You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Use for remains.  (Read 2511 times)

Anarcoplayba

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
Use for remains.
« on: March 26, 2009, 11:11:06 AM »
Here's  suggestion:

We exchange skeleton knukles for healing potions.

Couldn't we use also other remains? Exchange vampire teeth, Bodak teeth for other potions.

Would be usefeul and give some utility for those remains.

And would be a good thing to the Morninglord cleanse te world from the undead.
Noignar Huillen: Ilmater Cleric.
Hedien Gine: Arrow and Bow Artist.
Dolin Schneim: Dwarven Soldier

ThAnswr

• Dark Power
  • We all end up the same: Level 20 or dead.
Re: Use for remains.
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 11:31:03 AM »
I believe you can exchange vampire teeth in the mage tower for healing potions.  I could be wrong as I don't use them, but I think I read that here. 
Sig by Garison

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
Hunter Thompson

"Rock is overpowered, paper is just about right" - Scissors
Thanks Aahz

Bad_Bud

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 12:40:25 PM »
I believe you can exchange vampire teeth in the mage tower for healing potions.  I could be wrong as I don't use them, but I think I read that here. 

It used to be five vampire fangs would get you a potion of restore, but now five vampire fangs gets you a mundane cure serious wounds potion.  It's not really worth it anymore.

Oh, and the elite vampire hearts that give you one potion of cure serious wounds... it's a giggle.

Bodak teeth, however, as far as I know, are worthless.

LawfulJoe

• "Evil is a thing of perception, it depends on which end of the sword you're on"
  • Dark Power
  • aka AwfulJoe
    • Joe Kellerman - Graphic Artist
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 12:57:39 PM »
What about player Remains, any use for those?  :twisted:

Shadowthrone

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 02:17:53 PM »
Like turning drow remains into drow skin dye? :)

Chrisman888

• The Man Of The Hour
  • Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2009, 05:22:50 PM »
Like turning drow remains into drow skin dye? :)

oo that would be cool!

~ Chris
Current Characters:
- Horatiu Milosovici (Barovian)
- Garbhan Macduff (Forlon)

failed.bard

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2009, 10:30:49 PM »
5 elite hearts gave considerably better than a cure serious last time we took some there.

Kung Fu Orc

• Supreme Overlord
  • Dark Power
  • Alchoholics Incorperated
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2009, 11:26:21 PM »
And a potion of cure serious wounds is pretty damn valuable thank you... especially for fighters.

Daciana Varzaru- "If fate is a principle beyond Human comprehension which capriciously torments man, then it is karma that man confront fate with sorcery."

Bad_Bud

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2009, 07:06:30 AM »
And a potion of cure serious wounds is pretty damn valuable thank you... especially for fighters.

Not considering how much those vampires beat up fighters to get those fangs.

Knas

• Developers
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • Worthless phony
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2009, 10:04:48 AM »

Gonna echo doom here, not everyone has stone skin or healing abilities, they instead have to depend on others or potions.

Chrisman888

• The Man Of The Hour
  • Dark Power
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2009, 10:49:15 AM »

Gonna echo doom here, not everyone has stone skin or healing abilities, they instead have to depend on others or potions.

Very true.

Edit: Also potions are random dice roll when you use them too heal, obviously some are higher dice roll then others but unless you max out on the dice roll 1 serious could end up like one maxed medium.

In my opinion since potions are so low, they should be changed to do there max healing when used. Then fighting for 1 potion is actually useful when you know that baby is gonna pop you 50 HP or whatever it is every time.

~ Chris
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 10:51:59 AM by Horatiu Milosovici »
Current Characters:
- Horatiu Milosovici (Barovian)
- Garbhan Macduff (Forlon)

ThAnswr

• Dark Power
  • We all end up the same: Level 20 or dead.
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2009, 11:27:00 AM »

Very true.

Edit: Also potions are random dice roll when you use them too heal, obviously some are higher dice roll then others but unless you max out on the dice roll 1 serious could end up like one maxed medium.

In my opinion since potions are so low, they should be changed to do there max healing when used. Then fighting for 1 potion is actually useful when you know that baby is gonna pop you 50 HP or whatever it is every time.

~ Chris

I agree with this idea of maxing healing potions.  It was one thing when they were readily availabe and at a low cost.  That's changed obviously and I think the strength of the potions should change accordingly. 

Of course, there's always the option of befriending a high level cleric.  One or two may have thrown off their chains, yanno.   :mrgreen:
Sig by Garison

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
Hunter Thompson

"Rock is overpowered, paper is just about right" - Scissors
Thanks Aahz

boompowclash

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2009, 11:49:53 AM »
I personally think any spell or effect (including maximized or other metamagic) over 3rd level is the province of the Artificer class, and that stronger potions are an imbalance in the game somewhat.

Making friends with a cleric is a better option...since it promotes roleplay.

Also if you thought you had access to lots of healing when you could buy it... try herbalizing a bit, the yield is very useful for personal healing.