Author Topic: Systems Wishlist  (Read 286872 times)

peluscious

• Undead Master
  • The incredible off-topic man!
Re: Systems Wishlist
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2009, 02:57:11 AM »
Some kind of locker service. Maybe the bank could provide that.
I carry some stuff that i can't get rid of, and that i don't need all the time.
Looks hard to do tough...

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2009, 07:53:09 AM »
I believe it was said we weren't going to have permanent forms of storage.

k_moustakas

• Dark Power
  • Shadow calls... shadow whispers...
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2009, 08:44:41 AM »
Can we add the option to pray for spells in the rest menu for blackguards?
Has been described as a sometimey player

Purist

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2009, 03:26:13 PM »
What about Maps?
At least maps from settlements like Vallaki and the outskirts, in my head I know where I'm going because I'm familiarized with the area already, but I'd like to have my map explored all the time, since I already went there. Everytime the server resets, my map does so, I dislike this.

Can we have maps from Vallaki and the outskirts?
Like the maps we buy in NWN main campaign, a item in our inventory. Even knowing the city well, sometimes I mistake where the ratter is, like southeast/southwest of slums, I'd like to have my maps always explored in Vallaki...

Anarcoplayba

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2009, 06:15:29 PM »
What about Maps?
At least maps from settlements like Vallaki and the outskirts, in my head I know where I'm going because I'm familiarized with the area already, but I'd like to have my map explored all the time, since I already went there. Everytime the server resets, my map does so, I dislike this.

Like the maps we buy in NWN main campaign, a item in our inventory. Even knowing the city well, sometimes I mistake where the ratter is, like southeast/southwest of slums, I'd like to have my maps always explored in Vallaki...

I REALLY second that! Ad id we could keep our points of interest, would be WONDERFUL!

Ya know... I was almost printing the maps to make my notes in hard copy.
Noignar Huillen: Ilmater Cleric.
Hedien Gine: Arrow and Bow Artist.
Dolin Schneim: Dwarven Soldier

DM Nocturne

• Sanguis Noctis
  • Dark Power
  • Vampires don't do dishes
« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2009, 08:49:33 PM »
What about Maps?

I agree that would also be useful.

Basically this works by running a line of code in the OnEnter script for those the areas concerned - checking if player inventory contains the specific item tag (a map item in this case), if true then RevealMap, if false then do nothing.

Badbelly

• Undead Slayer
  • RP imposter
« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2009, 03:30:11 PM »

I would like to have Oxen added to the game that players could buy/rent/hirer. I used them on another server, and think they add a lot to the game.

boompowclash

« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2009, 03:36:01 AM »
Can the Blackguards version of Create Undead be given the hak-update to be targettable?

tzaeru

« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2009, 01:58:56 PM »
*Points his finger at @familiar "Speak for your familiar" and @summon "Speak for your summon"* ^_^
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 03:35:47 PM by tzaeru »

Purist

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2009, 05:11:54 PM »
I insist in MAPS :D

peluscious

• Undead Master
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2009, 12:25:02 AM »
Neatly working chairs
They work, but they are a pain

Nightmare

• Squatbold
  • Dark Lord
  • Reality Unhinged
« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2009, 01:15:24 PM »
I had a suggestion set for the spell Greater Sanctuary, due to the complaints usually tossed around because of it. I myself had not too long ago come into the ability to cast the spell, and agree that it is grossly overpowered and rather setting-breaking being able to simply whisk yourself into the Near Ethereal with no consequences as to whatever actions you were currently undertaking. (though a DM might be able to work otherwise)

In the Ravenloft setting, using greater santuary projected you into the near ethereal, where all manner of horrific ghosts and ghoulies could be found, and often would, -find you-.

I just had a thought that perhaps a script could be implemented to check for casting of greater sanctuary, and any subsequent spells cast under the influence of (heck, maybe even any actions taken, walking, opening doors, etc.) to add a cumulative 1% (random number, but it should stay at least fairly low, as it is cumulative) chance to draw the attention of the beings residing in the Near Ethereal to rend and tear at the people behind the Greater Sanctuary for a moderate, though not too threatening, amount of damage/round. To make it a little more balancing, also, perhaps a yellow-text description that warns of the creatures on the edge of your vision, giving you a chance to break the spell by attacking something before you get mauled.

