You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Music for Vallaki Outskirts - night  (Read 3579 times)

Kilaana

• Undead Slayer
Music for Vallaki Outskirts - night
« on: December 02, 2008, 07:14:01 AM »
Hello, hope you don't mind my feedback. I've got a beef with the music used for Night-time, Vallaki Outskirts. As spent most of the time hanging around that area, I thought the music was a little jarring. i know it's meant to create suspense and hint at the danger lurking arund there, but I was hoping maybe the Dev team could replace it with something a little easier on the ears while keeping the suspense.

Thanks! :)
Sig by Blacky Rose

"She is dangerous; What will you do? ....I will make her my queen."

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
Re: Music for Vallaki Outskirts - night
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 07:26:29 AM »
[grumble grumble]

That makes my timing the music to when I appear dramatically in a terrifying fashion undoable, because that awesome climax won't be there! :P

Wids

• We don't need no stinkin' avatars!
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 09:18:08 AM »
Well, there's only so many times we can hear the theme from Bram Stoker's Dracula ramp up like that before thinking "You know, this musical arrangement is just cheesy as hell."  :P

Countess29

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008, 10:48:54 AM »
I like it personelly. I mean there is only so much music. Unless you just want to eat up alot of space on music seems silly as most players just turn it off. Or dont even downlaod the music files

Budly

• Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2008, 01:46:52 PM »
Seems I missed out on the music! Perhaps I should DL it! :)

Rex

• Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2008, 03:56:24 PM »
I keep the game music shut off actually.  Comes in handy for hearing the foot steps of sneaky people that way.

~Rex
Sometimes brutal violence is the only answer.

ThAnswr

• Dark Power
  • We all end up the same: Level 20 or dead.
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2008, 05:07:56 PM »
I keep the game music shut off actually.  Comes in handy for hearing the foot steps of sneaky people that way.

~Rex

I keep most of it shut off.  I picked and choose'd through the downloads.
Sig by Garison

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
Hunter Thompson

"Rock is overpowered, paper is just about right" - Scissors
Thanks Aahz

yakon

• Waffle Boy
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2008, 08:20:21 AM »
I never have the music on ... i play my own music on the background  :D

And when i have it on i think the music in the outskirts at day is even worse then at night  :mrgreen:

Purist

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2009, 06:31:54 PM »
There has been a update on the music files?

I remember sometime ago, music would play the entire time, nowdays, from now and then, there are long gaps of silence, and I did download all music files, well... not recently, but few some months ago!

Ryltar/ Robert Archer

• The Cult of the Morninglord
  • Dark Power
  • The Chuck Norris of RP -Eraldur
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2009, 07:04:33 PM »
along those lines whats up with the intro vid? anyone else hear a lack of music there?

Zedrik

• Warbird
  • Dark Lord
  • The Hellrabbits are watching you.
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2009, 07:08:52 PM »

I remember sometime ago, music would play the entire time, nowdays, from now and then, there are long gaps of silence, and I did download all music files, well... not recently, but few some months ago!
I've noticed this too. Large gaps of silence and the music sometimes abruptly ends for no apparent reason.
I thought it was just my dinosaur of a computer being stupid.

Warning: Don't provoke the high-level Falkovnian wizard. He bites. (And not in the good way.)

Purist

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2009, 07:20:07 PM »

I've noticed this too. Large gaps of silence and the music sometimes abruptly ends for no apparent reason.
I thought it was just my dinosaur of a computer being stupid.

No way man, music also stops here, I didn't mention that cause I thought that it'd be the time when a different music file would be played, and suposedly I wouldn't have it. Guess we've found a new problem here, Houston. Over.

Purist

• Red Academy
  • Dark Power
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2009, 07:21:09 PM »
along those lines whats up with the intro vid? anyone else hear a lack of music there?

That too, but I'm not sure if it happens all the time, but did happen to me. Now I'm not evern sure if there's a music on it... :s

Eledaar

• Undead Master
  • Who?
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2009, 08:09:33 PM »
Huh.  I'm a big fan of most everything except the music in the Blue Water (which is abysmal to listen to for more than 20 seconds), especially the title pieces from Dracula and Interview with a Vampire (forgot which area this plays in). 
-Ashan Nottiams, Mad Bastard
-Cosmin Slabu, Garda
-Grom, Rat-Eating Scumbag

Chrisman888

• The Man Of The Hour
  • Dark Power
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2009, 10:50:17 PM »
 I agree that music gets so annoying after a while. It should be changed up for such a popular place where people RP for like hours...

~ Chris
Current Characters:
- Horatiu Milosovici (Barovian)
- Garbhan Macduff (Forlon)

Vokan

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2009, 11:00:36 PM »
A lot of the music is fitting, but I wish the combat music was more thematic. It's basically immersion shattering when I'm standing, RPing with someone, and then a rat runs around the corner, and this goofy 1990's super mario music starts blasting through the speakers.

Zedrik

• Warbird
  • Dark Lord
  • The Hellrabbits are watching you.
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2009, 11:06:47 PM »
I agree that music gets so annoying after a while. It should be changed up for such a popular place where people RP for like hours...

~ Chris
I replaced the night music for the Outskirts with one of Chopin's nocturnes in violin and piano.
I also replaced the day music with one of the WC pieces.

Warning: Don't provoke the high-level Falkovnian wizard. He bites. (And not in the good way.)

Wids

• We don't need no stinkin' avatars!
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2009, 10:51:00 AM »
Huh.  I'm a big fan of most everything except the music in the Blue Water (which is abysmal to listen to for more than 20 seconds),
Yeah, "Wood Carving Partita".  It was okay in Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, but for some reason it really doesn't work so well here.   :roll:

Maybe it would sound better with a change of instrumentals...something less ear-shattering, like this keyboard's subdued tones:

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fjhKgHownos&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fjhKgHownos&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

And I can't believe that, out of all the Castlevania music on this server, Heart of Fire (either the original or the Aria of Sorrow version amalgamated with Don't Wait Until Night from Haunted Castle) didn't make the cut.  We could use a castle-type dungeon with Dracula's Castle as the theme, while we're at it.   :mrgreen:

especially the title pieces from Dracula and Interview with a Vampire (forgot which area this plays in). 
Interview With the Vampire...no, I have no idea where any such music might be in the server world.

For that matter, I'm still wondering what tune that is which plays in the Svalich Woods east of the Village during the daytime.  Anyone?  :?