Author Topic: Lilindi Redrinfess - Religious discussions.  (Read 1294 times)

failed.bard

Lilindi Redrinfess - Religious discussions.
« on: February 16, 2009, 02:01:29 AM »
[  While not a biography, in the normal sense, religion is the central theme in Lilindi's life.  This first one post is centred around the Halan origin story, and general beliefs, as told to Lilindi.  Later ones will be the actual discussions, done ICly, and cleaned up and edited from the logs]

The truth I carry with me was spoken by a woman, who held it from her mother and so one and so forth for many generations.  I do not carry with me any proofs, but only that these words feels right to me. If you wish to hear them.
  When the world was only rolling mist and chaos, nine gods gathered and created the world, from the mist, from chaos itself.  When the world was done and ready, the gods withdrew to allow the mortals to fill it.  But the mortals lacked wisdom and soon the world was filled with anguish and pain. They looked up to the gods and demanded help.  Of the nine, only Hala returned to the world to ease the suffering of the mortals.  Among her work, she gathered thirteen men and thirteen women, to them she taught the secrets of the Weave.
  The part of the story the Ezrite will not reveal, is that Ezra was a worshiper of Hala before her sacrifice to the mist.  A priestess even.
  Ezra went to the mist and proclaimed her desire to pursue her purpose of easing pain and releave anguish. In a stronger form, even if it meant losing her mortality.  Through her worship, the work of Hala is accomplished ...
  If only the mortals had not forgoten their roots, through time and confusion, chaos.
  False god, demon.. [she shakes her head slowly]

Many of our coven are now hunted by those of Ezra, so may their purity remains.  It hurts my heart, but i will continue my work, so will they and hopefully i will never meet with another whom would hunt me for my faith.
  In the end, working toward a greater good is the purpose of all, no matter under which banner you travel.

That is all I had to say my lady.

failed.bard

Religious discussions - The Lawgiver, Torm, the ML Pt 1
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 09:12:50 PM »
Samuel Wrath: So you wanted to talk Religion, what is it you wanted to know?
Lilindi Redrinfess: The basics first.  Dogma, and such.

