You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Hunter, The Wayward.  (Read 13419 times)

Hades

• The Tyrant of the Mist
  • Dark Lord
Undead
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2009, 05:57:21 AM »
"I met with a man named Devon not long ago.  He informed me that he believes he is being stalked by a Vampire.  Hearing this, I decided to investigate once more the tunnels beneath Mt. Baratak, hoping to learn the identity of his would be stalker.  While I was fighting my way through the dark passages, I encountered a man named Valli.  I met Valli once before when he saved me from the Moor Men near the village of Barovia.  He and I decided to join forces in our explorations in that hellish hole.  With minimal difficulty, we fought our way through the tunnels and into the ruined tower.  The tower was full of blood suckers, but we managed to put them all down, again with minimal difficulty.  We stopped to rest in the top floor.  While we were recovering our spells and mending our scrapes, something happened.  A presence became known to us.  This presence had power, of that we could be certain and it held some familiarity to me.  The voice of a woman seemed to appear out of thin air, mocking us for entering her home.  Valli wasted no time in turning tail and fleeing, leaving me alone in the room with whoever or whatever had found us.  Then she appeared.

Her name was Lyssa Von Zarovich, a blood relation to the Count and like him a cursed creature of darkness.  We spoke for some time in that room and I was surprised that she did not attack me.  It appeared that she had something more intimate in mind. Further more, I do not believe she is the vampire that was stalking Devon, but I can not be sure. There was something about her though.  A grace or charm that I found compelling.  I could not resist her alluring request for me to come closer to her.  When I did so, she pulled my lips to hers and embraced me tighter than any had in the past.  At first the exchange was pleasant, even stimulating however it did not come without pain.  She bit down on my tongue and began sucking me of my lifeblood.  Even then, I was compelled not to withdraw.  I embraced her tighter.  When it was through, she bit down even harder, severing part of my tongue and leaving me on the floor in agony.  She did not kill me however and something she said makes me think that she does not intend to.  She made me an interesting offer, one that in my weakened state I could not refuse.  Even if my health were perfect, I do not think I could refuse her.  She is perfection.

After she left, I crawled out of the catacombs and managed to stumble back to Vallaki.  Entering the Morninglord temple, I found that it was full of people with weapons in hand.  Apparently demons had attacked this night and then suddenly left.  Those present did what they could to heal my damaged tongue, but nothing had effect.  Healing spells would not stop the blood flow, nor would cauterizing the wound.  Nara'ia was present at the temple.  It was good to see her alive and well after so long.  When morning came, Nara'ia and a priestess named Bera took me to see father Ilie in the slums.  He too was unable to restore my damaged limb.  It was decided that a Regeneration spell was the only way.  Father Ilie also suggested that we go back to Baratak and kill the vampire who did this to me.  Bera and I are going to go back there, but I do not know if I will be able to harm Lyssa.  Even after everything.  More important, Ilie seemed very uneasy by my presence.  He even told Bera and Nara'ia that should I pass away, my body must be burned.  I've decided that I do not like father Ilie. None the less, Bera and I (and perhaps others) will return to the ruined tower on Baratak once I've recovered my strength.

Currently I am sitting in one of the private bedrooms at the temple in the slums.  Nara'ia is here, taking her reverie.  She too has noticed that I am changing.  I cant quite explain it but this ordeal has left me feeling different.  I can not bring myself to tell Nara'ia exactly what happened in that tower.  I doubt she'd feel the same about me, were I to enlighten her.  In any event, even with my injury - I feel stronger.  I've even noticed that I can cast even more potent spells than before.  Unfortunately I cant make much use of them given that I can not properly speak the verbal components to them but they are there none the less.  Perhaps its something Lyssa did to me that gave me a new peak in my training?  I can not say for sure, but I do know that I feel different.  Changed."
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 01:45:05 PM by Hades »
"Alexander the Destroyer"

"In a closed society where everyone is guilty, the greatest crime is getting caught. In a world full of thieves, the greatest sin is stupidity" ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Hades

• The Tyrant of the Mist
  • Dark Lord
Regeneration
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2009, 01:03:22 PM »
"I spent the past few days working with a knight by the name of Ulrik.  He and I have had some small success battling the undead that dwell beneath the Morning Lord temple.  Something, it would seem, has stirred them once more.  Fighting without the use of my spells is difficult, but here is where I finally get to write some good news.  Ulrik found a cleric whom he calls "Father Storm."  Although Storm's methods are quite odd, he was willing to help me with my problem.  Through means of a ritual that I am not familiar with, he restored my tongue and ear to me.  Words can not express how grateful I am to be able to talk and hear properly once more.  Now to gather whom I may and return to the tower to deal with Lyssa..."

"In a closed society where everyone is guilty, the greatest crime is getting caught. In a world full of thieves, the greatest sin is stupidity" ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Hades

• The Tyrant of the Mist
  • Dark Lord
Alexander the Defender
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2009, 01:19:37 AM »
"Returning to Vallaki from my travels, I found the outskirts a scene of bloodshed and slaughter.  Corpses littered the ground and it appeared as though a battle was recently fought there.  Among the dead were the bodies of very large black wolves.  After investigating the scene, I found one survivor who informed me of what I already knew.  Wolves had attacked the outskirts.  With the assistance of a young sorceress, I tracked the wolves west, near the road to the Zeklos Ruins.  I held my position and informed the sorceress to return to the temple and retrieve Sir Ulrik, a knight and traveling companion of mine.  She returned not only with Ulrik, but also with a knight named Roan and an elven woodsman.  By the time they had arrived, the wolves had withdrawn from their barricade on the road and ventured into the lands of the former Zeklos.  We pursued.

A short time later, we encountered two well dressed men that the elf claimed to have seen in the outskirts earlier that night.  Ulrik doused them with Belladonna but it had no effect.  They claimed to be bodyguards of their "Lady" and also claimed to have been attacked as well.  After a less than friendly exchange of words, they let us pass and we continued on our hunt.  While moving down the road toward the Zeklos ruins, our party encountered a large gang of bandits.  Roan demanded that we allow him a chance at diplomacy and so we did.  As can be expected they didn't bother with a trade of words and instead attacked.  With out much difficulty, we cut down each and every one of them.  I even chased down all who attempted to flee and put them to the sword.  Ever righteous Roan did not like this and threatened to attack me should I kill another fleeing man.  I promptly reminded him how easily I could put him in his grave and continued on the trail.

Further down the road, the sorceress and woodsman said they noticed that a white wolf was following us.  Given that it did not come close, we continued on our way, eventually reaching the ruins.  Under an invisibility spell I moved up the hill to find as many as twelve very large wolfweres waiting for us.  Several of them were covered in protective spells.  I suspect they knew we were coming.  When I returned to the others, I noticed that Roan was no longer present.  The wolves wasted no time in engaging us and with Roan absent, it was up to me to keep the others alive.  I fought tooth and nail, slaying Lycan after Lycan without so much as taking a scratch to my armor.  The others however weren't so lucky.  I was almost amused watching the sorceress and woodsman run in circles on the brink of death, being chased by hungry wolves.  Perhaps out of pity - I dont know, but I decided to step in and put the dogs down, saving their lives.  As expected, Ulrik was holding his ground rather well.  He seems quite competent.  Still, Roan was no where to be found.  

