Author Topic: Treasure Tables - Lack of Shortswords  (Read 1819 times)

Mrjunkie

• Dark Lord
Treasure Tables - Lack of Shortswords
« on: January 05, 2009, 10:24:22 AM »
Ever since i've played on Ravenloft, i've never found a fancy Shortsword.
Found a fair few Death Shards back in the day, but i've only ever had one shortsword given to me. (by a dm that is)
As it seems to me that sneaks are favoured in some ways, is this the counter measure to balance it out? Make sure that the gear they need is a rare occurance so they all go mental to outbid eachother when one does pop up?

I say chuck a few nice sneak items in there ;)

Ric

• <Insert pwnage innuendo>
  • Dark Power
  • The writer that keeps going ... And going ...
Re: Treasure Tables - Lack of Shortswords
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 11:49:15 AM »
Heh, I've found more shortswords than any other weapon type, to be honest.  A lot of good ones, though, you'll need to dig in max-spawn dungeons to find.

As for sneak items in general, it's pretty much been a bumpy ride for today's rogue.  Yesterday's rogue had access to sneak-gear that today's rogue can't get unless they get lucky enough to be handed down stuff from yesterday's, or if a DM gives them a quest to obtain such.

Jana

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 05:55:52 PM »
If there was a lack of items it'd be of handaxes. Since I started playing I've seen cold forged, silver- glided steel and a few different 'basic' ones like woodcutter's axe. Jana IC has been searching for her favored weapon for a long long time and never found anything better than the axes (silver glided steel) that Miss Grant gave her.
Jana - Red Vardo Leathercrafter
Jacho - Lich Wannabe
Fiona - Copper Smith
Janie - MIA

Mrjunkie

• Dark Lord
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 06:43:11 PM »
Even on max i havnt spotted any. Best keep looking. :oops:

Helaman

• What the hell am I doing here?
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 02:53:39 AM »
I know how you feel mate - I played Yoshinaka for 18 months before scoring a magic Katana... yet they seem to be dropping a bit in the harder dungeons... got a few PMs in the last 3 months or so saying they found them but couldn't give them/sell them to me for good IC reasons.

18 months is a long time... he was 18th level before he finally scored his (which is a hum dinger to be sure)

And Otake, Wulfgang Eberhardt, Aesin, Humiko, Bonereaver, Anthrania + whatever concept I am playing with...

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2009, 04:12:23 AM »
Just keep suggesting items and we'll get them into the loot tables in time, given that they are reasonable... :)

Rex

• Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2009, 09:23:07 AM »
Forfarian Shortsword. 335 pounds.  -3 AB.  +1d6 bashing.  Falkovnian Long Underwear.  116 pounds.  Human Only.  +20 Cold dr, +10 Antagonize, -5 Charisma, -5 Con, -5 Str. +25% damage Fire.

~Rex
Sometimes brutal violence is the only answer.

ThAnswr

• Dark Power
  • We all end up the same: Level 20 or dead.
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2009, 09:29:46 AM »
Just keep suggesting items and we'll get them into the loot tables in time, given that they are reasonable... :)

Ahhhh, Bone Phoenix or One of Many?  Too unreasonable? 
Sig by Garison

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
Hunter Thompson

"Rock is overpowered, paper is just about right" - Scissors
Thanks Aahz