You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Creatures - New Shadow STR Drain Change  (Read 10000 times)

failed.bard

Re: Creatures - New Shadow STR Drain Change
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2008, 09:24:22 AM »
Definitely going to have to test that out.  0 stat, should = dead.

~Rex

I should note, that with the current bleeding system, it wasn't death, but down and bleeding to death, same as any instant death attack I've seen lately except implosion.

darkpriest

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2008, 09:35:21 AM »
Shouldn't the insta death ability/spell result in the actual -death- of a PC? To be honest i was surprised when once when i got -killed- by an inst death ability I didn't die, but had HP reduced to 0 bringing my PC to the bleeding to death state.

Rex

• Dark Power
« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2008, 09:36:50 AM »
Well drained to 0 and "bleeding out" is fine by me.  Gives you a spot of weakened wheezing for some cleric to come up and save you from impending doom.

I think it would be more interesting to, that if you get killed by a Shadow that the game Spawns another Shadow (you) like it's supposed do by description.

~Rex
Sometimes brutal violence is the only answer.

darkpriest

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2008, 12:28:28 PM »
drained to 0 stat is fine, but drained to 0 level is technically equal to a death spell such as finger of death and both effects should result in death, not bleeding. I concur that a single stat drained to 0 could cause bleeding effect, because you still have a few others above 0 what theoretically could constitute the situation that you still live.... well maybe con drain to 0 should equal death as well

Rex

• Dark Power
« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2008, 01:21:48 PM »
Right but it could be something related to the Bleeding Script If said Death takes you to 0 hitpoints, which turns on the bleeding.

~Rex
Sometimes brutal violence is the only answer.