After killing the wolves, we backtracked along the path to find Roan standing by himself.  When I asked him why he decided not to assist us, he informed me that he was asked to judge people by their actions, and accordingly, he judged me.  He decided he could not and would not work by my side for I was nothing but a villain.  Never mind the fact that I had just killed a dozen or more Lycans and saved the lives of two of our team.  Never mind the fact that I formed this group to track and kill the wolves responsible for the murder in the outskirts.  Never mind the fact that everything I did was openly to save lives.  He implored the others to abandon my side and in spite of the fact that I had just saved their lives - they listened to him!  Excuse me, but where was the noble knight when these people were on the brink of death being chased in circles by large wolfweres?  Where was the brave knight to pick up the corpses and belongings of those murdered in the outskirts?  Where was he when I saw to their safety?  Ulrik was the only one who remained at my side.  As such, Ulrik has earned the title of friend.

The actions of the other knight, the sorceress and the woodsmen however are unacceptable!  Is this the thanks I get for trying to help?  Is this the thanks I get for saving their lives?  This kind of thing makes me wonder why I even bother.  Next time I see someone on the verge of annihilation, I shall simply stand and watch it happen.  Thanks to the ever "righteous" Roan, I shall no longer waste my time trying to save lives or help the helpless.  Furthermore, if I encounter him again I am very likely to kick the ever loving hells out of that foolish Knight.  Maybe I'll burn him with the very hell fire that he supposedly fights against?  Yes, perhaps I shall.  

"Alexander the Defender?"  What the hells was I thinking.  Never again will I waste my time protecting the weak.  Never again.  When darkness fills the land and they cry out.  They will beg for my help and I shall look down on them and say "No."  They will have only themselves and the imputent Roan Vance to thank.  Indeed.  My eyes have thus been opened."
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 07:48:49 AM by Hades »

Hades

• The Tyrant of the Mist
  • Dark Lord
This Line of Work
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2009, 07:50:19 AM »

"I've traveled to Dementlieu recently.  While I was there, I met a woman I had known a while back named Marle Webber.  She was formerly one of Unuldor's companions at the Zeklos Keep.  She informed me of several assassination attempts on her and against the wishes of the Clarion at her side, she asked that I take a job as her bodyguard.  The pay is good, so I've decided to accept.   As I've come to learn, the streets of Port A Lucine are quite dangerous.  Frequent attempts by mobsters and thieves have been made and thus as long as we remain here, I shall have some job security.  Given that she has been exiled from Barovia, I believe our stay here may be an extended one.  Business is good."
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 12:58:39 AM by Hades »

Hades

• The Tyrant of the Mist
  • Dark Lord
Re: This Line of Work
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2009, 12:57:32 AM »
"Miss Weber was in need of Hags Mane, a plant indigenous to a cavern beneath the town of Blaustine.  She informed me that a clan of lizard men that the townsfolk call "Reavers" live in the cave system as well.  They are well known pillagers and murderers in this region, as I'm told.  Because of the danger, she requested my presence to protect her while she gathered these plants.  Sure enough it came down to sword and steel in the end.  Those Reavers are tough foe, but they can be beaten.  For now at least, the cavern is clear of them and Miss Weber retrieved a good amount of Hags Mane.  The job overall was a success."
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 01:15:49 AM by Hades »

Hades

• The Tyrant of the Mist
  • Dark Lord
Cross Roads
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2009, 01:27:16 AM »
"I had some down time from my Bodyguard work with Miss Weber and decided to return to Barovia for a short time.  While I was getting some food in the Vistani Camp near Castle Ravenloft, I noticed a couple walking toward the camp.  To my delight, one of them was the Knight Roan Vance!  He hadn't noticed me, nor did his lady friend so I decided to follow them for a while.  They passed the Crossroads and appeared to be returning to Vallaki.  I decided to quietly and carefully move ahead of them on the path, out of their line of sight.  There, I used a black magic spell that I learned from a Witch I put down, to summon a very large animated corpse.  Sure enough, Roan and his company came marching up the trail unsuspecting and the animated corpse ambushed them!  Wielding its Great Sword, the corpse cut and slashed Roan with wild abandon.  Seeing that it was about to land the killing blow, I silently commanded it to halt its movement and then dismissed it.  I wasn't out to kill the Knight (although I now know how easily that task can be accomplished), but rather was using this opportunity to prove a point to myself and get a little revenge for the incident with the Black Dogs back in Vallaki.  I suppose now his past judgement of me is correct, but he has no idea that it was I who nearly killed him, so it makes little difference.  Yet another victory was accomplished this day.  What a great way to spend my time off."
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 01:31:51 AM by Hades »

Hades

• The Tyrant of the Mist
  • Dark Lord
On The Hunt
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2010, 03:29:25 PM »

"I've been in Dementlieu for some time now, still working as a body guard for Miss Webber.  Working with her has its benefits, I'll admit.  It also has its downsides.  If I have to hear any more ranting about Ezra, I'm liable to fall on my sword.  The pay is decent, although I believe the long term payout will surpass the day to day.  I've been using my time in Dementlieu to continue my hunting as well.  Currently I am tracking the Witch, Frank Alexandru.  Frank shared a cell next to me for some time when I was in prison, so we had a chance to "bond" with each other.  The guards didn't give good conversation, so it was left to the two of us to pass the time.  Frank didn't seem like a bad lass.  More or less it just seems like she had a run of bad luck.  Currently she is free from prison and wanted by the city for murdering many guards.  I must say, tracking her for this purpose does not please me, but it's a job.  Luckily for her, no one in Dementlieu seems to know anything.  Miss Weber has informed me of a job that I should complete within Barovia for her.  I'll be setting out to see this job through shortly.  Perhaps if there is time, I will ask around about Frank while I'm there."

Hades

• The Tyrant of the Mist
  • Dark Lord
On The Hunt Part Two
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2010, 12:37:58 AM »
"I entered back into Barovia with some difficulty.  I found the road blocked by many wolfweres and I was ill prepared for the encounter.  Luckily, with the help of Miss Grenwhch I was able to make it safely to the Western Outskirts.  I was hoping to find a lead on the assignment Miss Webber gave to me, but instead I found something else.  While reading over my spell book I noticed a familiar woman standing not far from me.  The spell surrounding this woman told me all I needed to know.  I was standing in front of my Old Cell mate, Frank Alexandru.  Words could not express my surprise.  I figured she would have gone into hiding, not walk right through the Morninglord temple.  We both recognized each other right off and she approached me.  Politely we said hello to each other as two people with an understanding of something that few else could fathom.  Then she got to the point asking me, "If you want to try to kill me Alex, I'll be downstairs."  I was very put off by this.  Her blatant arrogance rivals even my own.  I nodded to her in agreement and the two of us entered the crypts beneath the temple.  We prepared our defensive spells while beginning a conversation about why she was wanted and why I was hunting her.  We remained civil.  A few other people managed to wander down in time to see us preparing.  "Great, a crowd," I thought.  I watched her prepare her spells and new immediately that I was over matched.  She'd gotten much stronger since the last time I'd seen her.  I shouted "Lets just get this over with!" and made my attack.  It was futile, I know, but in spite of the fact that I agree with her as to why she killed the guards, Its too late to turn back.  If I complete this job, I may be one step closer to regaining some standing with the Count.  None of it matters however, as she easily defeated me.  She did not kill me, however.  That's a relief.  After speaking with her more, I've decided to call off the job hunting Frank.  I made my attempt at her and she beat me.  I suggested that she disappear until she's been forgotten.  Its time I got to work on the assignment from Miss Webber anyway.  With luck this one will go off smoothly.  As if my luck we're going to start now?  That would be highly doubtful."
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 01:19:18 AM by Hades »

