You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Body supposedly gone from Ezraslefthandplayer when on a rescue. Resolved thanks!  (Read 1331 times)

WildPirate13

Hello,

I would first like to say I enjoy or rather enjoyed depending on how this issue is resloved. I am a fairly new player to POTM and have spent some time playing as a Devon Maze.  It was around 11:30 Atlnatic Standard Time.or perhaps sooner That I was ambushed in the Market sewers and killed. Soloing. Why because I could find no one to travel with. There was a dm on at the time. I sent a tell to the dm on the dm channel saying I needed help and there was no response. Dougan O'grady said he lost connect and then lost my body!
 I work full time and spend my spare time playing on NWN. I have also brought other players to the server.
 I spent over an hour looking for help and the only one that would assist was the Login player Ezraslefthand aka Dougan O'grady. There were a few others that attempted to assist but the area was to tough for them and they retreated.
 I have great concern over this "BUG" if a player grabs a body to do a rescue then crashes. Then my character is wiped out?!
 I need some help on the issue and there was no response from either a dm and Ezas left hand said it was gone when he logged back in!?

HELP!!!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 12:02:45 PM by WildPirate13 »

failed.bard

Re: Body supposedly gone from Ezraslefthandplayer when on a rescue/BUG!
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 11:52:49 AM »
Relogging will quite often put your body back in game.  Try that first, it should end up at the transition into the area he crashed in if it works.

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• The Cult of the Morninglord
  • Dark Power
  • The Chuck Norris of RP -Eraldur
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 11:53:12 AM »
did you check the area where you died? i think there is a script in place that puts it back to where it was

WildPirate13

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 12:01:36 PM »
Thank you.

I logged back in and my body was in the temple. Seems Dougan lost the body when he logged and then found it again. Thank you for the quick responses as well!
 Very nice! Yes.
 2 years ago I ran into an issue where my body did go MIA for good and I did send messages to the dms and got no help at all. Shortly after I quit the server.
  I think the community has come along way!

8)

Thank you all again and to the ones that explained the body system in me in game :) and posting :)
 WHEW!!

Eledaar

• Undead Master
  • Who?
As you have seen: any time you are carrying a body and log, crash or otherwise become disconnected from the server, the body is dropped wherever the carrier logged out.

After a reset, if you log in with a dead character, I -believe- the body shows up wherever you died.
-Ashan Nottiams, Mad Bastard
-Cosmin Slabu, Garda
-Grom, Rat-Eating Scumbag

Bad_Bud

• Developers
  • Dark Power
Any time you lose your body, walk into one of the misted areas with an ezrite shrine in front of it.  It will take you to the near ethereal, where you can then enter the portal to be taken to your body's location.

WildPirate13

Wicked!
  Thanks