Samuel Wrath: We seek stability, order, structure.  We support the true rulers of a land, since they are given that position by Divine Right..  We believe in the aquisition of power.
Lilindi Redrinfess: By what means?
Samuel Wrath: Depends on what church you come from.
Lilindi Redrinfess: Meaning your outlander faith, or the Lawgiver as worshipped here?
Samuel Wrath: We Zhentilar, mostly focus upon, Financial, Martial, Arcane, Divine, Political.
Lilindi Redrinfess: Interesting.
Samuel Wrath: While the Nova Vaasan church prefer to focus upon Birth, Financial, Martial, Political and Divine.  The Hazlani is an offshot of the Nova Vaasan.
Lilindi Redrinfess: No emphasis on the arcane here, then?
Samuel Wrath: We Faerunians are from a world where the Arcane is more common than in Barovia.
Lilindi Redrinfess: I've been to Hazlan before.  I saw a sign for a magic shop there.  It must be more accepted there than here.
Samuel Wrath: Well the Hazlani is ruled by a Wizard of some power.
Lilindi Redrinfess: Ah.
Samuel Wrath: It would be improper for the Hazlani church not to accept the arcane, but they are not fond of it.
Lilindi Redrinfess: I see.  What other differences are there?
Samuel Wrath: Minor historical differences.  Different titles upon the ranks.
Lilindi Redrinfess: That's to be expected though, as he wouldn't have had influence in both places for the same amount of time.  The Lawgiver was most likely well established in Faerun before his worship spread here.
Samuel Wrath: Probably, yes.
Lilindi Redrinfess: As with the morninglord, it's most likely one person interpretation of the true faith, as opposed to the faith itself.
Samuel Wrath: But the important things are the same, our main goals, our want to keep anarchists down, our support of the Rulers.
Lilindi Redrinfess: A hereditary power system seems very self serving to the founders, though, as opposed to serving the needs of the faith as a whole.
Samuel Wrath: If a hereditary ruler lacks the drive and talents for leadership, there are systems to have them replaced, with others more suited to the position.
Lilindi Redrinfess: Ah, so it's not an entirely rigid structure, then,  There is allowance for change when it's needed.
Samuel Wrath: And you can rise within the ranks if you aquire enough power, of various forms.  a completly rigid structure would stagnate, and not benefit the Iron Lord.  We can not allow someone who would support outright criminal activity in a position of power, and unfortunatly such things do happen.
Lilindi Redrinfess: Even if on gaining power, they say those acts are no longer criminal?
Samuel Wrath: You can not simply change what is Criminal and Heretical activity.
Lilindi Redrinfess: It's criminal if it's against the law.  Heresy is another matter entirely.
Samuel Wrath: All criminal activity is Heresy, to some degree.  Laws are sacred.
Lilindi Redrinfess: That's a very strict view.  How is heresy punished in the church?
Samuel Wrath: Depends on the degree, minor acts you can atone for, mostly by the proper. application of pain.  Greater transgressions, you will be burned.  Treason is Drawn and Quartered
Lilindi Redrinfess: Give an example of a greater transgression, please.
Samuel Wrath: Supporting Rebel activity without sanction of the Church leadership.
Lilindi Redrinfess: So, being a member of the sun cult in itself would warrant that, in your views?
Samuel Wrath: Yes... they break laws daily.  They have murdered, they stop others from truly defeating the dead beneath their temples.  They allow Caliban to walk their temples openly.
Lilindi Redrinfess: The pure hearts allow that as well.
Samuel Wrath: And don't parts of the Ezrite church, view that as Heretical?
Lilindi Redrinfess: They do, but since it's pure hearts dogma to do so, there are limits in how it can be punished.
Samuel Wrath: And that is the sign of a fractured church.  the Ezrites allow views of complete opposition to exist, that will only lead to dissention.
Lilindi Redrinfess: There are four acknowledged sects of Ezra, and many heretical ones claiming to be the fifth, true, sect.  A lack of true understanding from within the church of Ezra's place amongst the Gods of this place, also leads to that same dissention.
Samuel Wrath: Yes... the Ezrite faith should acknowledge their place in the Hiarchy of the Divine
Lilindi Redrinfess: What place does She have in your faiths view?
Samuel Wrath: As all others she serves the Divine Emperor.  I think the Aerkbiskop named her a concubine of the Iron Lord.
Lilindi Redrinfess: Interesting.
Samuel Wrath: I would have expected a certain level of outrage,  or maybe if I use the preferred word of the High Gudekede for Ezra.
Lilindi Redrinfess: They're your views, and you have the right to hold them.
Samuel Wrath: She names Ezra the Harlot deity.
Lilindi Redrinfess: A concubine and a harlot are vastly different things.
Samuel Wrath: But as a Faerunian, I have a different view.  She like so many others serves a different purpose as well, to present the Faithfull with conflict, with Strife..  So that we may rise to the Challenge, and prove our superiority.
Lilindi Redrinfess: I would think that Ezra and the Lawgiver aren't so far removed in what they represent, they simply seek to bring it about in different ways.
Samuel Wrath: That may be, I do not know the Ezrite's well enough, but the few I know, seem to lack the drive to truly do what needs doing.  Reminds me of the Tormites.
Lilindi Redrinfess: Primarily, our purpose is the protection of the faithful.  Many times that means not doing anything, to keep them from harm.
Samuel Wrath: So you stand aside, let chaos rule the streets, and therefore you allow those who might find faith, to fall into the cracks, to become desperate and eventually fall to Matteri
Lilindi Redrinfess: That does happen, yes.  The pure hearts spend their time trying to redeem the damned, instead of protecting the innocent.  Home faith only protects the faithful.  Nevuchnar Springs sect spends all its time seemingly trying to find evils within the church to fight, and the Rectors do nothing but study.
Samuel Wrath: Well to find evil within the church, is a necessity.  People do fall, and someone has to find those who might, to guide them back to their true path.
Lilindi Redrinfess: Yes,  but when they spend all their time looking, they end up finding it whether it's there or not.
Lilindi Redrinfess: We don't spend nearly enough time helping people, and yet, helping everyone regardless of who they are like the sun cult isn't right either.
Samuel Wrath: You shouldn't need to constantly help people, a true Church tries to inspire others to do what is right, so that they can rise to the Challenge.
Lilindi Redrinfess: That's a difficult task for us here, with ezrites being viewed as Dilisniya poisoners.  When your religion is founded by a member of the family of a countries greatest traitor, there are bound to be resentments.