Hades

• The Tyrant of the Mist
  • Dark Lord
Barovia
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2010, 04:26:14 PM »
"Currently, I am in my room at the Blood O' The Vine Inn.  I've had little luck tracking down the target Miss Webber gave me.  I heard a rumor that said target may be in the Village of Barovia, which is why I returned here.  I must admit, I feel a twisted sense of nostalgia being in the town where I grew up again.  No one here has seen the woman I am looking for, nor even heard of her.  Another dead end.  While I wait here to see if the target shows, I decided to stroll past the home where I spent my youth, taking a small journey down memory lane.  The rubble is long gone and the building has been remade.  The tragedy of the day my foster parents were murdered and the house was burned down seems long forgotten.  Not by me at least.  It was on that day that I found my spell book.  It was on that day that I enslaved Xoraxis.  It was on that day that I took up my initial hunt, tracking down any witches who use their power against the defenseless.  My opinion has changed since then however.  The more I learn about the inner workings of Vallaki and Barovia, the less I care for its people, especially the city Guard.  With the exception of the Arcane welding Wights that I once hunted, most of the Witches are victims of bad luck and misfortune.  Frank for instance, only murdered city guards because they had spent so much time torturing her for crimes she did not commit.  With Morffin and Jeffron dead, and Yves long gone - I'm finding it more and more difficult to go to work.   That's partially why I took up this job with Marle.  It's a change of pace.  Something different.  I feel as if my days of Witch Hunting are coming to an end.  The thought doesn't bother me much."

Hades

• The Tyrant of the Mist
  • Dark Lord
Blood Thirst: Part Two
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2010, 09:21:03 PM »
"I spent several days in the Village of my birth.  One night while I was sleeping, I had a dream come to me.  I saw myself standing over the ledge of a tower holding high a weapon that radiated power from its blade.  When I awoke, I knew the dream was my subconscious reminding me about the quest for Blood Thirst that I had begun before my incarceration.  It was time that I renewed this journey and uncovered the lost sword.  I sent a letter to Archelaus in Vallaki, asking for his assistance yet again in this quest.  As I was preparing my supplies I encountered yet again Miss Grenwetch.  After informing her of my upcoming journey, she decided to join me on my search.  We wasted no time in going to the Vistani Camp at the Tser Pool where we asked the Captain of the Caravan if he would give us transportation to the black spire.  He declined, but told me that there was a man in Vallaki that could assist me.  He said the man's name was Mister Weinstien.  We then caught a ride to Vallaki from the Caravan.  As Miss Grenwetch and I arrived in Vallaki, we were greeted by Archelaus.  It seems he received my letter and was willing to assist me in the completion of this task, much to my relief.  Together, the three of us went to the Ladies Resting Place to look for Mr. Weinstein.  We found him in the basement with his associate.  I must admit my surprise when we found out who he was.  Mister Weinstien was a man I've worked with before in the Lycan den near Lake Zarovich.  Apparently he has a ship capable of making the voyage to Bleutspar and has agreed to provide us transportation."

"The trek was a quiet one and the weather held for us.  Archelaus and I were almost certain by the reaction of the fishermen back at the harbor that Mr. Weinstien had stolen this ship.  It wouldn't be my first time on a stolen galley.  Perhaps this one wont go sailing over the Tser falls.  After some time on board the ship, we arrived at a large land mass surrounded by mist.  We exited the galley and took a dingy to shore.  There, Mister Weinstein informed us of a carriage that he had, which would provide us the transportation to the next leg of the journey.  When we reached the wagon, Mister Weinstien began arguing with Archelous about who the guide was, after Archelous made comment about Bleutspar not being in this plane.  Weinstiens attitude was starting to irritate me.  I attempted to smooth out the situation, but he turned his sarcasm and insults toward me.  He then attempted to change the deal and increase the fee for the transportation.  He was pushing me to the edge.  I was a split second from beating those crooked teeth down his throat when Archelaus stepped in and payed him, so as to expedite the situation and get us closer to the Black Spire without incident.  It was lucky for Mister Weinstien that Archelaus was willing to pay.  Otherwise I'd have likely killed the man and just kept his ship and carriage."

"We have arrived in Bleutspar.  This land always makes me feel uneasy.  The constant lightning storms are bad enough, but add to it the fact that dark elves and mind flayers call this place home and you've got a maelstrom of problems.  Archelaus and Miss Grenwetch have pointed out an alarming number of small cemeteries full of graves.  We didn't make it far before Archelaus and Miss Grenwetch were both struck by lightning.  I had to drag them away from the storm to a small makeshift "lean-to" that the rocks had formed.  Once they were recovered Archelaus found a safe path through the storm and led us beyond the worst of it.  We began passing more and more cemeteries and grave sites.  It seemed almost as if more were appearing with each step we took.  Then I noticed something that felt like a lead ball in my stomach.  Written on each grave stone was "Here Lies Alexander Silvanus!"  I was confused and horrified and apparently the only one of us three that could see it.  Archelaus slapped some sense back into me and we continued along the dark road.  That's when we spotted something in the sky to the south east of us.  We followed it quickly, hoping for a better look.  For a few minutes I lost Archelaus and Miss Grenwetch, but then I saw what it was we were chasing.  It came down from the sky with almost blinding speed.  Its body was long and reptilian - covered in fierce flames.  It looked like a giant flaming dragon!  Then it landed and took the form of a man with red wings and a face covered in peircings.  There was something strangely familiar about this man.  I regrouped with Archelaus and Miss Grenwetch and the three of us moved in for a closer look."

"The strangely familiar man was surrounded by bloated aberrations.  When we approached, they did not attack.  Archelaus prepared to kill them, when I halted him and tried to speak with the man.  I asked him who he was.  It seemed difficult for him to speak, but he said the word 'Son.'  I was confused by this and asked him why he called me son and once more who he was.  Then he said a name that hit me like a ton of bricks.  He said his name was "Antias."  I was speaking with the spiritual image of my dead father!  I was very taken back by this.  More so was the fact that in his hands was Blood Thirst, the blade I was looking for.  I did not get to speak further with him however.  A dark cloud appeared over his head and I felt a peircing cold pass through my body.  Then my world went black around me."

