Author Topic: Diamond Edition?  (Read 2573 times)

Little Lotte

• Dark Power
Diamond Edition?
« on: March 10, 2009, 12:57:01 AM »
Ok so as you may have read, I just bought a new computer and unfortunately it has Vista on it *gags* Well I need to buy a new copy of the game since Ive been playing on a Mac. Well my question is...*drum roll* Can I just buy Diamond Edition or do I need to locate a specific game geared towards Vista? Let me know asap so I can order the game and resume playing!!!

Lotte

Amon-Si

• Inventor of the cat
  • Dark Power
  • Freelance troublemaker
Re: Diamond Edition?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 01:01:52 AM »
Just buy diamond edition, it has its own patch and updates, the normal ones don't work :D

HellsPanda

• Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 01:03:53 AM »
but prepare for a couple days of aggrevation, as you get all the fun little details of combining NWN with Vista, we have posts above it and alot of us have already dealt with it. Hopefully it wont be too bad

Little Lotte

• Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 01:06:52 AM »
Thanks guys! *buys Diamond Edition now*

DM Raven

• Dungeon Masters
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009, 04:06:51 AM »
I have been running my original version of NWN from my portable drive (USB) for the last year, it is prior to Diamond edition but with the patching all worked well, it interfaces with vista fine (had only a couple load issue on the first run but this sorted itself out) as this is what runs on our home computer, at work it is old windows version and never had a problem.

Found this the best way to run without having to continually reload it onto different computers, as I updated or moved.

I tested the diamond version too on a separate drive and this worked well too.

The program is not heavy enough to cause any slow down using a portable (USB2) drive.

Clar

Bad_Bud

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2009, 01:13:45 PM »
I copied my NWN folder from an XP computer and put it on a Vista computer and it worked.

Little Lotte

• Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2009, 11:41:23 PM »
Ok so im downloading the 2.2 right now and Its not letting me run it and stuff. Is that a Vista problem or what?