Author Topic: System - Note System  (Read 2677 times)

Kilaana

• Undead Slayer
System - Note System
« on: December 30, 2008, 11:38:56 AM »
Hello, not sure if this has been covered, but I'd love to see an actual scribable note system/post office in the server. I recall a couple of such scripts floating around the NWVault, even tested out one myself in a module i made.

Thought it would add to the RP experience, wand possible expension for player written books possibility?
Sig by Blacky Rose

"She is dangerous; What will you do? ....I will make her my queen."

Rex

• Dark Power
Re: System - Note System
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 11:48:27 AM »
Always did like that.

~Rex
Sometimes brutal violence is the only answer.

failed.bard

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 12:07:05 PM »
  There are already PC written books in game.  Dribo even had Regno sign her copy of the Dogma of Zhakata that he had written.
  If your character would have means to write a book, find a DM that has the time to make it in the toolset, and PM them the title and contents.  Obviously, books that have value to the setting as a whole will be more likely to get made.

LawfulJoe

• "Evil is a thing of perception, it depends on which end of the sword you're on"
  • Dark Power
  • aka AwfulJoe
    • Joe Kellerman - Graphic Artist
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 12:10:12 PM »
Vesp showed me one I tried to get to work in our old PW... Never did, but I checked it out in the sample module, very cool and it would add to RP when you can pass a note secretly to a player, and that note is actually something that could be found, perhaps by someone who could use the note against the Character  :twisted:

Vespertilio

• Never met a Dark Lord, not a
  • Dark Power
  • We can't stop here, this is bat country!
    • Messages from Nihil
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 05:16:57 PM »
I've played a few places that implemented such a system and the rp benefits were amazing.  Certainly something that enhanced the entire server and was used by a large portion of the players, I'd also love to see something like this on PotM.  Asking a DM for a prop item is great when you can get a Dm to help out, most are very busy and have their hands full as is so it would be nice to have the freedom to scribe ic notes more spur of the moment than preplanned and arranged via a DM.

I could just run into the room and punch you in the balls; sure, that's scary. That's entertainment. But it isn't horror...

DM Macabre

• Dungeon Master
  • Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2008, 06:41:31 AM »
Just pm me or any other DM your text and if it is ok we will implement it in game as an item.

Kilaana

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2008, 10:44:47 AM »
Humm...so i guess that means no Note system?
Sig by Blacky Rose

"She is dangerous; What will you do? ....I will make her my queen."

Rex

• Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2008, 10:47:59 AM »
Humm...so i guess that means no Note system?

Rather have the note system.  I don't have much luck getting a hold of DM's even when there is a crisis, much less for something Mundane.

~Rex

Heretic

• Dungeon Master &
  • Dark Power
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2008, 10:50:46 AM »
I'd love such a system, particularly for the Verzi faction. Its been suggested before, at this point its to the developers' judgment whether we get it or not. They are usually resource intensive, hence why we do not have that yet.

You need books, notes, PM us.

Rex

• Dark Power
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2008, 11:04:55 AM »
I'd love such a system, particularly for the Verzi faction. Its been suggested before, at this point its to the developers' judgment whether we get it or not. They are usually resource intensive, hence why we do not have that yet.

You need books, notes, PM us.

Yeah they can be a bit resource intensive especially when some spaz goes note happy.  PM is the best alternative I suppose.

~Rex

Vespertilio

• Never met a Dark Lord, not a
  • Dark Power
  • We can't stop here, this is bat country!
    • Messages from Nihil
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2008, 12:28:34 PM »
As someone who has a hard time getting a hold of a DM, via PMs and often waits weeks for one to reply, I'd prefer a system that allows all players to participate equally in the creation of notes.

I could just run into the room and punch you in the balls; sure, that's scary. That's entertainment. But it isn't horror...

Rex

• Dark Power
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2008, 12:33:55 PM »
As someone who has a hard time getting a hold of a DM, via PMs and often waits weeks for one to reply, I'd prefer a system that allows all players to participate equally in the creation of notes.

Me to.  But I'd settle for weeks for a reply (try, Months as an Average).  :D  I've got some reply issue records I think that tend to make me lean towards some sort of static system over a PM's.  Still, considering it from a resource issue, I can look at it from the other perspective as well.  It's really rough for a lot of folks when you have to rely on the DM thing though so I still tend to lean that way.  maybe a touch of resource Hog, is worth it to free up DM's to actually run events as opposed to being simple mechanical functionaries.

~Rex
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 12:38:48 PM by Rex »

failed.bard

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2008, 12:42:46 PM »
  It's one of those things that may have a chance of being implimented after the server is upgraded, when resources aren't so strained already.  I've seen a few places that have it, and some that have a system that lets PCs copy books automatically as well, which would be nice.