"I woke up in a cave at the top of the Black Spire.  Archelaus was standing over me and to my right lay Miss Grenwetch on the floor.  Both of us were gravely wounded and at some point must have passed out.  Archelaus informed me that we were attacked by a Mind Flayer turned Vampire.  Archelaus was able to defeat it and drag us to safety, although the image of my father had vanished.  Once we'd rested and recovered our strength, we made our way deeper into the cave.  The storm outside was getting worse and slowly the mouth of the cave was filling with mist.  Not too far into the cave was a small area full of lush plant life.  One the floor in the center of the cavern lay a mummified corpse.  The body had piercings all over its face and two decaying wings on its back.  Clutched in it's hands was a broken Blood Thirst.  The blade was split in half and its shards lay scattered on the floor around the corpse.  I could only assume that this was my father's body, or what was left of it.  I recovered the blade and was preparing to properly bury Antias when suddenly the room filled with Mist.  It got too thick to see and each of the three of us felt as if something were about to happen.  We wandered through the mist in the caves coming out of it in a different cave system all together.  A different country altogether even.  It would appear that the mists returned us to Barovia.  Our journey was not over however, for there were three or more very powerful Were Foxes outside waiting for us.  I'd never seen such a creature and damn are they powerful, but we beat them.  Now I just have to find a smith capable of reforging the broken Blood Thirst and this task can be considered completed.  It's been a long time in coming."
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 09:30:52 PM by Hades »

Hades

• The Tyrant of the Mist
  • Dark Lord
Re: The Words of A Witch Hunter
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2010, 05:17:09 AM »
"Several days have passed since I met what I believe to be my father.  I've safely returned to Barovia with Archelaus and Miss Grenwetch.  I find that I am working with Miss Grenwetch quite frequently.  I'm starting to take a liking to her.  It seems we are like minded in many ways.  She's saved my skin several of times, to which I am ever grateful.  I've met with Celor and Nickolai.  They have agreed to reforge the broken family heirloom blade that Archelaus, Miss Grenwetch and I recovered from Bluetspar.  I'll be meeting once more with Celor and Nickolai to see this task to completion.  I have faith that "The Crave" will be fully functional soon.  Once it is, I shall be returning to Dementlieu to continue my work with Miss Webber, although she has asked that I refer to her as Miss Winterlass from now on.  Also, I purchased two new blades to add to my arsenal.  They are called Joyeus and Dwemorbane.  I'll have to pay Miss Murphy seven thousand coins for them, but that shouldn't be difficult I believe.  After all, coins come and go rather frequently with me.  I've stilll had little luck in tracking down the target Miss Winterlass gave me.  As soon as I find her, I'll handle that task and collect my payment.  Furthermore, I witnessed a Wight of Ezra get in a battle with one of Vallaki's "finest."  It was amusing if nothing else.  Perhaps I'll hunt that wight down and kill him.  Depends on how much the job pays.  It would feel good to be hunting another undead witch again.  I'm almost sad to know that Dire and Jeffron are both dead.  Life's not as interesting when I'm not hunting someone like them down.  More on this later."

Hades

• The Tyrant of the Mist
  • Dark Lord
The Vigil
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2010, 03:32:58 AM »
        "Its been far too long since my last entry.  I've been spending my time in isolation, locked within my own mind.  Long have I debated as to if I was fighting for good, or fighting for evil.  The unending struggle of man.  That duality that afflicts us all.  I've committed many a deed for both sides of that spectrum.  I've come to learn that evil tends to pay better, but good tends to yield more favorable results.  A constant struggle.  After much consideration, I've decided that I am neither.  Nor would I wish to be.  I'm impulsive, greedy, arrogant and proud.  Too proud.  Sometimes I feel that I was meant for much more then simple bounty hunting.  As if I were chosen by the heralds and imbued to do something great, or terrible.  In my life, I've done more than most would ever fathom.  I've had personal dealings with the Count and his daughter, Talena.   I've made pacts with Nikoleta Zarovich and I've developed a relationship with Elketh.  I've seen things few others have seen.  Having read the counts private journal and even actually held the Idle of Ravenloft in my hands.  I was meant for more than this life of a simple Hunter.
         During my self isolation, I've contemplated my past, present and future.  I've come to terms with this rage that has been pent up inside me since I was a child.  This rage that I frequently lose control of.  I've begun a personal and private quest for power and immortality.  In this quest, I will not fail.  In my absence however, I have come to learn that many of those I once called an Allie are long dead.  Some however remain and I shall have to reforge those relationships.  As a source of income and information, I've begun working as the personal body guard for one of the Red Vardo Traders.  A man by the name of Dimitri.  I've known him since I was a child.  With his help, I may be able to infiltrate the Red Vardo for supplies and security.  This is where I will start the construction of my network.  No more will I be a mere Witch-Hunter.  I am the Wayward.  The imbued.  Chosen by the Heralds.  I am good.  I am evil.  I am Alexander Silvanus."
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 01:43:26 AM by Hades »

Hades

• The Tyrant of the Mist
  • Dark Lord
The Wayward
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2010, 05:41:59 PM »
"I've been in town for less than a week.  In this time I've been lit on fire by a rogue witch (whom I promptly killed), attacked by shadow assassins and already spent time in the Vallaki dungeons.  I've met the new general, traded words (and blood) with a new vampire coven leader and was hired to track and kill a new contract.  Business as usual, one might say.  It's good to be home."
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 06:25:22 PM by Hades »

Hades

• The Tyrant of the Mist
  • Dark Lord
The Next Chapter
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2010, 05:55:38 AM »
"Ive been working very closely with the Vardro, Dimitri.  He hired me on as his bodyguard a little while back.  So far it's been quite profitable.  Fora solid week we did a mining job.  Far beneath the silver mines, we worked night and day clearing out the hostile residents and mining that silver.  The payout was well worth the risk.  He and I then rescued a city guard from the clutches of Morticia and Olivia, two bloodsucking undead.  The favor the guard now owes us was worth the risk.  Another Vardo named Zachery has also been working with us.  He's a spellcaster through and through.  However for now, he's useful and has covered my back several times.  The three of us have since moved to Port-a-lucine with the opening of a Vardo branch.  Lately we have been making our fortunes collecting bounties.  Quite profitable with the three k us together.  I've had to improve on my people skills to increase profits here as well I cut my hair and shaved my neared.  I have to look more clean to live in this city.  My employer has payed me well enough to have my own room in the governors hotel while were here.  And so the next chapter begins"

~The Wayward
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 05:38:04 PM by Hades »

