Author Topic: Polymorph and tenser details ~ can we have them please?  (Read 11487 times)

kenpen

• Dark Power
Re: Polymorph and tenser details ~ can we have them please?
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2009, 12:57:28 AM »
Yar. Told you all the real version of the spell is actually better in most respects.;)

And, as far as I can see, using potions in Tenser's shouldn't be a problem as it should still be possible. You just can't cast spells or use scrolls, since you're amp'd up like a gear-head on his last rock.

I imagine the not talking to NPCs is due to a silence effect? You shouldn't be talking in Tenser's anyway. You should be killing. I haven't checked if people can still use the metamagic feat for silent spell. If so, it's only a small error.

I actually haven't noticed any other problems with the new Tensers, other than perhaps the scrolls, and it seems to almost directly imitate the book version. Good job.:)

darkpriest

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2009, 02:57:52 AM »
The spell is now appears to be very useful and quite interesting in what it means for pvp and pvm. In some ways it is more powerful than it was before. I like it. Thanks team. Here's somethings I noticed

can still use scrolls
can still use potions
can't talk to NPC's while spell is active
can't cancel spell once it's been cast, so you're stuck until its done. Bad for casters, good for tensers potion/scroll users.
Somewhat limiting in that most arcane casters don't have martial feat, so while they can equip something when tensered, it will be either a plain (base stats) weapon or a simple weapon like a dagger.

If you will be high enough level, try the blackstaff spell ;) Now it actually might have some use :D

shadymerchant

• Dark Power
  • Legendary Pimp Cat (Circa 1876)
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2009, 04:48:05 AM »
If you equip a martial weapon while in tenser, and it fades, you keep the weapon in hand. Is there a way to make it swap out?

JipK

• Captain Awesome
  • Dark Power
  • Drugs are bad, Hmkaay
« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2009, 01:37:15 PM »
Haven't had the chance to test it out, but it sounds like a great change!

IsaacSlayn

• New to the Mists
« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2009, 04:19:03 AM »
Sooo, what does tenser's do exactly now?

No more 2 extra attacks per round?
Zaka'rath - "Death is the bride of life."