You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Neverwinter Nights Overrides  (Read 28399 times)

Midnight

Neverwinter Nights Overrides
« on: February 07, 2006, 10:35:18 AM »
Overrides are optional downloads that you can use to touch up certain aspects of the game. Simply click on the bolded text for the links, and place all the downloads extracted in your "override" folder located in Neverwinter Nights/NWN/override on your C: drive (or which ever drive holds Neverwinter Nights for you). :wink:

Ravenloft POTM specific:

- Sky Boxes

- Custom GUI

Other:

- All Voicesets

- Alternate Combat Animations v3.0 (this is a new release based on the previous release by Ragnarok_mr4  - and very nicely done)

- Bioware Children Heads for Halflings

- Cave Ceilings

- CEP Heads

- Colorized Spell Icons

- Death Mask (replaces skull helm)

- Hands (replaces biowares "fists of doom")

- New Forest Floors

- Redone Weapon Textures (more realistic)

- Robe Update (for female dresses)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other downloads for Neverwinter Nights.

These don't go in the override folder (you can place them where ever you like), they are just a couple of additions to aid your game play. 

- NDubyaConfig (This is a game editor that will allow you to get rid of the intro movies, access "Windowed mode" letting you play NWN in a window as opposed to full screen, as well as many other features.)

- Neverwinter Nights Grimoire v3.0 (a complete guide to Neverwinter Nights with detailed explanations of Classes, Skills, Feats, etc.)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 06:48:43 PM by Catacomb »

Midnight

Neverwinter Nights Overrides
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 06:48:25 AM »
*Added several overrides and updated some of the old links.

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
Re: Neverwinter Nights Overrides
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 07:17:42 AM »
/Updated to link our own.

Dark_Majic

• Undead Slayer
  • Darkness tastes better
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 06:34:35 AM »
One of those overdes messes up the female robes really badly, and I dont think the fix will cure it, I cant remember which one though... the hands is the one most worth downloading.

Ravenous

• Devourer
  • Dark Power
  • Hunger is eternal...
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 09:13:40 AM »
Alternate combat moves it might be.. Messes up robes and ruins the animation on cloaks..

Sig by Garison

-Rotten Fish-

• Dark Lord
  • "Getting Down With The Sickness..."
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2007, 09:17:19 AM »
i can only get the 'fencing' style to work

and he looks ruddy stupid doing it!
Beriszló Józsa - Gundarakite Commoner
Emanuel Lupescu - Cursed Barovian...
Hastian Vandel - "And The Dead Shall Walk..."
Konrad Kruschev - R.I.P

Nefensis

• MIA
  • Dark Power
  • Gaming wench )0(
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2007, 11:26:07 AM »
The new emotes breaks the cloaks on females, they look crooked, messes with the hat too. Same does the override fighting style.

Stela Cojocaru - barovian snake
Crina Ovidiu - barovian guard

Ravenous

• Devourer
  • Dark Power
  • Hunger is eternal...
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2007, 02:28:57 PM »
I´ve heard somewhere that there might be an update in the works on the fighting moves so they work with the cloaks.. just a rumor though..

Sig by Garison

Dark_Majic

• Undead Slayer
  • Darkness tastes better
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2007, 07:20:20 AM »
##Final Edit, here is the correct link to the overide version (previously I had found the hak version)##

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Other.Detail&id=994

This is an overide set which alters the default neverwinter nights spell icons to the classic Baldures Gate 2 (and Throne of Bhaal) icons instead. Odviously this will overide the colourised spell icons. I use this myself, no problems with it. Please note the screenshot shows also an alterd 'border' (the GUI), this isnt inluded in the overdies it is just specificly the spell icons.

Alas, they do not work in PoTM, it must be something to do with one of the required haks  :(, which makes me very sad because they are nice looking. However being overides they will work in single player and most of the other modules up and running.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 10:43:22 AM by Dark_Majic »

Kendaric

• Undead Master

ethinos

• Keepin' it hardcore since 2nd edition AD&D
  • Dark Power
  • When in doubt, fireball.
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2008, 06:29:03 PM »
The skeletons look ok, with the glowing ones obviously standing out. But those zombies look pretty good. Especially since some still have hair and whatnot, making them a little more creepy.
Torgan Ironshield: Battlerager and smith
Wirth Darmington II: Roguish noble
Kurgh: A simple herdsman

thorgrimm

• New to the Mists
    • http://
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2008, 10:46:56 PM »
Sweeeet!!

Rex

• Dark Power
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2008, 11:00:35 PM »
I like the mummy.

~Rex
Sometimes brutal violence is the only answer.

Helaman

• What the hell am I doing here?
  • Dark Power
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2008, 12:52:01 AM »

IF i was only using John Umpton, I'd do it in a second... but Yoshinaka using a Katana like a rapier makes my blood run cold...

And Otake, Wulfgang Eberhardt, Aesin, Humiko, Bonereaver, Anthrania + whatever concept I am playing with...

