Author Topic: Sable Hart - The Compassion Within  (Read 14723 times)

Kilaana

• Undead Slayer
Re: Sable Hart - The Compassion Within
« Reply #75 on: September 20, 2009, 07:05:08 PM »
Month 18, Day 8, Hour 12

The decision, made in less than a heartbeat, yet its meaning and its consequences, would stretch for eternity.

Under the Sacred Window of much beloved Ste. Mere des Larmes, with the Wardens and Templars as our witnesses, we took our vows; to love and protect each other, and much more. Where we are going, I cannot say for certain, but it is my hope that someday we may return safely to rejoin the Faithful. There is so much to be done; I, who have just only entered its threshold as Acolyte, and Vasten, who intends to renew his oaths as a Templar. But should the Mists grant us not passage back to our friends and family in Vallaki after we have accomplished what we set out to do, then this is our goodbye.

Two parts of a whole.

In you, I met my match, and something more. I have said it before, I say it again....I would die for you, Vasten.

I love you.

I have no time to grieve, no words enough to express my sorrow at parting, this family which I found in the most unlikely of places and circumstances. Yet if this is Ezra's call Vasten and I cannot turn away from. Everyone struggles desperately to remain strong in light of recent events; I fear how the Church will turn on its heels. But more than that, deep down what I fear most, is for those I hold dear to my heart - the Wardens, the Templars, the laymen, my friends and those who need Ezra's shelter but do not know the way yet....I should stay to watch over them, as Ezra watches over us.

But the Mists come...

We must go.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 08:38:59 PM by Kilaana »
Sig by Blacky Rose

"She is dangerous; What will you do? ....I will make her my queen."

Kilaana

• Undead Slayer
Re: Sable Hart - The Compassion Within
« Reply #76 on: February 20, 2010, 03:47:17 PM »
Month Unknown, Day Unknown, Hour Unknown

A faint whisper, a voice in the night, under the dark glare of Barovian sunlight. These words drift upon the cold winds as a feather floats upon water; yet they resonate, screaming terribly and silently in the halls of the sacred Ezrite churches like a freed banshee spirit. To the more observant mind, the candleflames seem to flicker and glow a little brighter, and wax drip-drips upon the polished stone floors like a slow moving stream of thick, sedated tears suspended in time...

What is real and what is not?

Are these half-lies or half-truths that the Lady of the Mists reveals to each of us?

Is Her benevolence merely a mask for sinister machinations of Her divine madness, or have we, earthly souls in this cursed land, made Her righteous works a political playground for our own twisted purposes?

Why has a doctrine of goodness, light and love caused such death, such strife, such wanton agony?

When one man's sin is another man's miracle. When one man's right is another man's wrong.

...Why, Ezra?

Why?

The voice grows shrill, angry, panicked, maddened. And just as quickly, gentle again, confused, innocent in its purity.

...Who, are you?

« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 04:15:42 PM by Kilaana »
Sig by Blacky Rose

"She is dangerous; What will you do? ....I will make her my queen."