You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Swamp Chest - Easy Camping  (Read 1693 times)

kenpen

• Dark Power
Swamp Chest - Easy Camping
« on: April 02, 2009, 09:23:41 AM »
Stick a monster in the below-ground hut, where the chest is. As it is, you can just log of there right next to the chest and camp it over and over again. You don't even have to run a map away, which would be acceptable (because you'd have to sneak back in every time.) Just endless camping. At least a monster down there would make people think twice before logging off in the room. And it would give me something to kill.

Maybe a big, fat swamp forest breeding moor-woman. A pregnant one.  And some Moor-kids with big teeth. And a moor-baby, with a little spear. That would rock.

Chrisman888

• The Man Of The Hour
  • Dark Power
Re: Swamp Chest - Easy Camping
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 11:20:27 AM »
lol, I don't even think your aloud to log off beside chests in the first place.. and log back on every 15 mins or whatever. I think the DM will smite yoous.

~ Chris
Current Characters:
- Horatiu Milosovici (Barovian)
- Garbhan Macduff (Forlon)

engelfire

• Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 11:27:35 AM »
Same thing at the peak of Ghakis, dont know if its fixed but theres that hole to that small chamber with 2 chests in it. you can log off there and keep looting those for all eternity
Vino - Who are you calling fat !?
Hekathn - You make a fine collection of bodyparts nnggghhh...

kenpen

• Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 03:01:24 PM »
Yeah, didn't think about that. The room atop Ghakis, too.

Just throw a few monsters in there that regen after every reset. Something big enough to give people pause. Or you could just have it boot them out if they log on there after being logged off for more than a game hour.

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 01:34:53 PM »
Yeah, didn't think about that. The room atop Ghakis, too.

Just throw a few monsters in there that regen after every reset. Something big enough to give people pause. Or you could just have it boot them out if they log on there after being logged off for more than a game hour.

It should actually work that way - if you log back into a zone that's deactivated, it should move you to safe location. Any idea if that isn't working? Sometimes, others have activated the area when you return, but otherwise, it shouldn't allow you to keep logging in there.

kenpen

• Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 01:51:11 PM »
I don't think it's working inside the hut. I haven't tried it for more than one cycle, but I've been able to log out there, and log back in later without problem. I think it will kick you to the last safe area after a reset, if you try to go back to that location, but not other times.