You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Krofburg feedback  (Read 14984 times)

failed.bard

Krofburg feedback
« on: May 01, 2009, 05:57:03 AM »
Visually beautiful, Corvus did an amazing job.

A few things to note:

Marilena only has one of each item to sell.  That will need to be toggled.

The barrels outside the smithy have default names in blue.

failed.bard

Re: Krofburg feedback
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 06:33:26 AM »
I had ultravision cast, so I didn't notice, but apparently it's not dark at night.

the "House of Eternal Dawn" is "Sanctuary of the Eternal Sun" on the map.

Ruben Ureche either doesn't have a convo, or it's not attached properly.
Same with Johan Phfalz, and Petru Balcscus.

The tannery also needs a basin for tanning.

Barbat Surdul and whoever runs the wool works are MIA.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 06:57:51 AM by failed.bard »

Metal_ash

• Dark Lord
Krofburg
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 10:33:49 AM »
Absolutely awesome looks and feeling there, a stunning work.
One sad part in my eyes is there be no shrine or church for the lawgivers ;)
But the place in it self, not much more you can ask for in a mining village.

Metal_ash

• Dark Lord
Re: Krofburg
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 10:35:22 AM »
And just noticed there was a thread on it, so maybe move my post to that thread if possible.
Sorry :oops:

Vokan

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 11:09:41 AM »
I'll say again that the village looks absolutely excellent (even after I destroyed it with dragons and fire giants a few times...) :D

On the donations board, it's also a bit disconcerting that, for example, the Lawgivers are placed beneath the Red Vardo on the list, even though the lawgivers donated 10 times as much. The heaviest donaters feel like sort of an 'afterthought.' Unless the Burgomeister really just doesn't care about that damn outlander money :D

Corvus

• DM & DEV
  • Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 12:02:49 PM »
the lack of lawgivers shrine is all political IC  :D   same with Vardo over the Lawgiver on the list  :lol:

Keep the feedback coming so we can finetune and fix things!

And huge thanks for the positive feedback!
“It is better to die for Corvus, than live for yourself!".

Playing: Lothar Breitenfeldt, Rhavin, Vincent Lycastus, Erwin Reuenthal

Charon

• Undead Master
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2009, 12:18:59 PM »
From an aesthetic point of view absolutely stunning, just as the rest of Ghakis.
Some serious new room for all the PCs to spread out and RP.  :rock:

Was a bit overwhelmed by all the vivid green all of a sudden in the else so grey mountains. maybe there could be some green patches and maybe some firs in the area near Korfburg to prepare the visitors senses

Jonathan Schwarz - schwarzzzzzzz
Dong Delxen - Cult of the Morninglord
Grigore Cazacul - Vallaki Garda
Emil Kobori - The 5th sect

fulkren

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2009, 02:39:55 PM »
very awesome. other than whats been addressed, looks great. i wish the Village of Barovia was redone using the same tileset.

outstanding work Corvus :)

fulkren

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2009, 04:17:14 PM »
From an aesthetic point of view absolutely stunning, just as the rest of Ghakis.
Some serious new room for all the PCs to spread out and RP.  :rock:

Was a bit overwhelmed by all the vivid green all of a sudden in the else so grey mountains. maybe there could be some green patches and maybe some firs in the area near Korfburg to prepare the visitors senses

i think the town is built in a valley to begin with, and i think it would have always been that way if the Evil Residing there never settled.

Charon

• Undead Master
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2009, 06:33:33 PM »
I wrote the post a little while after i have been there and i have to correct myself. There are a lot of trees and bushes in the area near Korfburg  - mea culpa

I would like to specify: After you walk down to the last and lowest part of the area 'Near Korfburg' where the transition is, you are standing on plane rock. after transitioning you are surrounded by grass.
In case that is even possible, I think it would be more consistent if only the very last part of 'Near Korfburg' had some grass as well.

Jonathan Schwarz - schwarzzzzzzz
Dong Delxen - Cult of the Morninglord
Grigore Cazacul - Vallaki Garda
Emil Kobori - The 5th sect

Corvus

• DM & DEV
  • Dark Power
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2009, 07:19:30 PM »
I wrote the post a little while after i have been there and i have to correct myself. There are a lot of trees and bushes in the area near Korfburg  - mea culpa

I would like to specify: After you walk down to the last and lowest part of the area 'Near Korfburg' where the transition is, you are standing on plane rock. after transitioning you are surrounded by grass.
In case that is even possible, I think it would be more consistent if only the very last part of 'Near Korfburg' had some grass as well.

Tilesets suck  :?

arrmuth

• Undead Master
  • Honor is everything.
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2009, 10:26:39 PM »
The place looks awesome. Really has an old world,rustic feel to it. You guys need to redo the entire server this way.

Kendric98

• Dark Power
  • Omnipotent Overlord of the Omniverse!
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2009, 11:23:34 PM »
First off i thought it looked great. And +1 to redooing the other areas like it was. Now for the negitive, I didnt feel it was worth walking so far to go to it more than once. It was fun to go look at but seemed lacking in content for me or things to do. I realize this is probobly because were a roll play server but after that new car smell wears off for the players i think they will just return to the outskirts to gather and rp again. Fill it with roll playing players or something to do and players will be intrested otherwise i think it will go abandoned like everywhere else but valk.

