You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Areas - Alhoon - Missing Lore Pillars?  (Read 1873 times)

kenpen

• Dark Power
Areas - Alhoon - Missing Lore Pillars?
« on: December 23, 2008, 01:19:44 PM »
It's been a bit since I bothered to check the pillars, but I was thinking the other day about the various lore places around the module and it seems to me that maybe the two lore areas that were previously in the fire dungeon have been removed? If I am misremembering, then disregard, but otherwise, it would be nice to have them back (even if it did take like a DC 60 roll to read them.) Without them, you don't really know what's happening w/ the dragon or the Alhoon. And you don't get the nifty book or portable piece of paper.

Like I said, maybe they're still there and I just don't think about them anymore.

Bad_Bud

• Developers
  • Dark Power
Re: Areas - Alhoon - Missing Lore Pillars?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 07:00:38 PM »
I havn't seen them.

Mrjunkie

• Dark Lord
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 10:09:43 AM »
Not there, was going to make a thread, typed up a long ass topic but the forum had some error so it was lost.
Its a shame they're gone, gave you a sense of what the story is really about down there.

failed.bard

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009, 02:37:38 PM »
  Would easily be explained ICly, as the alhoon finally figured out he was telling everyone his dastardly plans, and, unlike Jame Bond villains, he would prefer he didn't.

kenpen

• Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2009, 02:57:49 PM »
Don't see why he would even give a damned, since we've all known his dastardly plans for years now and everyone has still failed to stop him. :-P

Bad_Bud

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2009, 12:12:33 AM »
He just wants a friend.

HellsPanda

• Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2009, 12:14:10 PM »
we tried to stop him? thought we all where just letting him keep at it so we could sell him brains, and raid his home

Nightmare

• Squatbold
  • Dark Lord
  • Reality Unhinged
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2009, 04:49:00 PM »
Its not like the Alhoon even has a phylactery (That anyone has a chance of finding.)  Same problem with Elketh, though I suspect that the tablet in his tower might be something akin to a phylactery for him.

If one wishes to destroy a nigh immortal undead, go for the shiny bit! (sneak attacks a will-o-wisp!)

A-hem.. would be interesting to see someone actually get the Alhoon's phylactery, or Elketh's.

As for the pillars? I don't see why he would remove them. They require a lore check of some ridiculous number, and are technically written in Illithid, I think. How many people know illithid? The Alhoon wouldn't really have any reason to suspect that his plans have fallen into anyone's hands, mostly considering nobody has tried/said anything about them while being brain-munched.

Plus its kind of dangerous to just psion-blast away a pillar in the middle of a deep cavern.
"Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal..." - H.P. Lovecraft

failed.bard

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2009, 05:11:36 PM »
It was a DC 55 lore check, and they gave a sick amount of XP if you made it...   :bawling:  I miss them.