You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Somewhere to sit in Degnnwy  (Read 1638 times)

LawfulJoe

• "Evil is a thing of perception, it depends on which end of the sword you're on"
  • Dark Power
  • aka AwfulJoe
    • Joe Kellerman - Graphic Artist
Somewhere to sit in Degnnwy
« on: January 23, 2009, 11:19:18 AM »
Just something I have noticed and sorta bothered me, not to any severity, but main building in Degannwy lacks... Elven Charm.

It could be a hunting lodge in some human settlement, it needs some more... nature and comfort. I know it's a camp basicly, but the elves have lived there for some time now, and perhaps some more elven feel could be added to the interior of the building.

suggestions:
1. FIRST and FOREMOST - Places to sit and be social, sitable pillows, and invisible seats placed so that the static chairs can be used. Elves are social creatures, there are two chairs infront of the fireplace, and PCs have to sit on the floor in front of them.
2. A table, maybe the bowyer crafting could be moved upstairs to make room for a table and chairs.
3. Placeable trees merged into the walls, and ivy added. Just to give it a more elven feel, something different from the Inns and taverns located in Vallaki and other cities.
4. An upstairs, it could be where the Crafting area could be, and maybe another shop or a druidic healer, kind of like DOC in the Drain except the description would not be so... harsh ;) Something along the lines of:

*You suddenly feel warm and at ease as your wounds mend.* "Rest now my friend, you are safe here."

I think these few changes would make main building in Degannwy more RP friendly and all in all a more functional area.

Thank you for reading.
~LawfulJoe

Edit: I have not even gone into wanting a beer tent or some sort of social tavern... That is an IC desire. :D A Tavern made in the style of Drow Architecture, carved out of the back cliffside... someday. ;)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 11:26:24 AM by LawfulJoe »

Unana / Rapsutin

• Undead Slayer
Re: Somewhere to sit in Degnnwy
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 01:49:05 PM »
Edit: I have not even gone into wanting a beer tent or some sort of social tavern... That is an IC desire. Big Grin A Tavern made in the style of Drow Architecture, carved out of the back cliffside... someday. Wink

Bah.. Hopefully we can drive all you filthy dhaerow out some day. Just need to give us a good reason.

But yeah, I agree with LawfulJoe. At the moment Degannwy does look rather boring inside. Also, few more tents outside might be a good idea.

Zedrik

• Warbird
  • Dark Lord
  • The Hellrabbits are watching you.
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 02:10:37 PM »
I always thought the woodworking stuff should be shunted into its own room, perhaps a tent outside.
Especially since I hate going into Nant Gaerwyn with a load of wood and seeing people there I don't want to bowyer spam.

Warning: Don't provoke the high-level Falkovnian wizard. He bites. (And not in the good way.)

LawfulJoe

• "Evil is a thing of perception, it depends on which end of the sword you're on"
  • Dark Power
  • aka AwfulJoe
    • Joe Kellerman - Graphic Artist
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 02:11:12 PM »
Edit: I have not even gone into wanting a beer tent or some sort of social tavern... That is an IC desire. Big Grin A Tavern made in the style of Drow Architecture, carved out of the back cliffside... someday. Wink

Bah.. Hopefully we can drive all you filthy dhaerow out some day. Just need to give us a good reason.

But yeah, I agree with LawfulJoe. At the moment Degannwy does look rather boring inside. Also, few more tents outside might be a good idea.
Useable Tents :D

Blacky Rose

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 02:24:41 PM »
It would also be nice if the 'Elf Ranger' and 'Elf Mage' type NPCs there had a little variety to them like Vallaki commoners do, currently they all have the same heads and outfits (aside the few named characters) which is somewhat odd (unless it is an uniform of some kind).
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self.

Badbelly

• Undead Slayer
  • RP imposter
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2009, 04:29:22 PM »
here's my suggestions.

-Cauldron for making potions

-More elfish feel to the place. tree top homes, hollowed out tress,flowing gardens, stuff like that.

-Placed a little bit more off the beaten path, just feels to close to Vallaki.

-More then one entrance/exit.

Zedrik

• Warbird
  • Dark Lord
  • The Hellrabbits are watching you.
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2009, 05:10:41 PM »
here's my suggestions.

-Cauldron for making potions

-More elfish feel to the place. tree top homes, hollowed out tress,flowing gardens, stuff like that.

-Placed a little bit more off the beaten path, just feels to close to Vallaki.

-More then one entrance/exit.
-A few rooms people can use to have private meetings in instead of barring people from using the common room.
Honestly, I'm tired of being told I can't use that room.

Warning: Don't provoke the high-level Falkovnian wizard. He bites. (And not in the good way.)

suǝʇʇıɯ

• Undead Slayer
  • Illusionist
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2009, 05:35:41 PM »
Lawful Joe is indeed a genious! :D