Hades

• The Tyrant of the Mist
  • Dark Lord
The Death Of A Witch
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2010, 04:39:15 AM »
"Living in Dementlieu has been bloody to say the least  I've spent every night prowling the streets, filling my bags with the heads of the criminals who dwell in the dark underbelly of the port.  Thanks to these nightly activities, I have come to know a small fortune.  Most of my work has been alone, as Dimitri has returned to Vallaki.  I've become the Wayward Stalker of Port-a-Lucine.  No crime has gone unpunished during my stay here.  On a few occasions, I partnered up with a small group of adventurers who were passing through the port.  The most note worthy was a woman by the name of Violet.  She is a Witch and rather skilled at her trade.  She isn't quite human, as I've noticed she has two very large "butterfly" wings spanning out of her back.  Her grammar is terrible and every time she spoke on our adventure, my skin crawled.  Toward the tail end of our work together, I had a minor disagreement with an elf that was working with us.  During said argument, Violet decided to verbally assault me.  She commented on a defeat I suffered almost two years ago at the hands of my old cell mate Frank.  On top of this she made several rude comments toward my nature and demeanor.  Is she that stupid?  She knows me to be a Witch-Hunter by profession.   Yet she - a witch - decided it would be a good idea to piss me off?  Foolish and suicidal.  I let the slight go and we parted ways.  Or so she thought.  Once she was out of my line of sight, I crept into the shadows and stalked her and the elf who remained with her.  The two of them relocated in a private area for conversation and relaxation.  As I had no intent on involving, or harming the elf - I hired a cohort of mine to draw the elf away.  Such was a success.  Once Violet was alone, I stepped out of the shadows.  My message was clear:  "A Witch should never willingly piss off or make herself the target of a renowned Witch Hunter."  With that statement, my swords appeared in my hands and I knocked her on her back.  She attempted to cast a spell to thwart my attack, but she could not keep her concentration.  In a matter of a few seconds, she lay quite dead and savagely so.  By the time the elf had returned, there was nothing but a pool of blood and a feather from her wings left.  While invisible, I relocated her body many leagues away and left it to be picked at by scavengers.  I almost forgot how good at this I was.  No witnesses, no mistakes.  Just one clean kill and one dead witch.  I believe its time I once again take up that torch.  So spellcasters of Dementlieu and Barovia beware.  If you step out of line - I will hunt you.  I will find you.  I will silence you.  No slight is too small, no crime is too insignificant.  If you make the mistake of putting a target on your back - I will be there when you turn around.   Make no mistake, I will not falter.  I will not fail.  I am the Wayward.  The Stalker of the Darkness.  I am the Witch Hunter.  And I will find you.  That is a promise."

~The Wayward
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 05:51:46 PM by Hades »

Hades

• The Tyrant of the Mist
  • Dark Lord
Running in Circles
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2010, 03:54:27 AM »
"Many months have past since I noticed any improvements in my skills and spells.  I feel like I'm running in circles.  I work tirelessly to improve myself, yet I've seen little reward in what seems like forever.  I'm still able to rise to most challenges, but I'm still not satisfied.  Perhaps I need to find a different approach.  A new tool.  Long have I held this broken, thirsty sword that I found in a campaign so long ago.  Perhaps it's time I track down the proper smith to reforge it.  Someone I can trust to keep quiet, yet someone I can silence should it be an issue..."

~The Wayward
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 01:46:31 PM by Hades »

Hades

• The Tyrant of the Mist
  • Dark Lord
Loose Ends
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2011, 11:09:50 PM »

"Much has happened in the recent months since my last entry. I've continued my work hunting down the arcane, but its taken a slightly different road.  I'm no longer hunting them to simply kill them.  No, now I am tracking them down to study them.  As per my arrangement with the Vallaki Guard, the ones I am finished with I will turn over to them.  They get their criminals behind bars and I keep my freedom.  It all started with simple experiments.  I was interested in finding a means of absorbing magical energy from one being into myself in an effort to increase my potential.  This proved impossible with the equipment at my disposal, so  I decided that if I am to pursue my experiments, I must vastly increase my dowry.  I would also need more capable hands to assist me in my work.  As such, I decided to hire some assistants to serve under me.  I began with two elves and a human.  Nain, Zultarik and Vaster.  The elves were aspiring necromancers who longed for proper instruction and instruct them I did.  The human was a warrior and wizard of nature.  The four of us worked very closely, capturing subjects and working on them.  Still it was not enough.  Their lust for power may even rival my own.  For many weeks we worked closely until the attention of the authorities began to find us.  In time we were discovered and two of my hands were taken from me.  Zultarik and Vaster.  Both are missing in action and presumed dead, leaving only Nain and I.  

This resulted in my need to hire more adequate help, but as luck would have it - I discovered a young sorceress who was new to the mists.  When I found her she was in very bad shape, having met the Old Night for the first time.  I gripped her tight and pulled her from perdition, thus gaining her trust and loyalty.  How pleased was I that Tatiyana shared the same arcane influences as Nain.  The two of them worked very closely under me.  In time they grew to become capable apprentice Necromancers.  Still this was not enough.  We needed more hands.  This led Tatiyana to draw yet a third Necromancer to my side.  A woman  by the name of Naomi.  She was young and inexperienced, but she had a good head on her shoulders.  Unfortunately with our growing numbers, so too did the scrutiny of the locals grow.  We decided it was time to move our work to Port-A-Lucine.  A place I've spent much of my time dwelling.  Our little family was very well off in Port and soon the Ouvrier would become our home.  Our base of operations.  Unfortunately there were many rivals to be battled for this new home.  Leading me once more to have to hire more hands.  This time, I would require a few sword arms.  This would lead us to the Caliban Squib.  He was mighty for his size and very loyal.  Alas, his time with us was brief.  Like Vaster and Zultarik, he was eventually taken from us and like his predecessors, his remains were never discovered, thus preventing any magical means of revival.

In his place, a young warrior by the name of Raven was hired.  This lad looked up to me as some sort of hero or idle.  It was very amusing to see one long to become as I am.  Not long after Raven came the martial artists.  Kane, Jespe and Jador.  All were capable hands and very useful.  With their joining, it was time we came out of the shadows.  We were a family.  A very close-knit organization under my strict command.  The Black Talons were born.  Long have I yearned for power that would rival even my patron, Lord Vecna.  With their help, I was certain I would have it.  One by one, our rivals in Port fell.  We grew to much power in a short time.  None were capable of matching us and the Ouvrier became under our control.  Yet there remained some who would try.  Assassins were sent after Tatiyana while she was running an errand for the Talons.  They captured her and then released her with a warning to us.  How futile their efforts proved.  We determined they were sent by the Smugglers dwelling on the other side of the Ouvrier.  Under the cover of darkness we infiltrated their home.  We quickly killed their guards and sentries, then planted our explosives.  Several crates of gunpowder compliments of the Gendarme would aid us in removing this would-be threat.  We planted the crates and Tatiyana left a delayed blast fireball.  We made our escape and soon after an explosion would rock the district.  The fire would consume the home of our enemies.  For a time, things were perfect.

We were in full swing, not even the Gendarme could really do anything to us.  I was careful enough to make sure fingers were always pointed elsewhere.  The dogs of law would put wanted posters up and in the same day take them all back down.  We had multiple operations under way that were yielding enough profit to sustain us.  In time we became of interest to a pair of holy knights, or so they claimed to be.  They did not understand how badly the odds were tipped against them.  Such was the cause of their demise.  In their wake however, they managed to show me just how inadequate my help truly was.  Mistakes were made too frequently by my lesser hands.  With the mistakes came the misfortunes.  Kane vanished, presumably killed by some lingering Assassins from the smuggler clan;  Jespe's fate was assumed to be the same;  Jador entered a tavern in the docks and never returned;  Raven was imprisoned for assaulting the academy and Nain was likewise caught I am told, but managed to escape before being taken into custody.  At least Tatiyana and Naomi has lasted without incident or failure.

