You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Assembling the fit and able!  (Read 1470 times)

boompowclash

Assembling the fit and able!
« on: January 31, 2009, 11:29:54 AM »
A printed notice is placed on the sign outside the Ladies rest, it is beaten and worn by the weather after only a few minutes:

"A group of noble minded warriors are gathering to delve into the sewers, to uncover the vileness therein."

-unsigned

Bad_Bud

• Developers
  • Dark Power
Re: Assembling the fit and able!
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 01:07:57 PM »
[The ink from the scribbling has run down the page...]

One is not noble if one declares itself to be noble.

Wids

• We don't need no stinkin' avatars!
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 12:03:41 PM »
A tin throwing dart, driven into the dense wood by the staccato force of a small hammer, transfixes an unusually large rodent ear and, beneath it, a sheet of common birchpulp paper.  The ear is larger than that of a dire rat, yet the dense clumping of its fur suggests that the ear had shrunken from an even larger state upon separation from its vessel.  Two rivulets of dark blood rolled downward from the ear before clotting and drying, partly obscuring the ink-scrawled message with their sanguine trails.

"Anonymous,

By my count, this gory remnant represents the eighty-ninth wererat felled in my repeated culls against the blossoming
wererat population.

And, by my count, I harvested this ear eighteen wererats ago, as I returned to leave this note.

Yet even after one-hundred-seven dead wererats--including one of their gigantic kings and thirty-three great wererats--
I have come no nearer to finding the source of the sudden wererat infestation.

You, however, suggest that you can delve directly to the heart of this 'vileness therein,' if you but receive a band of
warriors to guard you.

What do you know that I do not?

--Viorica the Green"
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 12:11:34 PM by Wids »

Zedrik

• Warbird
  • Dark Lord
  • The Hellrabbits are watching you.
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 04:04:33 PM »
*written in fine, harsh letters underneath Viorica's note*

New Outlanders usually believe themselves to be great heroes capable of defeating every evil.
New Outlanders often die horrible deaths. They refuse to believe the warnings of those native to this World.
  ~  Warbird

Warning: Don't provoke the high-level Falkovnian wizard. He bites. (And not in the good way.)