You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: New changes to the crafting system  (Read 631 times)

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
New changes to the crafting system
« on: August 07, 2022, 09:26:16 PM »
Hi all, I'm happy to report a new round of upcoming changes for the crafting system.

- The addition of three new type of metals to the game.
- Bonus vs constructs to be removed from adamantine weapons and ammunition. The bonus will still be available, but in a different way. This change will be retroactive on melee weapons.
- Increased damage output on adamantine and green steel thrown weapons and ammunition.
- Removal of the fire vulnerabilities on all crafted armor linings that still had it.
- Bumped the amount of Ball of Yeti Wool units by 1 on all yetis, including young ones.
- Crafted shuriken and throwing axes now to be produced in stacks of 99 units instead of 50.
- Correction of errors on plain silk, cotton and linen armor linings that had not been properly updated following the tailoring overhaul.
- Correction of error on the extra enchantment bonus for dire rhinoceros lining, it was granting the wrong skill bonus.
- Adjusted bagh-nahks templates in merchant inventories to always be available.
Best Regards!
MAB

Dev. Relationist for the Dark Powers.
1 Castle Road, Castle Ravenloft, Village of Barovia.

Dardonas

Re: New changes to the crafting system
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2022, 09:31:10 PM »
Does this mean adamantine weapons will be slightly cheaper to enchant to compensate for the loss of AB vs. Constructs?

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2022, 09:36:31 PM »
Does this mean adamantine weapons will be slightly cheaper to enchant to compensate for the loss of AB vs. Constructs?

No.
Best Regards!
MAB

Dardonas

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2022, 09:41:02 PM »
Still, there are some good changes here, MAB.  Thanks!

Chabxxu

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2022, 10:27:30 PM »
- Correction of error on the extra enchantment bonus for dire rhinoceros lining, it was granting the wrong skill bonus.

Is this retroactive on all items that are already crafted/enchanted or only the new ones?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2022, 10:29:18 PM by Gabriel d’Aubry »

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2022, 12:16:50 AM »

Is this retroactive on all items that are already crafted/enchanted or only the new ones?

It will not be necessary for that one. Only the non-ancient version was incorrect and the amount of enchanted (non-ancient) dire rhinoceros lined armors out there is likely very limited. They can be dealt with and replaced on a case by case basis if required.

Best Regards!
MAB

Chabxxu

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2022, 12:30:39 AM »

It will not be necessary for that one. Only the non-ancient version was incorrect and the amount of enchanted (non-ancient) dire rhinoceros lined armors out there is likely very limited. They can be dealt with and replaced on a case by case basis if required.

Oh, so the Ancient-dire-rhino isn't affected? Awesome, good to know. Thank you!

McNastea

• Dark Power
  • "We want to make all the rules" -Misakato
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2022, 08:51:58 AM »

- Removal of the fire vulnerabilities on all crafted armor linings that still had it.

Sick

- The addition of three new type of metals to the game.

Sick dude!

Tobias Loarca | Braern Delsaryn | Anwar

Kireek

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2022, 05:02:23 PM »
What was the issues with the linnen/silk/cotton thing if you don't mind me asking?

I hae some enchanted gear of those and I want to check what was changed?

MAB77

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2022, 05:10:43 PM »
What was the issues with the linnen/silk/cotton thing if you don't mind me asking?

On metal or chitins armor linings only. They were still having the properties of the older tailoring system.
Best Regards!
MAB

Kireek

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2022, 05:56:23 PM »

On metal or chitins armor linings only. They were still having the properties of the older tailoring system.

Okey dokey, ty!

Edit: Long after the fact edit! Weird question, would it be possible to double gild dual weapons? That might be neat.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2022, 10:54:43 PM by Kireek »