You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: "homes" for natives  (Read 5884 times)

Maryn

• Dark Power
Re: "homes" for natives
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2009, 08:21:15 AM »
Lostsoul - hate to think of the condition of the kid after he got hit like that... but back to business...

K.I.S.S

2-3 empty usable houses in the residental and Slum areas...voila! No scripts needed, no keys.

Sure - the house may be in use, use the one next door.

Right.  :P lets not overcomplicate beautiful simplicity.

ThAnswr

• Dark Power
  • We all end up the same: Level 20 or dead.
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2009, 08:50:46 AM »
Just occurred to me that this idea is in the same line as using an Inn room. Don't know how often I've used an Inn room to have a private conversation with another character and been intruded on by a third. Usually say... "//hey the door was locked [winks].

Oh and I'll lobby for that tree house for ya too Wids  ;) :P

No-tell motel. 
Sig by Garison

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
Hunter Thompson

"Rock is overpowered, paper is just about right" - Scissors
Thanks Aahz

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2009, 08:50:59 AM »
... We've derailed from empty houses available for use to rentable homes. Sounds like private housing to me. Which will never be implemented.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 10:30:40 PM by Impotent Collateral »

Maryn

• Dark Power
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2009, 11:10:54 AM »
indeed.

edit: Not to mention, empty homes, are empty homes for native roleplay. Vallaki will still never ever rent or sell to outlanders.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 11:13:57 AM by Maryn »

Truth

• Dark Lord
    • Myspace!
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2009, 05:38:49 PM »
I think something like that should definately be done, keep it simple though
THE NATION THAT MAKES A GREAT DISTINCTION BETWEEN ITS SCHOLARS AND ITS WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS. -THUCYDIDES

Indi

• New to the Mists
  • The Order of Zarus
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2009, 02:49:47 AM »
indeed.

edit: Not to mention, empty homes, are empty homes for native roleplay. Vallaki will still never ever rent or sell to outlanders.

Even if the outlander has a massive bag of coins? Barovians arn't known for their ethical decency. They're hungry, greedy and don't mind breaking a few laws if they think they can get away wth it.

Helaman

• What the hell am I doing here?
  • Dark Power
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2009, 03:24:07 AM »
You are 100% on the money Indi but player owned housing isnt gonna happen, but Barovians do need to 'proxy' a house at times, there is a real need for that - so in order to keep it simple we are just gonna keep it at Barovians use it for RPing having a place of residence.

That said... Outlanders may also be found there - maybe the place was empty or the inhabitants hiding when the outlander scum came in.

And Otake, Wulfgang Eberhardt, Aesin, Humiko, Bonereaver, Anthrania + whatever concept I am playing with...

failed.bard

« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2009, 03:29:12 AM »
Outlanders, I'm sure, would be welcome to take up residence in some of the empty rooms in the sewers, along with the calibans and other things they consider beneath themselves.