Author Topic: Spells - Create undead being able to let you choose what type  (Read 5627 times)

Rex

• Dark Power
Re: Spells - Create undead being able to let you choose what type
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2008, 02:15:56 PM »
id prefer that the caster would need to set some black diamonds on the target corpse to animate and the scripts working with the spell would create undead based on the fallen creature, skeletal dog type of undead from wolf type of creatures, humanoid from humans and elfs, and maybe some sort of small undead type from dwarfs and hins and gnomes

Yes, bring on the components.

~Rex
Sometimes brutal violence is the only answer.

boompowclash

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2009, 05:52:58 AM »
*casts thread necromancy*

This thread sorta died off, I'm wondering if this is possible to script, an option for the undead to be created?

I for one would be all for it, if this spell required a corpse or remains to cast it on.  Same for Animate dead, being able to pick the Tyrant Fog zombie would allow for some roleplay opportunities... especially if it can be cast on a PCs corpse (as previously suggested)

Perhaps this should be a systems wishlist entry?

Anarcoplayba

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2009, 11:08:22 AM »
id prefer that the caster would need to set some black diamonds on the target corpse to animate and the scripts working with the spell would create undead based on the fallen creature, skeletal dog type of undead from wolf type of creatures, humanoid from humans and elfs, and maybe some sort of small undead type from dwarfs and hins and gnomes

I'm all for bringing components... IF the spell descriptions keep the right duration, effects, etc, not the "balanced" ones.

For instance, I discovered that Greater magic weapon is just useless for my 7 level bard.
Noignar Huillen: Ilmater Cleric.
Hedien Gine: Arrow and Bow Artist.
Dolin Schneim: Dwarven Soldier

failed.bard

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2009, 07:23:27 AM »
  An interesting way to both choose summons type, and add a component to animate dead/create undead, would be to have animate dead castable on one of the bone types already dropped by undead creatures.  Skeletons knuckles give a weaker type, and the large bones the strongest type level permits.

boompowclash

« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2009, 06:03:48 PM »
...Make PCs corpses eligible as well!? I like your idea there Failed.Bard.

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2009, 06:13:00 PM »
All I want is a radial menu that scales up with you as you level. So, at level like, 9, a wizard can maybe animate a skeleton of average strength, then more and more radial options open as he levels, so he can summon from a normal skeleton to something maybe like, an Agarat.

ThAnswr

• Dark Power
  • We all end up the same: Level 20 or dead.
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2009, 09:46:00 AM »

I'm all for bringing components... IF the spell descriptions keep the right duration, effects, etc, not the "balanced" ones.

For instance, I discovered that Greater magic weapon is just useless for my 7 level bard.

Why is Greater Magic Weapon useless for your Level 7 bard?

Sig by Garison

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
Hunter Thompson

"Rock is overpowered, paper is just about right" - Scissors
Thanks Aahz

Bad_Bud

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2009, 12:41:10 PM »
Because you must be level 8 to get a +2 bonus from it.  At level 7, with it being +1, you may as well just use regular magic weapon and save the higher level spell for something else.

darkpriest

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2009, 03:12:06 PM »
But it's not the same as seppl being useless. it is simple less useful at his current level. I like the idea of scaling undead summons with radial menu.. We lack of persistent and multiple summons, so that could be some trade-off.

Khuzadrepa

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2009, 11:19:48 AM »
The ability to change undead summons is a great idea, and is totally doable through scripting.  I've seen it done with a conversation triggered from the rest menu (to decide beforehand what creature you would like per each spell) and with an item in the same fashion.

Doing it with a radial menu is a LOT more complex and would require a new addition to the hak.  It would also limit the number of options per spell, because you can only have so many radials.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 10:36:14 AM by Khuzadrepa »
aka Warreck Banevich
Dogma of the Morninglord: "Justice comes to all evildoers eventually, not by man's laws, but by your hand and the tortuous paths of fate."

kenpen

• Dark Power
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2009, 11:54:44 AM »
It would be nice to be able to choose your greater elementals as well. I am tired of my water elementals accidentally drowning my party members. Tamila apparently doesn't know how to swim.