Author Topic: Request Character Deletion  (Read 2985 times)

Hades

• The Tyrant of the Mist
  • Dark Lord
Request Character Deletion
« on: April 06, 2009, 12:35:03 PM »
Given the good possibility that my main PC Alexander will be executed soon, I began trying to come up with a new character.  I made several pcs that I soon after realized that I messed them up, or they simply weren't right.  I've settled with one now, but my character selection is spammed.  Could I please have the following characters deleted from my account?

Account Name:  Memnock07

Characters to be deleted:
Amshel Lacusta
Marius Grenshan
Victor Svecht
William Gatts

I would greatly appreciate it if this could be done.  Thank you and hopefully this is in the right forum section... >.>

~Hades
"Alexander the Destroyer"

"In a closed society where everyone is guilty, the greatest crime is getting caught. In a world full of thieves, the greatest sin is stupidity" ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Chrisman888

• The Man Of The Hour
  • Dark Power
Re: Request Character Deletion
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 01:02:14 PM »
Character's can't be deleted or they don't do it. You have to make a new account if you want a clear list.

~ Chris
Current Characters:
- Horatiu Milosovici (Barovian)
- Garbhan Macduff (Forlon)

Purist

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 06:17:25 PM »
Characters can be deleted, but as far as I know, they chose to not do it.

failed.bard

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 10:21:20 PM »
The characters  can be deleted, but from my understanding it would have to be done physically at the server, and I doubt it's worth Axel and Soren's time to do that for non-essential things.
  They also don't allow Leto, due to rules regarding outside access to the server network it's on.

Strife

• Player, Fan
  • Dark Lord
  • Everybody's a Prisoner
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 10:39:37 PM »
The characters  can be deleted, but from my understanding it would have to be done physically at the server, and I doubt it's worth Axel and Soren's time to do that for non-essential things.
They also don't allow Leto, due to rules regarding outside access to the server network it's on.

Phyiscal location of the server and the fact we cannot use Leto as stated above, means we simply cannot delete characters. Sorry but you'll have to surf like the rest of us  :lol:

DM Strife

Purist

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2009, 05:09:38 PM »
It'd be handy, since I myself have a list of some useless characters that would enjoy eternal peace, aka delete.

DM Nocturne

• Sanguis Noctis
  • Dark Power
  • Vampires don't do dishes
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2009, 08:13:54 PM »
You know that it is possible to script it in such a way that allows the player to delete the current character they have from the vault. The alternative server I play on allows this.

Why waste a server admin's time, when the player can delete their own?

Hades

• The Tyrant of the Mist
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2009, 01:44:19 AM »
That's a good idea...  Find the script?
"Alexander the Destroyer"

"In a closed society where everyone is guilty, the greatest crime is getting caught. In a world full of thieves, the greatest sin is stupidity" ~ Hunter S. Thompson

failed.bard

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2009, 02:11:51 AM »
They can't give outside write access to the server.  It's not a matter of if it can be done or not, it's due to the rules at the university it's hosted at.

-Edit-

Okay, from this thread: http://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=12337.0
Do you mean managing as in space taken up or actual activity from the host?  Becuase from other servers I've seen, programs like LETO could be managed by anyone with granted authority from the admin.

Activity from the host. We can't give out access directly to the server, as it'll give access to the internal university network.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 07:58:26 AM by failed.bard »