Not sure how feasible t his would be, but its a suggestion I thought up while drooling in line for the Bursar's office!
"Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal..." - H.P. Lovecraft

Telkar

• Dark Power
« Reply #62 on: May 11, 2009, 01:22:01 PM »
I'd like to see some more options concerning clearing away spell effects in the rest options. When traveling with companions that you buff, it can be tiring not being able to clear away the effects you put on them, resulting in them having to rest, or having to wait till they can rest for it to wear off. The additional options I'd like to see are:

Mainly:
-Clear away all self contained spell effects, also those one has put on others.

More ideas:
-Clear away invisibility/sanctuary spells only. (on self / on others)
-Clear away all visual spell effects(including invisibility/sanctuary). (on self / on others)

k_moustakas

• Dark Power
  • Shadow calls... shadow whispers...
« Reply #63 on: May 11, 2009, 02:58:04 PM »
Easy one:

Could we change the lighting on the OOC entry room so that every after reset your black metal armor doesn't turn blue?
The best place I've logged in and got proper colour is in the sewers. It's almost black.

P.S. Greater Sanctuary is so awfully broken it's silly. Polymoprhing or shapechanging while sanctuaried makes everything go monkey. Any and all work done towards fixing it is greatly appreciated.
Has been described as a sometimey player

Eledaar

• Undead Master
  • Who?
« Reply #64 on: May 11, 2009, 03:14:18 PM »
I had a suggestion set for the spell Greater Sanctuary, due to the complaints usually tossed around because of it. I myself had not too long ago come into the ability to cast the spell, and agree that it is grossly overpowered and rather setting-breaking being able to simply whisk yourself into the Near Ethereal with no consequences as to whatever actions you were currently undertaking. (though a DM might be able to work otherwise)

In the Ravenloft setting, using greater santuary projected you into the near ethereal, where all manner of horrific ghosts and ghoulies could be found, and often would, -find you-.

I just had a thought that perhaps a script could be implemented to check for casting of greater sanctuary, and any subsequent spells cast under the influence of (heck, maybe even any actions taken, walking, opening doors, etc.) to add a cumulative 1% (random number, but it should stay at least fairly low, as it is cumulative) chance to draw the attention of the beings residing in the Near Ethereal to rend and tear at the people behind the Greater Sanctuary for a moderate, though not too threatening, amount of damage/round. To make it a little more balancing, also, perhaps a yellow-text description that warns of the creatures on the edge of your vision, giving you a chance to break the spell by attacking something before you get mauled.

Not sure how feasible t his would be, but its a suggestion I thought up while drooling in line for the Bursar's office!

This sounds pretty awesome - so long as it was not instant and gave you a breather for a round or two.  I think it would solve most issues of abuse of the spell!
Also, if this were implemented, I'd like to see the damage per round be made positive or negative to circumvent damage resistance, and a saving throw implemented to simulate actual combat with the ghosties!  It would be impossible to spawn actual creatures since this would just break you out of sanctuary, and would also be a pain to script, and is generally a bad idea.

But I really like the idea of there being damage per round!
-Ashan Nottiams, Mad Bastard
-Cosmin Slabu, Garda
-Grom, Rat-Eating Scumbag

peluscious

• Undead Master
« Reply #65 on: May 11, 2009, 03:15:26 PM »
And just an idea about the guards at the docks
Instead of changing the scripts, maybe you could remove the seagulls and dragonflies from there

Wids

• We don't need no stinkin' avatars!
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #66 on: May 11, 2009, 07:24:37 PM »
Neatly working chairs
I think a lot of the chair problem is that some of the chairs are placed too closely to their tables, or to other chairs, or to bars, or to other obstacles.  Your character can't squeeze in front of the chair to sit, so he/she ends up running back and forth behind the chair and looking rather silly before finally giving up.  Simply scootching some of the chairs back a few hairs would help.

If the devs do intend to fix this issue, perhaps the players could start collecting and posting screenshots depicting the worst offenders.  We'll get our chairs fixed yet!  :)

You should go to the Bursar's office more often if it helps you concoct superb ideas like this.  I like this idea too.  It fits Ravenloft very well and it helps balance Greater Sanctuary.