Much indeed has changed.  Many of my external contacts and allies have gone with the wind.  Dimitri is too engulfed in the Vardo trade that he is rarely in contact.  Archerous has likely found a quiet corner of the Core to spend his days, Fax'to is missing, Marle Webber is dead, Xo hasn't been spotted since our evening of gambling in Vallaki, Nara'ia hasn't spoken to me in ages, Miss Grenwetch is dead, Wallace is likely dead, Zaka'rath has passed beyond the veil and even Squeak is missing. All that really remain are Devon Maze of the Rabble, Shinzo the Samurai and Vert the Archivist.  Many of my long time enemies are likewise gone.  All the change has given me a reason to stop and consider my operations.  To evaluate my next course of action.  I've gone underground for now, keeping contact primarily with Naomi and Tatiyana.  I've decided there must be a reform.  No more incompetent employees, for starters.  The competition is weak and as I stated, my list of enemies has reduced.  Its much easier now for me to blend into the crowd and do my work from the shadows.  The only real threat comes from Vallaki's Citadel.  If I am to keep my head down for optimum success, I must keep them off my back.  To do this, I've been hunting the occasional witch on the side.  They get their other criminals behind bars and I get to stay a free man.  Thats the arrangement.  So far, its working for me.  Next I will rebuild my Black Talons.  More carefully and with more scrutiny.  

Many of my former goals have been accomplished, giving me more time to focus my efforts on the progress of my family and eventually of my continued research.  I've finished the construction of the cursed blade.  With it in hand, I can remain youthful and healthy.  It needs only feed on the blood of my victims to sustain me.  With it in hand, I will carve my own piece of this world.  Such is my destiny.  To destroy those who stand in the way of my quest for immortality.  For power and control over Port-A-Lucine.  The road before me will be long and treacherous but with the proper do diligence and planning, I will succeed.  No matter the cost.  I've finally seen much progress in my own skills that will greatly assist this goal.  Now there is much I must do.  Operations must be restored and my work must resume.  I've found the appropriate base of operations.  I just need subjects and competent underlings."
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 02:35:18 PM by Hades »

Hades

• The Tyrant of the Mist
  • Dark Lord
Investment
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2011, 09:53:05 AM »

"I traveled to Vallaki discretely last evening.  If I am to find the appropriate resources for my family, I must try to find people who are not already known in Port-A-Lucine, so that I don't inherit whatever history they may have with the Gendarme.  While roaming the outskirts I noticed a man with a familiar look in his eye.  A look I myself frequently wield.  I decided to follow this man, so that I may learn more of him.  He was having a quiet conversation with a woman of little interest.  Listening to them, I learned his name was Ovidiu and that he was a Valraska.  Vistani blood.  He is an outcast in both the gypsy culture and the Barovian.  I was right about that look in his eye.  Its the look of a bitter man who hates the world for what it has made him.  A man who wants to carve his own place in this world no matter who gets in his way.  A man like me.  Such could be a great advantage in the future, however currently he is weak.  An easy target for predators.  Someone like this is useless to me.  After following him longer, I decided I would make the investment anyway.  I introduced myself to him when he was in private and informed him of my intentions.  

I then gifted him with some protective materials.  A suite of armor, a sword, a ring to conceal himself with and some sturdy boots.  Nothing I couldn't cut my losses about should he prove a failure, but enough at least to ensnare him in my web.  He accepted my gifts and the arrangement that came along with them.  He will study basic combat and survival skills until he is fit for me to call upon him.  When that day arrives, he will either hold true to our arrangement, or I will bring him down and strip his memories of all encounters with myself.  He may only be half vistani, but I wouldn't take the risk in setting the Count's ever seeing eye in my direction.  Not if I can help it at least.  In time we'll see how this turns out.  I've confidence he will be a great addition to the Family.

While I am doing all of this, Naomi and Tatiyana are continuing their work.  Both of them are everything I could want for in the family.  I would count Nain in this category too, as he was so useful and full of potential, but he has gone his own wayward path it seems.  More and more he reminds me of Unuldor.  This is something I must keep a careful eye on so as to prevent a repeat of history.  Naomi and Tatiyana however are more collected than Unuldor ever was.  They are careful, calculating, intelligent and growing more and more skilled in the dark arts every day.  The perfect disciples.  Its rare that I find cohorts that I can truly depend on.  Tatiyana surprises me the most.  It wasn't so long ago that she could barely perform the simplest magic, yet she's progressed so well.  Learned when and where to use her spells and she gifted this knowledge to Naomi.  They are a good pair and perfect for our line of work.  It is my hope that Ovidiu can live up to those expectations."
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 02:28:36 PM by Hades »

Hades

• The Tyrant of the Mist
  • Dark Lord
The Destroyer
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2011, 12:00:21 AM »
"I've been called many things in my lifetime.  I've been called hero, savior and friend.  I've been called villain, monster and enemy.  I've been called a Hunter.  A wayward.  I started off in this world trying to do good.  I started off trying to save the world from the wicked and vile.  To protection the virtuous and innocent from the horrors that dwell in shadow.  My efforts were ever met with a cold shoulder.  Still I tried to do the right thing.  Many times have I risked it all to protect the weak and downtrodden.  I wished only to protect life from those who would threaten it.  Yet I spent more time in prison than the people I hunted.  My perspective has dramatically changed.  For all the good I've done, I have still been branded an outcast.  Chased with pitch forks and torches by my own brethren.  By the very people I once swore to protect.  It comes as no surprise to me that I stepped into shadow.  The temptation was far to grand.  I've seen far to many faces come and go.  Survived things that few others would or could have.  I've seen the young grow to power and die, only to return as Vampyr.  I've seen many of my students grow to astounding heights.  Yet many of them forget.  I was there from the beginning.  Why then am I not respected by the people of these lands?  Why are my words and wisdom from all of my years of worldly experience so easily cast aside?  There are few adventurers who have survived as long as I have.  Yet, young mist dwellers barely a full season on the road pretending to be my superior?  Novice guard acting as if they hold higher status than I who was there from the start?  Too often am I met with bitter sarcasm and disrespect.  It makes me sick.  I've listened to a woman who has trouble even defending herself from a solitary lycan doubt my advice or words.  Claim that I am a fool and weak.  Weak?  I may be many things.  Weak is not one of them.  To survive the trials I have, weakness must be purged early on.  People do not understand how much I have done.  How many great and terrible deeds I've committed, but I will show them.  I will make them see.  If they refuse to respect me, then they shall fear me.  Truly, it is better to be feared anyway.  Not long ago a peasant ran in terror from me.  Her words echoed in my mind for many nights to follow.  "Alexander the Destroyer" she called me.  I must admit, the title pleases me.  Finally something that reflects my many accomplishments both for good and evil.  It is a title I will wear with pride.  A title many will come to learn.  I tire of listening to the young tell me of their experience.  I tire of the fools who question my words.  Hearing this new title has given me pause for thought.  Why should I not embrace it?  Why should I not simply take what I want when I want it?  Why should I not simply put down those who speak up against me?  There is no reason I can see not to do this.  And so I shall.  I've long since given up my quest to help people and save the world.  Any more, I would rather watch it burn.  I've expressed as much in my previous logs.  Even still, I reserved myself.  I sat and listened to my name become disgraced by those weaker and far less experienced than myself.  But I am no longer a lone wayward hunter.  I have a family.  I have people who depend on me to make their goals and hopes come true.  People who depend on me to give them power.  People who respect me.  It is for them that I must make all others fear me.  It is for them that I must let my title echo through the forests and city streets.  From now on I will not simply sit back and watch others harm my name or the names of my family.  Those who speak up against me will be cast down violently.  Yes, I will embrace the rage.  I will embrace the title of destroyer.  I will grip tight my enemies and those who disrespect me with my blackened talons.  I will drain their very life from their bodies.  I will become the monster that so many have claimed me to be.  I see no reason why not.  In my wake will be a trail of corpses.  All who look on me will fear me and despair or they will perish..."

