You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: A Note Left in the Barovian Crypts, Along the Path to the Secret Door  (Read 895 times)

Wids

• We don't need no stinkin' avatars!
  • Dark Lord
Gorham,

I have left this message where you may find it, given your hunger for artifacts.  A hunger which reached to Castle Ravenloft, and a hunger which threatens to blast us both to our horrible fates.

I knew you not by name when I gave you the Vistani elixir to help your escape through the Mists.  But the voice of the witch who pronounced my curse told me such, she did.  She is there, somewhere in my mind, telling me what must be done.  Nay other memories remain.  I followed the manservant through the great iron gates and awoke on the bridge over the falls.  Naught remains between the two memories but her voice.

What I know is that I will soon be dead from this pox laid upon me, and you will end your days at the teeth and talons of the Count's dogs, trapped within this great barrier of mist with nowhere to flee, like a fish in a pail.  We both know of your crime.  The witch made sure of it, she did.  And the only way for both of us to lift the wall of mist and escape our fates is to work together.

I know how it must be done, and you should know as well.  Come and find me in the park near here, the park where the herbalist hut stands.  I gave you the potion to help you escape the mists, but the witch tells me that this was not so.  You have not escaped any more than I did, nay.  Come and find me, and we will speak of what must be done.  And if any deals must be made to entice your help further, I shall hear them eagerly, I shall.

I am as desperate a soul as you were when you fled panicking from the castle last night.  Let us reason together.

[the note is unsigned]

// Yes, the note's down there.  Check it out.   :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 12:50:48 PM by Wids »