You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: What is acceptable to do to players ?  (Read 14058 times)

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
Re: What is acceptable to do to players ?
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2009, 07:48:00 AM »
  I'm aware powers checks aren't handled constantly.  The problem is they're not handled consistently either.  Some players get DP checks for everything they do, some people are free to commit whatever crimes they want consequence free.  Consistency in rulings is essential in a persistant world, and we're not getting enough of it.

Powers Checks aren't rulings though and are not something consistant and shouldn't be. The numbers given in the tables are solely suggestive and it's at the DM's discretion to roll one or not for an action, there is nothing binding about them.

Nefensis

• MIA
  • Dark Power
  • Gaming wench )0(
« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2009, 08:29:58 AM »
Then you get players who go and do evil things just so they get high in dark powers

Oh hai EO! <3  :P

Stela Cojocaru - barovian snake
Crina Ovidiu - barovian guard

Ric

• <Insert pwnage innuendo>
  • Dark Power
  • The writer that keeps going ... And going ...
« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2009, 10:29:46 AM »
I believe DP checks have been more on the slow-down for the fact that if it's too hard-core to the book, players would be getting them almost constantly, and DMs wouldn't be able to put any well-thought-out curses like they have been lately, nor would they be able to monitor everything.  Back when the DPs were getting released, everyone around me who talked about them mentioned they were already in the 3-4 stages.  At this time, it seems like there's more people in the 1-2 stages than the higher ones.  Then again, I'm not a DM so I don't know the actual statistics.

But that's enough of me going off-topic, is there really anything else to bring up on this discussion that wasn't already repeated several times?

DM Macabre

• Dungeon Master
  • Dark Power
« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2009, 11:41:35 AM »
But that's enough of me going off-topic, is there really anything else to bring up on this discussion that wasn't already repeated several times?
Indeed.

Different points have been brought up several times. In general if anything disrupts your experience (dm-side or player-side) don't hesitate to call for a stop! Here is the link to our server rules again - best keep special attention to section 5: http://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/index.php?topic=2863.0

Closing this thread until a moderator wants to open it again.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 11:45:04 AM by DM Macabre »