You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Auto follow tool  (Read 5483 times)

Budly

• Dark Power
Re: Auto follow tool
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2009, 01:26:01 PM »
Waiting is waiting. Better to wait then follow and get in an ambush or something. It is rather a bad idea with follow, can be abused and so on. Now you gonna tell me not to use it myself but well, it looks rather fun to see people run on that..."train" and get ported about.

I'll thank you to not dictate to me what is better for me and the people that I party with.

I told you my opinion. I did not tell you what is better. I told you what I think is better. If there is a problem you can PM me about it and not flock this thread with our skibble skapple ;)

Understand that I do not use I am not a native english speaker nor one to debate that oftenly about things. Simpy my opinion as I thought you would know.

mayvind

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2009, 08:43:22 PM »
Well just experience it first hand a ghost following me using auto follow and it is annoying, since he know where i rest and where my lair is this can be abused and meta. If people are clever.

Meta is not easy on screenshot you know. (to DM)

kenpen

• Dark Power
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2009, 04:55:01 PM »
Maybe there could be an option included for someone to break any followers off them.

Kendric98

• Dark Power
  • Omnipotent Overlord of the Omniverse!
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2009, 11:51:33 PM »
I have used the tool on other servers and didn't like it. For one it had a tendency to "turn off" at the worst times. Also the way it looked in char, if you were slower the tool would have you run to keep up and it always looked weird.

Samson/Tatyanna Costella

boompowclash

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2009, 12:39:13 AM »
Hostile setting could break the follow?

failed.bard

« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2009, 12:47:39 AM »
Hostile setting could break the follow?

I really like this idea, and it makes sense.  If you're trailing an enemy, it shouldn't be as easy as typing @follow.

DM Macabre

• Dungeon Master
  • Dark Power
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2009, 04:56:53 AM »
Sounds like a good idea to me. :thumbup: