You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Lost username/password help  (Read 2046 times)

k_moustakas

• Dark Power
  • Shadow calls... shadow whispers...
Lost username/password help
« on: March 27, 2009, 02:50:27 AM »
I'm posting this for my friend, account name volraths

Yesterday, for controversial reasons, he uninstalled the game. Upon reinstalling it, and after downloading all the required haks/patches/cep etc, he realised he has no clue what his password is. Off we went to bioware account login help. From there, after hours of trying and brainstorming and whatsnot, we discovered that despite 'volraths' being shown on my online buddy list, that isn't the actual user name (must be some ' or _ truncated somewhere somehow?). Bottom line is, usage of the automated password retrieval failed.

He went on and created a new account. But guess what... he can't see his old characters  :shock:

Is there a way to move his characters -physically by copy-paste I guess?- to his new account or are they possibly lost for ever now? The characters where Tam Blake, Gorthamon and Merrido.

P.S. We have already emailed accounts@bioware.com but judging by the automated response we got...
Has been described as a sometimey player

Eledaar

• Undead Master
  • Who?
Re: Lost username/password help
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 03:05:07 AM »
Admin should be able to tell you the player name by searching the server vault for those characters, after which you would be able to pursue automated password retrieval.
-Ashan Nottiams, Mad Bastard
-Cosmin Slabu, Garda
-Grom, Rat-Eating Scumbag

Axel

• Eternal Saviour/Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 05:09:54 AM »
Admin should be able to tell you the player name by searching the server vault for those characters, after which you would be able to pursue automated password retrieval.

He ought to be ale to do that, yes. :P

Your friend's account is "volraths". There are no weird obfuscation in the account name like "_", "'" or something similar, but if I remember correctly the account name is case sensitive. Send me a PM if bioware can't help him/her retrieve the password.

k_moustakas

• Dark Power
  • Shadow calls... shadow whispers...
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 06:37:26 AM »
Thank you for the quick response... we have already tried everything between volraths and VOLRATHS with no success. We'll wait a few days for a response from bioware and if don't get any (highly likely) I'll pm you Axel.

Thanks again
Has been described as a sometimey player