(continued....)

failed.bard

Religious discussions - The Lawgiver, Torm, the ML Pt 2
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 09:13:35 PM »
Corvin Aegerfeld: [brushes past Samuel]
Samuel Wrath: [sneers] Evening Tormite.
Lilindi Redrinfess: Ah, well, that brings up another set of interesting questions.
Samuel Wrath: Hmm?
Lilindi Redrinfess: You faith from Faerun seems to have brought conflicts with it, that the Lawgiver faith here may not have had if it was distinct.
Corvin Aegerfeld: Some people love to cling to the old ways.  Don't you, master Samuel?
Samuel Wrath: Oh, I have no expectations the Tormites wouldn't eventually have brought up the old conflicts.
Lilindi Redrinfess: We're discussing religion, if you have anything meaningful to add.
Samuel Wrath: I am not the one who started our troubles Tormite
Corvin Aegerfeld: And I was unsurprised to learn of you and your people committing sacrifices. 
Samuel Wrath: We have?  And who have we sacrificed?
Corvin Aegerfeld: I think thats a good precursor, Sammy boy.  But far be it from me to interrupt.  Hmm, no dyes I needed after all.  Good evening.

Lilindi Redrinfess: Probably a meat eater too.
Samuel Wrath: Always the fun with Tormites, accusations and nothing to back their accusations.
Lilindi Redrinfess: The tormites symbol is a clenched fist, correct?
Samuel Wrath: Yes...   They serve a war deity.
Lilindi Redrinfess: Not something that inspires deep thinking, I imagine.
Samuel Wrath: No, they just cling to what they think is true, no matter how many times they have been proven wrong.  They claim like us to serve Law, but their Law, supports rebel activity simply because they see a ruler as injust.  They fail to realise that sometimes a ruler has to be harsh, to avoid anarchy and chaos.  They live in a dreamworld, where everyone can be friends, where everyone is nice to each other
Lilindi Redrinfess: Structure is necessary to protect society, some change is necessary to avoid stagnation.  Open rebellion causes more damage than good.
Samuel Wrath: Besides harsh rule is only necessary, when people decide to break the laws, and do so repeatedly.
Lilindi Redrinfess: Well, yes.
Samuel Wrath: As so many of us Outlanders do.
Lilindi Redrinfess: If they dealt with criminals more efficiently, someone like Thomas Ashford would never have had a chance to fall to the legions.
Samuel Wrath: Ah, Ashford, he used to be a good man, a good butler.  Well, servant
Lilindi Redrinfess: Before the rapes and murders, possibly.
Samuel Wrath: When he worked for Grant, before his service to the city.
Lilindi Redrinfess: He should have been dealt with when they caught him.
Samuel Wrath: According to the Laws of the Lawgiver, he would have been burned, if not drawn and quartered.
Lilindi Redrinfess: Burning would have solved the problem.
Samuel Wrath: And buried in a properly warded graveyard, not a Morninglordian one, where the inmates escape daily.
Lilindi Redrinfess: I'm well aware of their problems in keeping the dead, dead.
Samuel Wrath: Good, I was starting to wonder if I was the only one to have noticed, that an undead hunting Faith, are completly lacking in efficiency in hunting the dead.  Both of their temples I have visited have great problems with the Dead.
Lilindi Redrinfess: I've heard tales of darker things beneath, but my abailities aren't well suited to hunting undead.
Samuel Wrath: In the Village, they allow Baatezu to walk the lower crypts.
Lilindi Redrinfess: Baatezu?
Samuel Wrath: A breed of Fiend, slightly more trustworthy than their Tana'ri cousins, but completly vile.
Lilindi Redrinfess: Ah.  And these walk in the crypts?
Samuel Wrath: Beyond a secret door, yes.  They seem to be building an army.
Lilindi Redrinfess: The sun cult?
Samuel Wrath: The Baatezu, I don't know if they are allied with the Sun Cult.
Lilindi Redrinfess: Ah.  I was just thinking, a rebel supporting cult with an army of fiends that close to the castle is bad for the Count.
Samuel Wrath: It would be, yes, but the Lawgivers and the Vardo are keeping an eye on it, among others.
Lilindi Redrinfess: I may have to go there after all.  I've only read sparce reports on what's there.