I gave you my money, Soren.  Make it happen!  :cheer:

Easy one:

Could we change the lighting on the OOC entry room so that every after reset your black metal armor doesn't turn blue?
The best place I've logged in and got proper colour is in the sewers. It's almost black.
Are you talking about that glitch where parts of your outfit (or all of it) are recolored with that annoying metallic blue color?  Just take the armor or clothing off and put it back on again.  Or Craft, Armor, pick the afflicted part, Next, Abort.  Stripping and getting dressed again is easier, though.

And just an idea about the guards at the docks
Instead of changing the scripts, maybe you could remove the seagulls and dragonflies from there
But the critters give the place flavor.  I'd hate to see them go over a few guard horn blasts.  :|
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 07:30:29 PM by Wids »

peluscious

• Undead Master
« Reply #67 on: May 12, 2009, 12:31:45 AM »
Neatly working chairs
I think a lot of the chair problem is that some of the chairs are placed too closely to their tables, or to other chairs, or to bars, or to other obstacles.  Your character can't squeeze in front of the chair to sit, so he/she ends up running back and forth behind the chair and looking rather silly before finally giving up.  Simply scootching some of the chairs back a few hairs would help.

If the devs do intend to fix this issue, perhaps the players could start collecting and posting screenshots depicting the worst offenders.  We'll get our chairs fixed yet!  icon_smile

I think that for some chairs that is the problem, or at least that it adds to the problem.

peluscious

• Undead Master
« Reply #68 on: May 12, 2009, 12:33:59 AM »
And another thing
I don't even know if it is possible
But it would be nice if we could change the name of the characters easily. For people who disguises themselves, it can avoid metagame.
And it is good to avoid people recognizing disguised characters just because they didn't notice that the character was disguised.
But then again, that's the kind of thing that isn't priority.

Greater sanctuary looks more urgent, and the ideas are nice.
I liked both.

Truth

• Dark Lord
    • Myspace!
« Reply #69 on: May 15, 2009, 04:34:25 PM »
I would love to see new scripts written for NPC's and have the react to you based on your faction
THE NATION THAT MAKES A GREAT DISTINCTION BETWEEN ITS SCHOLARS AND ITS WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS. -THUCYDIDES

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
« Reply #70 on: May 15, 2009, 04:47:21 PM »
I would love to see new scripts written for NPC's and have the react to you based on your faction

There are already, its a matter of re-doing the convos to have them fit, many of our conversations were made in early implementation of the module. They might be updated in the future, we'll see how things go.

Unknown

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #71 on: May 16, 2009, 08:54:57 AM »
How about some mounted guard npc patrols eh?  :D just thought that could be a cool little teak to the enviroment is all.

Mrjunkie

• Dark Lord
« Reply #72 on: May 16, 2009, 12:35:47 PM »
Yeah, that and or guard dogs, have a few npc's with them or a npc dog that pc patrolls can take out with them, that can just follow them and will hostile what'ever hostiles the faction.

darkravenkin

• Undead Master
« Reply #73 on: May 16, 2009, 02:21:01 PM »
I had asked once before about war or guard dogs. I guess the hard coding igets all funky when somone tried to use animal empathy on them.
Shame cause dogs would look really cool :P

Actualy what i wouldnt mind seeing is were creatures change into humans before fading away after death. I think it would more then a little disconcerting to react that, you might of just killed a monster but at one time it was a person like you or I.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 02:24:55 PM by darkravenkin »

Arik Donovich - He has found a home, but it has become a prison for him.
Gargain Kernsonn - Ex loyal guard
Laylynn Ravenkin - One personality dead, only two more and I rule alone.

ethinos

• Keepin' it hardcore since 2nd edition AD&D
  • Dark Power
  • When in doubt, fireball.
« Reply #74 on: May 18, 2009, 02:06:27 AM »
Actualy what i wouldnt mind seeing is were creatures change into humans before fading away after death. I think it would more then a little disconcerting to react that, you might of just killed a monster but at one time it was a person like you or I.

I don't know if they still do it, but killing a normal bull (moo type) used to result in a human corpse remaining behind. When I saw that, it really made me wonder, haha.
Torgan Ironshield: Battlerager and smith
Wirth Darmington II: Roguish noble
Kurgh: A simple herdsman