Author Topic: Items - questions and suggestions  (Read 1182 times)

darkpriest

• Undead Slayer
Items - questions and suggestions
« on: December 02, 2008, 01:29:18 PM »
Hmm i am thinking if it is possible to add and tweak some items to the shops? What causes that fighters are a rare view here is the lack of proper equipment for them... for example recently i had great problems with buying bottles with holy water and actually without a help from a dm, that would be not possible to acquire.

I know that there are silver and cold iron weapons, i do not know though if there are silver coated and cold iron forged ammo types.. it would be also a nice option to allow holly water to be applicable on the melee weapons and not only be a grenade like weapon. It would be a great addition if there were different power types of items like acid flask, alchemical fire, holy water,choking powder, tanglefoot bag - so for example we would have two more tiers that would cause more dmg and would have longer durations if applied on weapons (for example tanglefoot would work for 2 rounds, basic, improved 5 rounds and mastercrafted 10 rounds.... alchemical fire would do basic 1d4 fire for 3 rounds - basic, 1d6 for 6 rounds improved and 2d4 for 10 rounds - mastercrafted if applied on weapon, and as a grenade it would be 1d6, 2d6 and 2d10 respectively). I am not sure if I've seen ammo type that could be made to fight undeads, for example a bolt that is blunt but with holy water soaked clothing around it.

Well i hope that you get the idea ;)

Delphinidae

• Phasing in and out of PoTM
  • Dark Power
  • My poor wererats get no love.
Re: Items - questions and suggestions
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 01:43:15 PM »
I know that there are silver and cold iron weapons, i do not know though if there are silver coated and cold iron forged ammo types.
(...)
I am not sure if I've seen ammo type that could be made to fight undeads, for example a bolt that is blunt but with holy water soaked clothing around it.

There are coated ammo types: silver tipped arrows and bolts. Those can be crafted. Not sure about bullets being craftable, but I've seen dungeon drops that inculde Blessed Bolts, Fire Arrows, Silver Bullets, Sunkiss Bullets (vs. undead). The holy water on a weapon sounds like a very interesting idea.

Ongoing Plots
Legacy of Blood
The Eye of the McGraths

HellsPanda

• Dark Power
Re: Items - questions and suggestions
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 04:12:54 PM »
bullets are craftable, the smith crafter sells templates