Samuel Wrath: Bring people you trust, Baatezu are dangerous
Lilindi Redrinfess: That could be difficult, then.
Samuel Wrath: Why?  Your fellow faithfull not trustworthy?
Lilindi Redrinfess: I can't trust anyone that feels letting someone die then bringing them back, is protecting them.
Samuel Wrath: Sometimes that is the only option...    And who let who die?
Lilindi Redrinfess: Sometimes, that may be, but when they use it as /their/ only option, always sacrificing and endangering others to keep themself safe...
Samuel Wrath: Sounds like a lack of self confidence.
Lilindi Redrinfess: Nell and Vasten left me to die, after I saved them both.  Vasten as a templar, and Nell as a warden, it was their role to save me, not the other way around.
Samuel Wrath: Well, Nell has no heart for a fight, and Vasten has always been abit lacking in courage.
Lilindi Redrinfess: They are supposed to die to protect the faithful, not leave them to die to protect themselves.
Samuel Wrath: Seems to be abit lacking in structure.
Lilindi Redrinfess: For that, they made Vasten head templar.
Samuel Wrath: The Ezrites reward cowardice?
Lilindi Redrinfess: Apparently.  I left the church right after his ceremony.
Samuel Wrath: Hmmm, seems the Ezrite church... lacks a certain something.
Lilindi Redrinfess: It has since the toret went missing.
Samuel Wrath: So Deneve has left Barovia.
Lilindi Redrinfess: She's lost in the mists.  Somewhere.
Samuel Wrath: So what are the Ezrites doing now then?  Drifting aimlessly?
Lilindi Redrinfess: I'm not sure.  I think the warden is in charge of everything now.
Samuel Wrath: So Ward, a bleeding heart, leads one of the strongest churches within Barovia?  she doesn't have the temperament needed.  Must be why Logan quit as a templar.
Lilindi Redrinfess: Yes.
Samuel Wrath: And his wife no longer wears the colours.
Lilindi Redrinfess: Not at all?
Samuel Wrath: I have only seen her in red.
Lilindi Redrinfess: I've seen her in the red, but I though it was because she wasn't on church duties at the time.
Samuel Wrath: Well I do not know much of the Ezrite church.
Lilindi Redrinfess: You said that earlier, but you seem to know a fair bit about most things.
Samuel Wrath: I am Vardo, I do get a certain level of intelligence about everything.
Lilindi Redrinfess: You would have more about the ezrite church if someone smarter had been sent to get it.
Samuel Wrath: Hmmm?
Lilindi Redrinfess: Oh, not important, I guess.  He was sufficiently humiliated.
Samuel Wrath: What happened then?
Lilindi Redrinfess: Ah...  Hmm...  I can't even remember his name.  One of the vardo Stela had introduced me to came to the cathedral to see me.
Samuel Wrath: Well the Vardo are allowed to go see who they want.
Lilindi Redrinfess: He made a little small talk, tried some non-sensical compliments about me being radiant and beautiful, then asked to know everything I knew about the vardo, and investigations related to them.
Samuel Wrath: .... He tried to flirt poorly and then pump you for information?
Lilindi Redrinfess: Yes.
Samuel Wrath: Not even buying you dinner?  I would hope we trained our people better than that.
Lilindi Redrinfess: Oh, he offered first, but asked even after I said no.
Samuel Wrath: Well he should have taken more time.
Lilindi Redrinfess: I suggested he try getting me drunk first next time.
Samuel Wrath: True, he could have tried buying drinks...
Lilindi Redrinfess: Not that I can get drunk, but he should have tried.
Samuel Wrath: Hmmm, sounds like Vich, but he wouldn't dare talk with anyone.
Lilindi Redrinfess: No, that doesn't sound right.
Samuel Wrath: Vich has absolutly no social skills.
Lilindi Redrinfess: Well, that part is true.
Samuel Wrath: I mean, he wouldn't have tried complimenting you at all, he would just go right for the information.  Well its not important.
Lilindi Redrinfess: No, it's not.

Lilindi Redrinfess: Sivius seems to dislike you as well.  Is that an old grudge?
Samuel Wrath: Yes, he blames my organisation, for things that are not our fault.
Lilindi Redrinfess: Ah, so that's busines related, and not religious, then?
Samuel Wrath: well he is a Tempite, all fights are religious.

