Author Topic: Terror in the Night  (Read 1227 times)

Little Lotte

• Dark Power
Terror in the Night
« on: March 05, 2009, 12:53:37 AM »
The sun had just gone down on the ladies rest and Hallys bright blue eyes darted back and forth at the shadows in her room. Never before had she been this terrified, this petrified of the night. Her skin crawled with sound made in the inn. Her golden hair resting on her shoulders with a slight curl at the ends had long since been let down for bed, and her make-up removed but sleep would not come to her. For two nights now sleep would not come.

It had started with Tom. She knew it was him, she knew the feeling he instilled in her. Pure fear. The mist that flowed around her ankles, creeping up her thighs, it reeked of him. Then his silent promise "We will come for you, soon." Just the thought of him made the hairs at the back of her neck stand up erect, a shudder running through her body. She had felt him there, in the Outskirts, in plain view of everyone. She almost followed it, the feeling, she could feel his need. If it weren't for Aran she would have kept walking into the woods.

Aran. She had once tried to turn him into Tom. It is what he wanted, but he was far too strong for that, far too righteous.

She then felt him again in the sewers of Vallaki. He seemed to be stalking her at every turn now. Always saying the same thing. "We will come for you, soon."

Marrok had stood and protected her when he finally showed his face a few nights later in the Outskirts, demanding he stand and fight him as a real man would. But Tom wouldnt, it was not his style. He continued to toy with them throughout the night and into the early dawn when he finally fled to his resting place. Marrok. He was a good friend, he seemed to genuinely care for Hally.

Finally the straw that broke the camels back came the next night when she asked Richard to accompany her to an undead lair. They had been in only a few moments, but a few moments long enough to have earned the attention of the master of the crypt. He used his mind control tricks on Richard, making him attack Hally without warning. Once he had had his fun he bid him to stay while he sauntered over to Hally, sniffing her. "I can see why the spawn likes you." He said to her touching her golden hair. A shiver ran through her as he toyed with her mind and emotions.

He liked her, that much was obvious. He paid quite close attention to her as she tried to talk her way out of this predicament. It was then that a woman entered the crypt. The vampire backed away from Hally, calling his minions to come to his aid. Hally, Richard and the woman fought for their lives as the children of the night closed in. Before Hally could get a spell off, one of the vampires slid home his sword directly into her stomach, and she feel. Richard grabbed for her frantically trying to make for the secret door to the crypt. Once out of the darkness the woman breathed life back into Hally, who was now changed.

She hadnt left the inn in two days. She couldnt keep her hands from shaking violently, and her face held a continuous pale hue about it. The terror of the night had finally gotten to her, and now she was locked in her room, never taking her eyes from the door. Never sleeping.

Little Lotte

• Dark Power
Re: Terror in the Night
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 06:18:01 PM »
She left the church in the slums in the middle of the night, her conversation with Soren still fresh in her mind. She strode quickly through the dark back to the ladies rest, not speaking to anyone as she walked in. She purposefully walked right up to her room opening and closing the door softly looking at her already packed bag. She looked around the sparse room, biting her lower lip as what she intended to do finally hit her.

She looked to the window where the sun was rising slowly over the mountains. Flipping her hood up she grabbed her bag and left her room, walking down the stairs to the main room. No one was in there, probably already out trying to earn their living. All the better that she didnt have to see anyone before her departure.

Upon leaving the inn she headed west, not knowing what was over the Baratak Mountains, but she intended to find out.

// Giving Hally an IG break for a bit. Thanks to everyone for the RP with her. Awesome as always.

Little Lotte

• Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2009, 01:45:38 PM »
She awoke feeling refreshed, as she stretched her legs on the long couch she had fallen asleep on. She blinked a few times taking in her surroundings trying to place where she was, finally it registerred...the penthouse. Oh yes, her and Sage had fallen asleep here after an  incredibly awkward and random day full of opium and fountains. Her deep blue eyes flickered over to where Sage was still fast asleep, her head hanging to the side, her breathing deep and even. Stretching her legs, Hally pushed herself up into sitting position trying to be as quiet as possible, though as it were it looked like a stampede of wild oxen could come through the room and not wake Sage. She ran a hand through her hair, smoothing down the obvious bed head plaguing her golden tresses. She leaned back comfortable on the couch looking into the fire as it flickered, casting shadows on all the walls. She was wondering how the fire had stayed lit all night when a peice of cloth came across her face instantly taking her vision from her, she didnt even have time to scream before the smooth blade slid across her throat, draining the life from her.

Little Lotte

• Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 04:54:34 PM »
The sun was just creeping over the Baratak Mountains when I let out a blood curdling scream. This was it, my end. After all the months I had spent in Barovia, this would be my ultimate end. My skin would become dry as the dryest desert then crack and burst into flame, my screams would be the last thing anyone heard as the wind carried the sound along with my ashes around the nearby Vistani camp. But the pain never came, and eventually I stopped screaming in horror, and just lay innert on the damp grass watching the sun climb higher and higher into the sky. My mind was reeling, trying to make sense of everything. Last night, I had rested in my coffin, my eternal bed, said my goodnights to my family and locked the door. And now, here I am, laying int he rising sun. I placed a gloved hand on my chest, letting it rest over the beating of my heart. My heart was beating, my lungs were taking in breath...I was alive. Tears welled in my eyes as I continued lying in the grass, I was alive.