Samson/Tatyanna Costella

failed.bard

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2009, 12:15:16 AM »
First off i thought it looked great. And +1 to redooing the other areas like it was. Now for the negitive, I didnt feel it was worth walking so far to go to it more than once. It was fun to go look at but seemed lacking in content for me or things to do. I realize this is probobly because were a roll play server but after that new car smell wears off for the players i think they will just return to the outskirts to gather and rp again. Fill it with roll playing players or something to do and players will be intrested otherwise i think it will go abandoned like everywhere else but valk.
  Which is why I moved my smith up there.  Once all the NPCs are in, and everything is polished up right, I'll have him putting on special offers from time to time to encourage people to go up there.  It's an area that has an enormous amount of potential, especially as a staging grounds for trips up Ghakis.

Corvus

• DM & DEV
  • Dark Power
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2009, 04:23:41 AM »

What has been added is the first version, wich I noticed even lacked a propper dialog for Johan Phfalz. I hope to add more to Krofburg along with more in the mines.  :D

DM Tarokka

• Dark Power
  • Fata volentem ducunt, nolentem trahunt
    • Facebook page
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2009, 04:25:05 AM »
I like the area a lot and I must agree also with the some few issues there are (like the missing night). Maybe the inn wants better placed rooms and maybe more than 2.
http://www.facebook.com/CiaranII
Pokemon Go! 5688 6574 4676

Shadowthrone

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2009, 04:46:14 PM »
Krofburg is beautiful.

However, the Morninglord priest Fredek Sima does not raise the dead. :)

Vespertilio

• Never met a Dark Lord, not a
  • Dark Power
  • We can't stop here, this is bat country!
    • Messages from Nihil
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2009, 07:31:12 PM »
It has a rustic beauty and charm that will hopefully encourage native pcs to linger, there is a lot of potential for it to become another place to find consistent rp particularly for natives.

Are there plans for the mines to have further expansion that includes ores?  It would give native pcs a means to gather some of those materials with a parallel difficulty level, that doesn't involve dealing with those filthy pictics.   Perhaps another means of gathering coal that is dangerous and life risking of a different sort but friendlier to native non caster/magic oriented pcs. A build up of toxic vapors in certain pockets of the mine, portions of mine areas that for some reason arcane spells do not behave properly in or fail to work completely, yet suffer from random cave ins/rockfalls, more 'mundane' situations that require hardiness of a more natural sort to counteract over enchantments and witchery.

The road is still considered unsafe according to the sign, and the road is indeed broken in places, the terrain rough.   I've always wondered if it had been considered to have random rock slides, similar to the rocks falling down in Dvergenheim as an indication of such danger to those who would make the journey.

The inn could certainly use more than two rooms I agree.  It may also be a fine place for a more rustic oriented native pc to find employment over the Broken Bell if other pcs choose to frequent the area.

I could just run into the room and punch you in the balls; sure, that's scary. That's entertainment. But it isn't horror...

Dhark

• Dark Power
  • Ladul !
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2009, 10:17:52 PM »
The most mouth watering  areas in the game ( aisde possibly from the swamps out side Barovia village)..the place has a real aged & lived in feel .
I agree Id love to see a good deal of the server redone in this tileset ..but maybe that would dectract from the areas that are .

Wondering if theres a cauldron for herbalists there ( didnt have time to barge into all the homes like an ignorant outlander  :roll:)
IMHO 2 Inn rooms is fine , though as said the Inn menu needs a little tinkering

Just simply a truly beautifull set of areas  :cheer:

failed.bard

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2009, 02:49:16 AM »
Two screenies of things to fix for Corvus' benefit.  Spoilered purely for size issues.
Spoiler: show

[

Bad_Bud

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2009, 03:34:16 AM »
Crap.  There goes my goat pen access.

failed.bard

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2009, 10:02:08 PM »
Marilena only has one of each item to sell.  That will need to be toggled.

The barrels outside the smithy have default names in blue. ~ Fixed

Missing Weather System ~ Fixed

Not dark at night. ~ fixed
the "House of Eternal Dawn" is "Sanctuary of the Eternal Sun" on the map.  ~ fixed

Missing Convo Ruben Ureche
Missing Conco Johan Phfalz
Missing Convo Petru Balcscus.

The tannery also needs a basin for tanning.  ~ fixed

Barbat Surdul MIA
? Luftun MIA.

Goat pen issues (There are actually three places you can walk through, not just the two)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 11:03:01 PM by failed.bard »

arrmuth

• Undead Master
  • Honor is everything.
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2009, 01:00:58 AM »
.  It's an area that has an enormous amount of potential, especially as a staging grounds for trips up Ghakis.

Thought you had to go up ghakis to get to it? I know the sign near the mines points you to the mines,the town and the mountain but i followed the direction to go up the mountain and never found a transition spot. Did i miss it or is it to be added later?

failed.bard

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2009, 04:07:04 AM »
.  It's an area that has an enormous amount of potential, especially as a staging grounds for trips up Ghakis.

Thought you had to go up ghakis to get to it? I know the sign near the mines points you to the mines,the town and the mountain but i followed the direction to go up the mountain and never found a transition spot. Did i miss it or is it to be added later?

What I meant by that, was that if you were planning a trip to the peak, the town is a convenient and safe place to meet up and prepare for it.

arrmuth

• Undead Master
  • Honor is everything.
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2009, 03:13:24 AM »

What I meant by that, was that if you were planning a trip to the peak, the town is a convenient and safe place to meet up and prepare for it.

Yea i understand that. What im asking is how do you get to the peak. Ive never been up there.