Soren Nexus  : ..Ohmygodit'sSamuel...in Degannwy.
Lilindi Redrinfess: So he made it a religious issue, to justify his actions?
Samuel Wrath: Good day Soren.
Samuel Wrath: Siv worships a god of battle.
Soren Nexus  : I haven't forgiven you for nearly getting me arrested you know
Samuel Wrath: That was Stela.
Soren Nexus  : You helped.
Samuel Wrath: [shrugs] You made it too easy for us Soren.
Lilindi Redrinfess: What did you do?
Soren Nexus  : What did I do?
Lilindi Redrinfess: You must have done something, if he could get you arrested.
Soren Nexus  : This [imitates a light smack to the back of the head] to stela, and she got all indignant about it like some adolescent.
Samuel Wrath: Come now, we where just playing with you.
Soren Nexus  : Then, in accordance with my luck, a guard comes in..
Lilindi Redrinfess: You assaulted a native in front of witnesses?
Samuel Wrath: Not our fault the Garda came in.
Soren Nexus  : Uh huh.."assault". [rolls eyes]
Lilindi Redrinfess: *shakes her head and turns away*
Samuel Wrath: You need to learn to talk faster Soren.
Soren Nexus  : [shrugs]
Samuel Wrath: Can get you out of alot of trouble.
Soren Nexus  : What was I going to do, try to deny it?
Soren Nexus  : I think a Vardo local woman would have more say over an outlander any day.
Samuel Wrath: True, but maybe not slap Stela on the back of the head, just before a garda comes in then.  Behave like the gentleman your supposed to be.  You know the hero you dress like.
Soren Nexus  : She's a brat. [shrugs] No regrets.
Lilindi Redrinfess: Would you have regretted it if the guard had removed the offending hand?
Soren Nexus  : Maybe a bit.
Lilindi Redrinfess: Ah...  We're discussing religion, if you want to join in.
Soren Nexus  : Discussions like that end nowhere, especially between an Ezrite and a Banite.  Actually, depends on which sect of Ezra.
Samuel Wrath: Oh, you would be surprised Soren.  We agree that Nell Ward would make an ineffectual leader, and she sees my points regarding the Morninglordian's deader problems.
Soren Nexus  : I also agree, despite the degree of esteem in which I hold her.  Nice person, doesn't mean good leader.
Lilindi Redrinfess: Well, you would, she acts more like a morninglordian, after all.
Soren Nexus  : Is that a bad thing? [raises brow]
Lilindi Redrinfess: It is, when you endanger the people of your own faith by doing it.
Samuel Wrath: Morninglordians, lack structure.  They lack cohesion.
Soren Nexus  : Caring, generous, kind, helpful..the list goes on
Lilindi Redrinfess: Murderous, traitorous...  Undead hugging.
Soren Nexus  : [frowns]  I don't think you know the Morninglord's dogma, miss.  The undead -are- their enemies.
Samuel Wrath: We know their dogma, and we know what they do.
Lilindi Redrinfess: I don't think the current faithful do either.
Samuel Wrath: Isn't it strange that a faith that claims to be great undead hunters, have such ineffectual wards against the dead, in their graveyards.
Soren Nexus  : I still feel the Morninglordians are an asset to Barovia, despite shortcomings.
Lilindi Redrinfess: Sure, where else would people go to fight undead without them.
Soren Nexus  : I'd like to see you try and go against something Carmac wanted.
Samuel Wrath: I would, and I would remove him permanantly.
Soren Nexus  : Where else would people seek shelter and food in the winter, without them?
Samuel Wrath: They could actually work for it.
Lilindi Redrinfess: They could get jobs.
Soren Nexus  : You know why the two morninglordian structures are shabby?  All the money the get, they donate.
Samuel Wrath: [laughs]
Soren Nexus  : The Ezrites could -buy- the slums.
Lilindi Redrinfess: Hardly.
Samuel Wrath: They use all their money at us.  They are our best customers, Soren
Soren Nexus  : Good for you, that just says they still have a lot of money.
Samuel Wrath: So to say they spend all their money on the poor is a lie.
Lilindi Redrinfess: Do you know how much work it took to raise the money to get the rectory built?
Soren Nexus  : Enough to rebuild most of the slums
Samuel Wrath: And constantly feeding the poor does not help them.  In the long run it does more damage, than help.
Lilindi Redrinfess: How many outlanders are raised daily?
Soren Nexus  : You'd let them starve?
Samuel Wrath: Makes it so they don't think they need to work.  I would force them to do something about it.
Lilindi Redrinfess: How many thousands, and tens of thousands of fangs are collected, every single day?
Soren Nexus  : I don't know the figure, but it's high.
Lilindi Redrinfess: You think that doesn't go directly into some priests account?
Soren Nexus  : I do.  Pardon me if I have faith in others, miss.
Samuel Wrath: You are Naive, Soren, all you Silverymoon people are naive.  You think people will always do the best for everyone
Lilindi Redrinfess: I'd guess the slums temple gives away, at most, two hundred fangs worth of food a day.
Soren Nexus  : I have to ask, what's your purpose, to change my mind?
Lilindi Redrinfess: No, to see what your views are, and if you truly believe in them.
Soren Nexus  : I do.
Samuel Wrath: I am hoping you might one day see a better path.
Soren Nexus  : Better's a matter of perspective, I see myself as on the best.  But, of course, we all do.
Samuel Wrath: Drifting aimlessly?
Soren Nexus  : Which is exactly why arguing about it is useless.
Samuel Wrath: well I should get back to my current job, I got a Morninglordian who might want a greatsword.
Lilindi Redrinfess: Ah, well.  Ezra bless, and thank you for your time, Samuel.
Soren Nexus  : Then make him one, so he can put it to good use.
Samuel Wrath: I am always willing to discuss faith Lili.
Samuel Wrath: Its for Cain.
Soren Nexus  : Ana?
Samuel Wrath: Ana Cain.
Soren Nexus  : [nods]
Lilindi Redrinfess: I thought their weapon was the spear?
Soren Nexus  : I thought the Ezrites weapon was the longsword, yet few use it.
Samuel Wrath: So is ours, but not everyone prefers it.
Lilindi Redrinfess: It seems strange not abiding by your vows, and using the weapon of your god.
Samuel Wrath: We Lawgivers use the weapon we are best at, anything else would be a diservice to our master.
Samuel Wrath: Well have a good day.
Lilindi Redrinfess: Safe travels.

