Author Topic: Crafting - Leatherworking - Sturdy leather patches  (Read 1658 times)

KoopaFanatic

• Iä! Iä! Puckwolf fhtagn!
  • Dark Lord
Crafting - Leatherworking - Sturdy leather patches
« on: December 03, 2008, 03:01:40 PM »
In a thread a few months back, Zarathustra posted:
Has any of you ever tried to boil the leather from ancient dire bears? Should produce a different result that other dire animals.

I finally managed to get enough sturdy leather patches accumulated to make an attempt today.  At the leatherworking table it just produced a normal hard boiled padded armor with the same DC as normal dire animal leather.  So no, it's not a different result from the others right now.

If it should be producing something other than hard boiled armor, then this should probably move to the bug reports forum.  If this is correct, it seems pretty odd -- the DC to make sturdy boiled leather patches is 10 higher than to make hard boiled leather patches for an identical result.  After the quote up top, I was really hoping this would turn out to be the leatherworking equivalent of steel, giving a flat +1 to AC.  Any chance this is an implementation error and that's what was intended in the first place?   ;)

kenpen

• Dark Power
Re: Crafting - Leatherworking - Sturdy leather patches
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 04:35:04 PM »
I've seen sturdy leather gloves that give a +1 deflect AC. I'm not sure if these were made with the crafting system or not.

KoopaFanatic

• Iä! Iä! Puckwolf fhtagn!
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 05:51:30 PM »
Nope, the crafting system only allows for padded, leather and studded leather armors.  Unless Uta and Aleksei have been holding out on us and keeping their more interesting patterns in some back room.

Delphinidae

• Phasing in and out of PoTM
  • Dark Power
  • My poor wererats get no love.
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 06:28:55 PM »
Those gloves used to be sold by a merchant by mistake. He was fixed.

And the whole dire hides not giving better leather patches was adressed somewhere, but not in the bug section. Might have to actually mention it as a bug.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 06:31:00 PM by Delphinidae »

Ongoing Plots
Legacy of Blood
The Eye of the McGraths

Helaman

• What the hell am I doing here?
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 10:19:10 PM »
I'd love a set of those gloves... damn!

And Otake, Wulfgang Eberhardt, Aesin, Humiko, Bonereaver, Anthrania + whatever concept I am playing with...