You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Crafting Models - Yet again  (Read 1786 times)

tzaeru

Crafting Models - Yet again
« on: April 30, 2009, 05:00:50 AM »
Well, (again) suggesting (as it prolly has been suggested quite the few times in past) to add crafting models, or at least add a simple way of getting the numbers of the parts of the outfits and colors.

I have very tough time remembering the proper colors for which I found the best outcome. Some parts of the clothing, such as eyes or hats that change with the cloths colors, don't even correspond the actual color. So getting my wizard's hat look same color with rest of the cloths takes not only very long time, but also looaads of money.  ;)

Crafting models on other hand wouldn't be an issue for the server anymore if considering lag. But they also make crafting greatly more effective and implementing one of the ready, excellent crafting dummies from the Vault is probably a rather trivial matter - Also, there's no need to remove the on-character crafting either. So in best scenario can just have both of 'em.

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
Re: Crafting Models - Yet again
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 07:02:04 AM »
This is getting in at a neighboring domain. Its already in, last we tested, it had some issues; however I am sure they are being fixed. [Kicks EO]

tzaeru

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 07:14:04 AM »
This is getting in at a neighboring domain. Its already in, last we tested, it had some issues; however I am sure they are being fixed. [Kicks EO]

Huzzah ^_^ I hope the models also show the colors in use?..

k_moustakas

• Dark Power
  • Shadow calls... shadow whispers...
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 09:49:43 AM »
will there be a cloak crafting dummy there as well?
Has been described as a sometimey player

LoLJohnFerro

• Dark Power
  • Currently playing: Dragoon Sae'rid
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 11:00:54 PM »
Realy..... Do you know how much a dummy would cost realy and good luck finding someone who makes them.....

tzaeru

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 09:17:31 AM »
Realy..... Do you know how much a dummy would cost realy and good luck finding someone who makes them.....

1. The crafting models are not necessarily fully IC as crafting right now isn't either - Mostly people rather RP that a NPC made it or something, since how many PCs realistically can craft clothes? Usually the dummies are RPed so that the NPC in the shop makes your clothes; The dummies ONLY make crafting easier and less pain.
2. The dummy doesn't have to be very realistic in the real world  ;) It can as well be a few stick put together.

In short: Only point of the crafting dummies is to make crafting easier. Those who want to RP with them, can as well consider them being few sticks together.