Lilindi Redrinfess: Well, if you want to discuss the more pleasant aspects of your faith, you could start with the morninglord's dogma.
Soren Nexus  : Let me guess, you're of the same sect as Deneve?
Lilindi Redrinfess: Of course.
Soren Nexus  : [nods] Explains a lot.
Soren Nexus  : My faith, miss? If there's a shred of salmon on me, then point it out.
Soren Nexus  : The Morninglordians are, and always will be, despite any mistakes they make as mortals do, my friends.
Lilindi Redrinfess: What god do you serve, then?
Soren Nexus  : I don't serve any god, but I ally myself with the morninglord. Our goals are similiar, and he aids me in accomplishing them.
Lilindi Redrinfess: I was under the impression you were a priest of some sort, or a holy warrior.
Soren Nexus  : I'm a paladin, yes. A knight with divine aid.
Lilindi Redrinfess: Who do you pray to?
Soren Nexus  : More often than not, the Morninglord, though sometimes I include some others in there.
Lilindi Redrinfess: ...
Soren Nexus  : I used to be a stout Morninglordian, but I left the order. 
Lilindi Redrinfess: You just.... pray to random gods?
Soren Nexus  : What do you define as random?
Lilindi Redrinfess: A god other than your own.
Soren Nexus  : I pray to the gods of good.
Lilindi Redrinfess: ...
Soren Nexus  : I'm sorry if good is such a backwards concept for you, But it's quite right to me.
Lilindi Redrinfess: You pray to whatever god you feel like that day?
Soren Nexus  : No. As I said, mostly the Morninglordian, although sometimes I make the distinction with using Lathander.
Lilindi Redrinfess: Strange.
Soren Nexus  : Mmhm. But it suits me.
Lilindi Redrinfess: I need to rest.  Pray to my sole god.

failed.bard

The Fifth.
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 02:58:33 AM »
  The Fifth.  The cause of many of the frictions between Vallaki and Von Zeklos keep, as am I, for certain things I've done.  It's fitting I've ended up staying in their church.

The Fifth are simply that to me.  Not the Fifth Sect, as they claim, and not the Fifth Heresy, as those in Vallaki would brand them.  It's not my role to decide the validity off their claim, the Rite of Revelation will decide that.
  My role is to question, and now, to be the keeper of Her light, in the temple where darkness has been given a place.  Neither is a role I desired.  Blind acceptance of what you're told is always easier.  I never asked to be the keeper of Her light.  Such a light is not wanted in a keep that protects the undead, and Marle.

Marle Winterlass...  I don't use her married name, as her marriage isn't valid unless Gard can manifest a shield.  I can't use her title in the Fifth, either, since Home Faith doesn't acknowledge her position as Toret.  Using her maiden name poses an unacceptable risk, so to me, she is simply Marle.  Even her nature, despite the curiosity I have towards it, and the mystery it presents, is irrelevent now.  Her role will lead her to the Rite, and may end there regardless of the outcome of it.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 08:11:24 AM by failed.bard »