The Words of the Destroyer.

Hades

• The Tyrant of the Mist
  • Dark Lord
The Book That Would Close. The Trial of the Century.
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2011, 03:41:47 AM »

He counted the hours, locked away in his cold dark cell.  Across from him he could see the naked shadowy form of his dear companion, Naomi.  It had been a long road that led him here.  In the end, it boiled down to betrayal at the hands of his former student.  He sat now, accused of many crimes.  None of them performed by his own hands, yet the weight of the deeds still rested heavily on his shoulders.  His trial would soon come.  The outcome, he could easily predict.  In the end, all he wished was that he had his journal and a writing utensil so that he could record what would likely be his final memoirs.  A pending execution by the authorities was to be his fate, though it would not be the first time.  Several times before, he sat in the same situation.  The country had changed, but the circumstances had not.  Alexander was his name.  He began his tale as a dark hero.  A hunter of the occult and a rescuer of those in need.  The years were cruel to him however and in time his perspective would change.  Where he would once see light, now he could only see a thick perilous blackness.  He was a complicated and violent man ever haunted by his past.  In an attempt to create something, he would build a Family of darkened tortured souls.  Surrounded by murderers and manipulators of the dead he would be called their leader.  Their father.  A Shepard of black sheep who longed to belong to a flock.  Their home?  The slums of Port-A-Lucine.

The streets of their home were riddled with death and chaos.  The nights were dominated by violent offenders of the law and it would be these people who would impede this Family's beginning.  They would come at Alexander and his flock in numbers and always Alex would be there to stave off the masses.  His blades were as dark as his own soul, but in them he had the desire and the means to defend the few souls he cared for.  Every night the assassins would come for them and every night he would allow his blood thirsty blade to absorb their very essence.  With each kill, his spirit would grow stronger and his soul would grow darker.  He was consumed by this lust for blood.   The more he killed, the stronger he would grow.  This caused him to lose focus of his goals.  He would instead focus on letting his enemies know who it was they were dealing with.  Instead of waiting for them to come to him, he would find them.  He would end them.  This continued for many months of violence and blood shed.  His followers would watch his metamorphosis into a beast.  They would see the anger grow to a boiling point.  They would accept this and both love and fear him for it.  There was one however, who would rebuke it.  He was but a child, who's spirit was not strong enough to withstand the darkness surrounding him.  His name?  Raven Hoobstweedle.

Raven was a good child.  He followed Alexander like a lost puppy for a long time.  The more he followed, the more he learned.  In time, he would be overwhelmed by what he had seen.  He would see horrors that no child should witness.  He would come to depend on Alexander.  Then, like his dark master, he would reach a boiling point.  Something inside him would snap and it would create a blood lust within him.  He would act on these urges in the only way he knew.  With violence.  He would find the easiest target where he could satisfy the dark passenger.  This target?  The students of the academy.  Perhaps it was because they had something he did not.  They had a life.  A meaningful existence that did not involve murder and violence.  An existence without the likes of the Destroyer.  In an effort to please his master, he would slaughter them like cattle.  He made a fatal error however.  He was caught.  In his time of incarceration he would find no salvation.  His hero never came to rescue him.  He was abandoned.  His anger and betrayal would cause him to talk.  He told his captures everything about his family.  Their deeds and their misdeeds.  He would explain to them that he was forced to perform these atrocities by his master, Alexander.  Perhaps he was right.  Or perhaps he was consumed by hatred and abandonment.  Perhaps it was really the dark passenger he was trying to satisfy.  Regardless, he would follow in his masters footsteps one last time.  He would betray the family.

Unaware of this, Alexander continued his daily activities.  He had hired a new employee and using her they would attend a masquerade ball.  They would arrive with bags of Opium and begin selling them to those in attendance at the ball.  This would have proven a mistake however.  One of the guests in attendance was an inspector of the Port-A-Lucine guard.  He had recognized Alexander as the man Raven described.  Carefully, he approached this dangerous crime boss and make his arrest.  Overconfidence would be the Destroyer's enemy on this evening.  He knew he was not guilty of the accusations, so instead of simply killing the inspector and leaving, he cooperated.  He allowed himself to be taken for questioning.  This would be is undoing.  They took him to the Gendarmerie and locked him away.  On his person they found the opium and a dagger.  He should have simply utilized his capacity for the dark arts to blast his way out of the jail, but he did not.  Convinced he was innocent of these accusations, he would wait.  They left him there, in his cell for what seemed like an eternity.  He knew he could escape at any time, but doing so would result in being chased and hounded by the dogs of the law, so he waited.

He counted the hours in his cell.  Across from him was his dear friend Naomi.  She had been captured attempting a rescue of her friend and employer.  In her attempt, she took the lives of several soldiers and civilians.  Alexander was proud of her for taking such a risk and yet he was furious with her because she had only proven the accusations against him.  They both knew what was to follow.  There would be a trial.  It would be the trial of the Century in the land of Dementlieu.  Over the years Alexander had made many enemies.  They could not hope to match him on the field of battle, so instead they would have their chance for vengeance in the court room.  The event would be a very large one.  Many would be in attendance hoping to see him finally face justice for his lifetime of sins.

They called his name.  The time was now upon him.  As the guards made way to his cell, Alexander considered his options one last time.  Sure, he could easily kill the small host of guards that were coming and blast his way out.  Doing so however, would mean a life time of looking over his shoulder waiting for the dagger that would end him.  No, he decided.  This time he would face trial as a man.  He would defend himself in a civilized manner.  The guards arrived and forced him from his clothing and into an indecent garb better fit for a slave.  Their tone was a clear indication to him that he was already found guilty before the trial had even began.  None the less, he would face his accusers.  They traveled by carriage to the court house.  There, Alexander would find a full room.  Many people had gathered to witness this spectacle.  To his dismay, waiting for him was his lover, Tatiyana.  She had been arrested the moment she arrived and now she would face the same charges that Alexander and Naomi were to face.  Among those gathered, Alex made note that about half of them were allies and the other half would see him hanged.  It was going to be a long day, of this he could be certain.  After some time waiting in the holding cell, he was finally introduced to his lawyer.  An elderly man by the name of Ralph Laforoge.  Much to his dismay, he quickly learned that his defense council was very senile and horribly unfit to defend him.  The courts wanted it this way.  It was going to take some serious work if Alexander was going to walk away from this.  Even more if Tatiyana and Naomi would likewise.  The judge entered and the call to rise was given.  The trial had begun.

