You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Ghakis Spider Cave - Risk vs Reward regarding treasure  (Read 1398 times)

Mrjunkie

• Dark Lord
Ghakis Spider Cave - Risk vs Reward regarding treasure
« on: November 29, 2008, 06:28:09 AM »
Just a observation, Mt Ghakis has quite tough creatures to face down but lacks in loot.
Apart from Dvergheim and the odd nice cultist spawn there is no good loot to be found further up the mountain.

Yeti's: Some blue crystal rose's, mountaineers helmets, a few frost-spell scrolls, and a minor frost trap.
Spiders: A handfull of coins.
Roaming Spirits: Cant recall but it wasnt anything that made my mouth water :roll:

But i must add that the Ghakis monsters are a true thrill, i dont care about the loot...just seeing a massive yeti leg it after me is reward enough.
For those who would like to see loot on the mountain, perhaps putting a boss or two up there to balance it out.

Budly

• Dark Power
Re: Ghakis Spider Cave - Risk vs Reward regarding treasure
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 08:11:22 AM »
I think that is damn good loot ;) Since when did spiders use coin?  :lol:

kenpen

• Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 09:16:17 AM »
The Ghakis Spider loot is broken. The chests used to give some good loot at a high spawn, but it's been screwed up since about the same time the Baratak spiders got screwed up. Baratak spiders were fixed; Ghakis ones were not. Only coins there. It's on the bug board, but hasn't been adjusted yet.

Yetis could use something a little better. And it would be nice to get a boss there. Like, a yeti pack leader or something. I think it would also be nice if the yetis looked more evil. Big teeth and mean eyes.

Cultist loot is ok.

There's not much on the mountaintop. Just good XP from the greater groaning spirits.

The entire area isn't quite complete yet, so who knows.

Corvus

• DM & DEV
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008, 08:52:15 PM »
Glad you liked it Mrjunkie. Balancing loot vs risk is never-ending really but I'm hoping that the encounters are good in themselfs. Keep in mind that XP is a reward aswell. Should we consider realism I guess there shouldnt be much loot, considering the amount of populated by humanoids is 2... 3 if you count yetis. Yetis dont produce anything but "poo" and the other two populated areas wouldnt be big manufacturers of goods.  :mrgreen:
“It is better to die for Corvus, than live for yourself!".

Playing: Lothar Breitenfeldt, Rhavin, Vincent Lycastus, Erwin Reuenthal

Rex

• Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 09:30:43 AM »
Always been kind of curious as to why so Many Spiders?  I keep looking through the Ravenloft Monster List at all the cool critters that live in caves.  Can't we stick something else out there?

~Rex
Sometimes brutal violence is the only answer.