Kendaric

• Undead Master
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2008, 05:33:20 AM »
The skeletons look ok, with the glowing ones obviously standing out. But those zombies look pretty good. Especially since some still have hair and whatnot, making them a little more creepy.

Yeah, the glowing green flames are annoying but if you know how to edit the .mdl files in notepad, you can get rid of those emitters on the skeletons leaving them with only the glowing eyes (the eyes are part of the texture, not the model itself).

IMPORTANT: When using the zombies, do NOT copy the 2da file o your override folder. The silvery effect without the 2da is barely noticeable anyway and you'd have to merge that 2da with the one used on the server.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 06:39:55 AM by Kendaric »

Rex

• Dark Power
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2008, 10:44:55 AM »

IF i was only using John Umpton, I'd do it in a second... but Yoshinaka using a Katana like a rapier makes my blood run cold...

Not half as much as when I see Elves, halflings, gnomes, dwarves, half orcs, running around with Katanas.  Rather like my Area weapons to be relegated to folk from that area.  But then, I would also like to see an option that allows two handed use of a bastard sword or a katana so one can fight more correctly with them.

~Rex
Sometimes brutal violence is the only answer.

Tarth

• Dark Lord
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2008, 12:03:10 AM »

Wids

• We don't need no stinkin' avatars!
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2008, 03:31:42 PM »

Eh, Fencing's okay.  It's a decent animation set if you're into two-weapon fighting.  But my biggest complaint about Fencing is its limited animations; attacks with your off-hand weapon are executed with an animated strike from your main weapon.  And it looks pretty off-putting to see your character stab with a bastard sword and deal a short sword's worth of damage.  :?

But I think the Kensai animations are more my thing...and, in my opinion, they're better than the Fencing set.  Especially when it comes to two-weapon fighting.  :)

Sure, Kensai's not without its flaws.  Shields are one of Kensai's weak points.  Why block with the shield's edge when you have an entire face to work with?  Why raise the shield to shoulder-height and leave your abdomen undefended?

But the good news?  Kensai has a nice mix of attack animations.  There's even a hopping 360° slash which comes up from time to time!  :D

Yeah...a still snapshot can't do the 360° attack justice.  You'd just have to see it with your own eyes.  :?

Improved models:

Skeletons & lich: http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Creatures.Detail&id=598

Zombies: http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Creatures.Detail&id=605
Truth be told, I don't really like the new zombies.  They're too skeletal and too "busy".  I guess I'll have to hunt down the override's files and delete them, because I'd rather have my old zombies back...even if I have yet to get over the ones missing half their heads.  :?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 03:36:43 PM by Wids »

Hanzo

• Undead Master
Requested hak file.
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2009, 02:21:56 AM »
Greetings DMs. I have just found a Samurai helm style from the NWN vault. I am not sure if it is an actual helm, or a possible design for one of the crafting options, although I am hoping the second. I would like to request that this small file be added to the server since there are those that play some Rokuma characters, and that there really is no helm that suits the Rokuma. http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=hakpaks.Detail&id=2599#commentmarker

"The sword is the soul. Study the soul to know the sword. An evil soul, an evil sword."

Pepchko

Count Strahd Override
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2009, 01:25:08 PM »
Stravokov's: Count Strahd Override

simple texture revitalization to give Barovia's Infamous count a darker Gothic feel.

Pepchko

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2010, 11:45:14 PM »
Found an awesome Portrait pack thats got everything just about!!

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Portraits.Detail&id=5682

Illy-Dan

• Undead Slayer
  • Who is John Galt?
    • Grey Wardens.com
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2010, 08:42:40 AM »
As you already have coloured spell icons you might also enjoy these:

Colorized Feat & Ability Icons
Colorized Class Icons

"Enemies, as well as lovers, come to resemble each other over a period of time."
— Sydney J. Harris

Knas

• Developers
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • Worthless phony
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2010, 08:46:35 AM »
Oh very nice, thanks for sharing

Illy-Dan

• Undead Slayer
  • Who is John Galt?
    • Grey Wardens.com
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2010, 10:40:29 AM »
Took me a little while to relocate this, otherwise I would have included it in my post above, but something many people should enjoy is 'clobber'.  In short Clobber is a nice little .exe that you use to launch NWN.  When you close NWN clobber renames your log-file into year-month-day-xx format (where xx is an increasing number based on the number of log files for that current date).

While clobber is a damn good bit of kit it does have one limitation, that I remember, as Clobber only renames the file when NWN is closed, should you have to restart your PC (due to a freeze, or whatever) without closing down NWN, you will need to remember to manually rename the log file.  Finally, there used to be a log viewer program called 'Cleave' floating about, but one of the NWN patches murdered it.

Clobber 1.1

"Enemies, as well as lovers, come to resemble each other over a period of time."
— Sydney J. Harris

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2010, 12:50:43 PM »