You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Graphic/Game Issue  (Read 2797 times)

DarkWyvern

Graphic/Game Issue
« on: March 15, 2009, 09:13:27 PM »
Alright. So my fiance was having issues with the emotes. They weren't working for him on his end, as in not seeing them. So I looked around, couldn't find the link on the Emotes fix. I asked on the DM channel, and a thought was he was missing something.

So. Redownloaded the haks, both earlier version and current. Re-installed them, including the one that allows you to cast Inflict wounds on self.

*sigh* Now, when he logs in, everything loads in EXCEPT the people. Weapons, placeables are visible, but bodies are nulled out. How do we fix this?  :banghead:

Vokan

Re: Graphic/Game Issue
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 09:20:38 PM »
This is a very common problem with NWN, I've found.

Try re-downloading the haks once more. Occasionally they become corrupted. As well, update any drivers his video card has - this is the most common cause of the problem,for whatever reason.

Also, is he running Vista? If so, make sure to run the game on Administrator mode - right click on the shortcut, 'run as administrator.' For whatever reason, Vista likes to block random things for absolutely no reason unless the person using the computer has top-secret CIA clearance (admin mode.)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 09:24:37 PM by Vokan »

Purist

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 06:43:58 PM »
I know what is this, this has to do with new Catalyst drivers, you must set Catalyst AI to minimun or such, then it will work properly, well, of course, this'd only work if your fiance's video card happen to be a Radeon.

Mcskinns

• Dark Lord
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 01:10:07 AM »
I know what is this, this has to do with new Catalyst drivers, you must set Catalyst AI to minimun or such, then it will work properly, well, of course, this'd only work if your fiance's video card happen to be a Radeon.

I tried this, the three options it has are Advanced, Standard, or Disabled... none of the three settings fixed the issue, but thanks for trying to help.

Sage - When stories come to life

DarkWyvern

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 01:16:53 AM »
The issue he has is that he can't see the emotes work.

I remember there was a fix for it, cause I was still having that [Crosses arms] issue where it was making my alt on my screen look like she was knighting someone, but I can't remember where that fix is. Otherwise, his graphics seem fine when he plays.

Kadtreko

• New to the Mists
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 04:06:36 PM »
Someone I know has the Kensai combat animatons and can't see the [cross arms] emote. I tell him to remove it to see if it works afterward but he doesn't listen.

I use a custom walk animation set that makes walking...less... crappy and I see the emotes just fine.

Try testing something, take out the custom animation overrides you may have and see if something changes.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 04:08:11 PM by Kadtreko »

DarkWyvern

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 05:23:07 PM »
He has my override folder, which has only the CEP Heads, the Hands and Feet, and Voiceset in it. No animation stuff in there. And Emotes work fine for me heh

Vokan

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2009, 09:03:40 AM »
In my experience, it means that he has a bad version of cep2_top_v22b. For some reason, the CEP auto-installer either doesn't have it or has a corrupted version of it. Some people work around this by copying cep_2_top_v22, but without cep2_top_v22b specifically, I've noticed the special emotes don't work.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 09:08:48 AM by Vokan »