Author Topic: Subduel Damage  (Read 1600 times)

Jana

• Undead Slayer
Subduel Damage
« on: February 02, 2009, 03:20:22 PM »
I do not know if this is possible but if it is awesome. When one is in subduel mod it is because they don't want to kill. So either a knock out or a duel of sorts. In any case they're pulling punches which leads me to my suggestion.

Is it possible to have subduel damage healed when "combat" ends, like when you can rest. I was with a bunch of Lawgivers and we all were training in a free rest spot because otherwise to rest you'd need to wait for a long time between friendly duels.

A potential bug I see is all health being recovered, but if damage could be tracked  it shouldn't be hard to heal that amount.
Jana - Red Vardo Leathercrafter
Jacho - Lich Wannabe
Fiona - Copper Smith
Janie - MIA

Bad_Bud

• Developers
  • Dark Power
Re: Subduel Damage
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 11:06:05 PM »
But what if it's a guard beating someone until they pass out in a blood pool?

They would have to add something like an option to choose friendly or hostile subdual modes.

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 11:09:16 PM »
Subdual doesn't mean you fight with wooden swords and hold your punches, it just means it's non-lethal combat. If you get into a fistfight with someone, you may not aim to punch their head in, but you'll probably still dish out damage and maybe get the other unconscious.

Eh_89_DnD

• Outlander
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 07:22:47 AM »
I dunno if this is the right place, but i think instead of a usable item this would be better as a command in brackets like the dice rolls, because once u use wildshape, u cant use it, so what if ur fighting werewolves, and then u see some unlucky person ud like to play with and scare by knocking them unconcious or somethin', but u dont wonna kill them?
And so God has punished for our sins, cast us away from the Golden Gates, yet he has spared us from Hell, though we wonder what we have received, if it is not worse than Hell itself.

failed.bard

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2009, 07:27:27 AM »
It was stated early on it was intentionally done so that it wouldn't work with polymorphed forms, though it may work in tensers form now, which would be just plain wrong.

Eh_89_DnD

• Outlander
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2009, 03:51:34 PM »
Ah...
And so God has punished for our sins, cast us away from the Golden Gates, yet he has spared us from Hell, though we wonder what we have received, if it is not worse than Hell itself.