Right away, the prosecution began calling their witnesses.  The first of them would be Alexander's student, Raven.  The corrupted youth who had put Alexander in this position would now speak the words that would seal his fate.  Closing his eyes, Alexander imagined himself slowly peeling Raven's flesh from his body inch by inch and forcing the boy to consume it.  His visage however, had to remain calm and collected, lets his emotions betray his plea for innocence.  An outcry from Raven's father would halt the trial.  Zephyre Hoobstweedle would express that Raven was young and easily manipulated by the Destroyer.  There was truth to his words, however it was known to the Family that Raven chose his own path.  Alexander had not forced him to do anything that Raven did not so willingly and happily volunteer for.  Yet Zephyre's cries against Alexander would surely tighten the noose around his throat.  Raven made his statement, expressing that his murdering of the students of the Academy was the will of the Destroyer.  That he was ordered to do so under penalty of death.  Truth or not, the judge and jury was evidently sympathetic to the young lads statement.  If Alexander survived this, surely Raven would be made to suffer.

The trial continued as it would.  With each exchange between the prosecution and the defense, Alexander understood how deeply this trial was stacked against him.  So many charges he was faced with.  None of which was he actually guilty of.  He firmly believed this.  With each statement of his attorney, Alexander realized how poor his defense was of making the case.  The prosecution would call Absalom Nightlyre to the stand.  This hin was known to Alexander yet the man could not figure what he had done to offend the hin so badly that he would push to hard for execution.  The hin would say all the right things to have Alexander convicted.  He would lie with all of his tiny heart to make sure Alexander would suffer.  The defense would push in the favor that Absalom lied for a living as an actor of the theatre.  Yet the court would not hear this plea.  Their objections would ever be denied.  Even the Archiver's words were lost to the courtroom.  Magnus Verturious would approach the stand and speak to the "good nature" of Alexander.  He would speak to the nature of Necromancy and he would speak to Alexanders innocence.  He would even speak about Alexander having saved his life in the past.  Still, his words seemingly fell on def ears.  He would step down from the chair and return to his seat and nothing would be different.  His words would be twisted and his credibility questioned.  In spite of the fact that he was the most knowing magician in attendance, he would have no positive effect on the outcome.  Try as he may.

The hours dragged on and the trial continued.  Many interruptions would halt the trial, including one such occurance that properly illustrated to Alexander the true nature of the trial.  A man would appear named Black Pieter.  He spoke of witnessing Alexander burning down his den and warehouse.  In spite of the fact that this man was a known fugitive and in spite of the fact that his den was the home of the largest criminal network in Port-A-Lucine - his words would be heard on the record.  It was clear as crystal that the locals were terrified of this man.  The judge, who had prior been so clear spoken and so in charge would stutter and stammer with his words.  Sweat would bead from his head.  Even Alexanders own Lawyer was terrified.  He refused to contest this man.  It was up to Alexander to rise from his chair and make it known he would not be frightened by this man.  He would motion for a miss trial and he would accuse the court of catering to a known felon.  He would challenge this man and he would not back down.  The crowd would clap and they would cheer.  Some would cheer for Pieter.  Others for Alexander.  It was chaos incarnate within that court room until Pieter and his escort of thugs would leave.  Alexander understood then and there what was truly happening.  Pieter represented the Destroyer's competition.  He represented the dead whom the Family had pushed from their position of power in the Ouvrier.  It was they who controlled this trial.  It was fear for Pieter and his company that would send Silvanus to the gallows.  No manner of defense would change the fact that the Judge and Jury were under Pieter's thumb.  They would deliberate in which ever manner he saw fit.  This was going to prove to be a great deal of trouble.

It was now Alexander's turn to take the stand.  He would defend his name in every way he could.  He would discredit Raven and he would discredit Absalom.  He would discredit Pieter and he would say everything possible to clear his name of all charges.  Unfortunately, this would not be enough as things would take a turn for the worse.  Evidence found on Naomi's person would be present.  A staff of necromancy and a skull.  They were irrefutable proof that at least she was guilty of Necromancy.  A decision had to be made and so one was.  Naomi must be sacrificed so that Alexander and Tatiyana could hopefully be cleared.  She knew this.  She accepted this.  A sacrifice there would be.  She would plead guilty to six counts of murder and the use of Necromantic Magic.  She would be sentenced to death by beheading.  She would claim to have acted alone.  This would not help the case, much to the dismay of the defense.

At long last, the trial would be concluded.  The judge returned to his quarters for deliberation.  There was dead silence in the court room while all awaited the announcement of verdict.  After several minutes that would feel as an eternity, the judge finally returned to the assembly.  He would announce that Naomi was guilty of all charges presented.  Death was her sentence.  Next, he would announce that Tatiyana was guilty of all charges presented.  She would be sentenced to five years in maximum security prison and then exile from Port-A-Lucine.  Raven would follow.  His sentence the same as Tatiyana's.  Guilty of all charges.  Then finally would come Alexanders sentencing.  Of all charges presented, Alexander was found guilty.  His sentence would be death by beheading, the same as Naomi.  The court room erupted into chaos following the verdict.  Some would cry out in protest while other cheered.  There was chaos and then there was violence.  Beautiful and terrible violence.

Alexander would scream with fury!  Shouting that there was no evidence against him.  Shouting that the trial was set up from the beginning.  His fury would manifest in the form of the very element he was born of.  Pure and terrible fire.  He focused his fury on the judge.  He roared with defiance and took aim.  A ball of hellfire would move past the court room.  It would explode in the face of the man who condemned him to death.  There was chaos!  The fire engulfed the judge, burning him terribly.  Then the courtroom was a scene of primal carnage as many of the people in attendance rose up and tried to stop Alexander.  Magic flew and swords clashed.

The guards were quick to respond and Alexander was held fast in place by floor shackles.  He attempted as many spells as he could until in an instant he was stricken by a flash of electricity and blasted by magic.  His shackles broke and he jumped out of the soldiers' reach, attempting to get to safety.  Around him he could see the riot that had ensued.  Amidst the rioting, he could see the doorway, closed tight.  His only hope for escaping was to blast it with fire, however he had already used that power.  Still, he pushed for the doorway.  He had nearly reached it when he was stricken once more by magic.  His world went dark.

When he came to, he was outside.  A crowed was gathered behind the barricade and before him was the guillotine.  Alexander was shackled to a post and from there he could see nearly everyone in attendance clearly.  He could see friend and foe alike.  There were even many political protesters cheering the Destroyer on for burning the corrupt Judge.  To his right was Tatiyana, being held fast by a guard so that she might watch the death of her family.  She was in tears, begging them not to go through with it.  Naomi knelt bound with her head in the stock and the captain of the guard stood beside her, ready to lower the blade.  An announcement was made, repeating the verdict to the crowd.  Alexander barely had his senses about him when he saw the blade drop.  His expression twisted to one of horror as he watched Naomi's head roll to the floor.  In a last fit of defiance, the Destroyer leaned forward enough to latch on to the ear of the Investigator who had played a critical role in his coming demise.  He latched on with what remaining strength he had and ripped the man's ear from his head.  They beat him and pulled him from his shackles and moved him over to the guillotine.  With a final look to Tatiyana, he closed his eyes and uttered a final curse.  Then the blade dropped and for a fleeting second, he was looking at his own wretched body from the ground.  He saw blood and then The Destroyer would know only darkness...

"Though I walk the the valley of the shadow of death, I shall not find my end.  I shall never rest, for I am eternal and in my return you shall know death.  You shall know famine.  You shall know pestilence.  You shall know plague.  Though my body may die, my legacy will live on and it shall never be forgotten."   ~Alexander Silvanus

« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 12:17:51 PM by Hades »