You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: New Vistani Camp and Western Outskirts appearance.  (Read 2238 times)

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
New Vistani Camp and Western Outskirts appearance.
« on: April 30, 2009, 04:36:22 AM »
Since I've recieved some mixed feedback about the latest updates to the Vistani Camp and the Western Outskirts, I'd like to probe the general oppinion. These two areas are central to our module, so it's important that they stand out as visually pleasing, so if you have any further suggestions or comments on specific parts of it, please post them here too.

Thank you!

failed.bard

Re: New Vistani Camp and Western Outskirts appearance.
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 05:13:20 AM »
I prefer the two dirt path from the lady's rest.  It's outside the city, and a haven for outlanders, so it's not like the town is going to pay for maintenance on the old cobblestone path only a small minority of characters actually used.
  I haven't seen the changes at the vistani camp yet, I'll edit to add my thoughts on that area later.

Kendric98

• Dark Power
  • Omnipotent Overlord of the Omniverse!
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 05:18:26 AM »
I everything but that little tree growing in front of the leaning tree. *smashes it*

Samson/Tatyanna Costella

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 06:59:48 AM »
I like the rustic look of the Western outskirts. I can live with the little tree, I'll give the vistani camp one a look and get back at this thread.

HellsPanda

• Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 08:01:05 AM »
that little tree is the Hin leaning tree

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 08:27:59 AM »
Checked the Vistani camp, I also like the changes there, feels more used and gives a nice feel. I would tone down the dirt just a tiny bit.  :)

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• The Cult of the Morninglord
  • Dark Power
  • The Chuck Norris of RP -Eraldur
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2009, 08:43:52 AM »
i love the new apperance of the outskirts and the vistani camp i agree feels more campy in a way which i felt was lacking before as to me it felt like a permanent feel to it which to me aint the way vistani are supposed to feel

failed.bard

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2009, 08:46:14 AM »
  I agree with Heretic on both parts.  The dirt near the fire makes sense, bonfires have that tendency to burn everything back a few feet, the same with by the animals.  Hay fed animals in a small area always trample everything to bare dirt.  The rest of it, well, it makes you wonder how the vistani's outfits stay so clean.

Aahz

• Dark Power
  • People don't like to be meddled with.
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2009, 10:37:11 AM »
I everything but that little tree growing in front of the leaning tree. *smashes it*

I am with Kendric98, everything looks great except for that new little tree
"It never ceases to amaze me how bent out of shape adult people can get in a discussion on the best way to play make believe."

Shadowthrone

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2009, 12:32:11 PM »
The little tree is for Morrighan's disciples.

Vespertilio

• Never met a Dark Lord, not a
  • Dark Power
  • We can't stop here, this is bat country!
    • Messages from Nihil
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2009, 01:03:36 PM »
The somewhat overgrown feel of the outskirts seems more fitting, especially the smaller paths and dirt by the benches. 

The Vistani camp I'd agree has a bit too much dirt for the temporary settlement of people on the move.   (In fact if some Vistani not vital to game balance were to move locations seasonally I think that would help add to the feeling that they are wanderers and travelers. An example of a seasonal camp might be some of the male vistani make a small hunting encampment in a location plentiful with resources such as mink in late fall, they might even buy skins for a slightly lower price than the main camp if such a location were far from that main encampment. Correspondingly the camp those males came from would have a higher number of children, female and older male npcs to reflect that a portion of the community is elsewhere.)

I could just run into the room and punch you in the balls; sure, that's scary. That's entertainment. But it isn't horror...

hikari

• Outlander
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2009, 01:08:27 PM »
I thought the little tree was one of Nara'ia's seeds finally taking root   :)

Vespertilio

• Never met a Dark Lord, not a
  • Dark Power
  • We can't stop here, this is bat country!
    • Messages from Nihil
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2009, 02:06:49 PM »
I thought the little tree was one of Nara'ia's seeds finally taking root   :)

Same here, after a year real time of her planting seeds, surely one would have taken root.  Jinx was always hoping it would be a cherry tree.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 02:09:49 PM by Vespertilio »

I could just run into the room and punch you in the balls; sure, that's scary. That's entertainment. But it isn't horror...