Author Topic: Area - Ivlis Marsh  (Read 3176 times)

Zedrik

• Warbird
  • Dark Lord
  • The Hellrabbits are watching you.
Area - Ivlis Marsh
« on: January 21, 2009, 04:29:57 PM »
So I went over to the new swamp to see what was done with it.
Gotta say, it looks pretty nice.
 :cheer: :thumbup: :thumbup: :cheer:

There wasn't anything actually there though when I visited.  :cry:

Warning: Don't provoke the high-level Falkovnian wizard. He bites. (And not in the good way.)

shadymerchant

• Dark Power
  • Legendary Pimp Cat (Circa 1876)
Re: Area - Ivlis Marsh
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 08:58:44 PM »
Looks great. My only suggestion would be to have some land submerged in water, so people have to walk through some of the muck.

Zedrik

• Warbird
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 12:26:03 AM »
Looks great. My only suggestion would be to have some land submerged in water, so people have to walk through some of the muck.
I was thinking that too. I'm not too familiar with that tileset, though, or if there are placeables that would suit it well enough.

Warning: Don't provoke the high-level Falkovnian wizard. He bites. (And not in the good way.)

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 05:35:37 AM »
I was thinking that too. I'm not too familiar with that tileset, though, or if there are placeables that would suit it well enough.

Was hoping the same thing too, but it isn't directly possible. It could probably be done with elevating the entire area, but that's a lot of trouble, and not sure to work. Might look at it later.

Bad_Bud

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 01:16:29 PM »
The new marsh is amazing!  The atmospheric messages that popped up sent chills down my spine... and since we were there at night the lighting was perfect.

Only thing I can suggest is adding more spawns... seemed like it was all over too soon.  And we were taking our time. :(

kenpen

• Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2009, 06:17:42 PM »
I agree. I really like this new area. I've wanted a good swamp for a while, and used to fantasize about Grim actually having one to lurk around in. This one fits the bill. I haven't had the pleasure to try it at a max spawn, but it looks good.

shadymerchant

• Dark Power
  • Legendary Pimp Cat (Circa 1876)
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2009, 08:53:46 PM »
The hag's ai is great, and it is well rounded for all manner of challengers, but it's also quite sparse. Maybe the hut could lead into some type of underground area, if that's plausable in the middle of a swamp :P

Nefensis

• MIA
  • Dark Power
  • Gaming wench )0(
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2009, 08:58:35 PM »
The black agnes raped my butt. a lot.

Stela Cojocaru - barovian snake
Crina Ovidiu - barovian guard

Mrjunkie

• Dark Lord
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2009, 10:01:13 PM »
Loving the new march :D The first transition could use a few monsters to get you into the vibe of what coming...

arrmuth

• Undead Master
  • Honor is everything.
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2009, 01:09:38 AM »
Very well done. The atmosphere just screams ravenloft. I was walking thru there holding my breath thinking oh god whats next whats next.
 Hags usually warp the surrounding lands that they inhabit so perhaps some warped animals and plants would be good additions to the area.
I was in the sewers earlier and ran into some aberrant rats that were tough little buggers. Perhaps some aberrant  snakes and boars heck even some aberrant minks! "Hey look kill that mink we can get a good price for its hide. OMG!!What the hell!! The mink just ripped out Bob's throat! RUN!!!ITS GOT FANGS!!". ;) ;)
 Now beef up the other two fanes.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 01:20:39 AM by arrmuth »

failed.bard

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2009, 04:23:38 AM »

Forest Fane was recently redone, and the mountain Fane had a revamp aesthetically.  It's just the nymph that's unchanged now, i think, but the Devs are slowly adding detail to the world.

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2009, 05:00:31 AM »
Thanks all :)

Very well done. The atmosphere just screams ravenloft. I was walking thru there holding my breath thinking oh god whats next whats next.
 Hags usually warp the surrounding lands that they inhabit so perhaps some warped animals and plants would be good additions to the area.
I was in the sewers earlier and ran into some aberrant rats that were tough little buggers. Perhaps some aberrant  snakes and boars heck even some aberrant minks! "Hey look kill that mink we can get a good price for its hide. OMG!!What the hell!! The mink just ripped out Bob's throat! RUN!!!ITS GOT FANGS!!". ;) ;)

Good ideas, I'll look at that. I agree more things lurking about there would be better.

Aran

• Undead Master
  • Into the storm with teeth bared !
    • vikings rule
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2009, 08:33:08 AM »
killer rabbits 

and holy handgranates  :shock:

aran

Aran: Deceased......twice
Arakor: the void within that chills the heart
Markos Donarew: the broken husk
Bronk: ADHD
Marg: the silent hand that kills

Metal_ash

• Dark Lord
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2009, 09:22:09 AM »
I agree with the others here, the new marshes look great. I can also add that my first visit there i had the luck(unluck) to have a DM run the enemies there so it was rather scary.

Zedrik

• Warbird
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2009, 04:40:26 PM »
killer rabbits 

and holy handgranates  :shock:

aran

Hellrabbit base in the Ivlis Marsh...