Author Topic: New Spell Effects, or the Lack Of  (Read 27073 times)

dark_majico

Re: New Spell Effects, or the Lack Of
« Reply #175 on: January 07, 2011, 03:24:11 PM »
Okay i only made it to the ninth page before i gave up and got tired of reading the same arguments being said over and over. Personally i hate it being stated where people keep saying mages are going to be buffed 27/7 i'm a mage and i'm hardly ever buffed while in the towns or anywhere unless i'm out hunting and gathering. The only two spells i use with in cities and such are strength for when my load becomes to heavy and Invis when the Garada get to near and Miuo needs to hide.

I rather like the spell effects removed i like seeing my char not a walking Vegas sign. Yes it took some time to get used to and it lets some spells fall and you do not notice but i think the over all general effect is way better, as stated before with playing other servers and such and being used to all the visuals when walking alone and about i feel naked and vulnerable.

Nurfing spells further would deter me from playing as it is already hard enough playing a caster as is, with only being useful for as long as we have our spells. Once there gone were totally vulnerable to attacks. Unless you invest into hording potions. But that takes money and strength to lug them about. Which makes any strength class twice as powerful against us since we can hardly defend our selves once such happens.

Iv died several times due to not having my spells up, but i'm not about to start doing whats been implied that all mages do. Not to mention doing such makes the risk of being caught much higher when you repeatably need to reply such spells. I rp it out to be tasking and exhausting using up all her possible spells and maintaining the spells.

Not all chars invest into totally being buffed all the time. I find it pointless to be so, one its a waste of time to rest or find a safe place to, or money to continue to rent rooms all the time just so you can toss up spells again that you don't really need.

I think most spells effects should be removed except those that do have explicit means of visual such as barkskin and such, Not stone skin however since as it's been stated "As hard as stone" Not "becomes stone".

Those this is only the opinion of a somewhat new member, and a low level spell caster.

Ditto! I have played wizards and sorcerers for years and years as they are my favourite classes and I think its a cardinal sin to cast s spell when you dont need too. Real mages conserve spells for only when they need to use them, as doing otherwise could be the differense between life and death, I choose not to use game mechanics to my advantage and rest/rinse/repeat whenever durations fail, its terribly bad roleplay and abuse of game mechanics, its spells per day not spells per hour. A sorcerer might be more inclined to cast s spell than a wizard as she might know she has a back up to escape a sticky situation but the same rule more or less apllies, you should not be frivalouse with spells.

Miuo

Re: New Spell Effects, or the Lack Of
« Reply #176 on: January 07, 2011, 04:37:25 PM »
(nod nod) Specially on this server i'm always so scared some random things gonna happen so i always have them saved and ready. Even with my familiar i'm always keeping it hidden cause i'm afraid someones gonna go "Monster!" And then it will be killeds v-v To bad the cats aren't stronger :( Or i would use them :D Probably will later on when my level actually averages them out so they don't die in one hit <.< >.> Im a get a black kitty and call it Whitey XD