound very Barovian....  :P )

DarkWyvern

« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2009, 11:21:58 AM »
It does if they've got a farm full of Billy Goats which they do.

Wids

• Dark Lord
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2009, 11:34:04 AM »
It does if they've got a farm full of Billy Goats which they do.
This is true.

And let it be known that warm, fuzzy animals are never far from DM DarkWyvern's thoughts.  :P

Khuzadrepa

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2009, 03:20:28 PM »
Tilesets suck  :?
I beg to differ. :)

Without tilesets, we would be having a number of issues that are plaguing NWN2 multiplayer.  Be THANKFUL for tilesets. :P
aka Warreck Banevich
Dogma of the Morninglord: "Justice comes to all evildoers eventually, not by man's laws, but by your hand and the tortuous paths of fate."

Nerrik

• New to the Mists
  • Blarney Pardo = Blardo for life - YARRRR!
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2013, 12:55:57 AM »

Bath time.  :oops:

Blarney also enjoyed a bath in the vineyards of Krofburg  :)
Blarney Pardo