Author Topic: Inconsistency in NPC conversation (Elf living in Vallaki outskirts)  (Read 1362 times)

Urban Neurotic

• New to the Mists
Hi there.

I came across this slight inconsistentsy in an NPC conversation recently. I'm not even sure if this is a bug or not, but when talking to the Elven NPC who gives the quest to collect beetle parts from the burrows near Vallaki, he identified my character (correctly) as an outlander, but then proceeded to warn me that, since I am apparently a 'caliban', I should avoid civilised areas since the guards will attack me on sight.

This came as quite a surprise to my human outlander, since he had been spending quite a lot of time around Vallaki and had not had any problems with the guard!

ethinos

• Keepin' it hardcore since 2nd edition AD&D
  • Dark Power
  • When in doubt, fireball.
He's done that before, but can't remember the circumstances. It's possible he just judges people on outcast ratings...

Is he an elf? I haven't visited the ranger in quite some time and truly don't remember.
Torgan Ironshield: Battlerager and smith
Wirth Darmington II: Roguish noble
Kurgh: A simple herdsman

Zedrik

• Warbird
  • Dark Lord
  • The Hellrabbits are watching you.
Navarre?
I think he's a half elf.

Warning: Don't provoke the high-level Falkovnian wizard. He bites. (And not in the good way.)

Urban Neurotic

• New to the Mists
Yes, that's the one. Its no biggie, I just found it peculiar.

Wids

• We don't need no stinkin' avatars!
  • Dark Lord

ethinos

• Keepin' it hardcore since 2nd edition AD&D
  • Dark Power
  • When in doubt, fireball.
It's even older than that. Here's the thread from April 8, 2007 that I remembered with Navarre calling dwarves calibans too. http://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=6200.0
Torgan Ironshield: Battlerager and smith
Wirth Darmington II: Roguish noble
Kurgh: A simple herdsman

Wids

• We don't need no stinkin' avatars!
  • Dark Lord
Navarre, Navarre...will you ever change your wayward ways?