Author Topic: Need some info on Bard song  (Read 1237 times)

Helaman

• What the hell am I doing here?
  • Dark Power
Need some info on Bard song
« on: January 24, 2009, 04:47:26 AM »
Hi guys

Looking at the wiki site http://nwn.wikia.com/wiki/Bard_song and also the manual and crunched some #s... it seems the bardic song perform modifier quickly outstrips the minimum level

So the 2nd level of Bard song is Perform 6 and Bard level 2... well, max perform at this level (before CHA) is 5... so unless you got a 12 CHA (you should have) your 2nd level bard song dont kick in.

We head on to 3rd level and now its perform 9 to get the full benefit.... except that max performance you will have is 6 ranks and so you better have a 16 CHA... once again, assuming the engine is not being retarded and only going off Ranks but rather the final score.

At 6th level bard you get the next leg up... now its perform 12... call me nuts but the max perform ranks you have is 9 at that level. 16 CHA again is needed.

At 8th level you need Performance 15... now call me nuts but that means unless your CHA is 18 you may as well get off the ride now...

Seems to me your bard is constantly behind the 8 ball. Can someone also confirm the engine ISNT retarded and does count in Total Perform score rather than ranks (unlike Tumble)?

And Otake, Wulfgang Eberhardt, Aesin, Humiko, Bonereaver, Anthrania + whatever concept I am playing with...

failed.bard

Re: Need some info on Bard song
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 05:22:51 AM »
pretty sure it's current score, not ranks in.

Aran

• Undead Master
  • Into the storm with teeth bared !
    • vikings rule
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2009, 05:32:03 AM »
well bard song is pretty powerfull  guess its just making sure for the high benefits youll have to use skill focus and greater skill focus :-)

plenty of feats for focus on ravenloft due to the extra feats

as far as i can see with a little charisma  only focus is needed not greater focus
aran

Aran: Deceased......twice
Arakor: the void within that chills the heart
Markos Donarew: the broken husk
Bronk: ADHD
Marg: the silent hand that kills

Ruxandra

• Undead Master
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2009, 09:31:25 PM »
All that matters is the score on your sheet *before* you cast bard song. (Casting bard song and using it to meet the skill req by recasting it won't work.)

Your ranks, charisma modifier, backgrounds, gear and buffs prior to singing will all be taken into account, but yes, eventually the perform req will outstrip the bard song req, probably around perform 35-40 by my reckoning.
Ruxandra, Beater of the Elderly! (It was medicinal, really!)
"I never stabbed anything that didn't stop being an immediate problem."

Ratchet, Lost Wingnut with a Screw Loose
"Barovia will know true fear, she carries a wrench and wields dimples."

Ric

• <Insert pwnage innuendo>
  • Dark Power
  • The writer that keeps going ... And going ...
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2009, 09:50:59 PM »
You'll have more than enough.  We have perform gear out the arse in the server.