Author Topic: Dwarf Mines - Deep Under the Mountain - Suggestion for new mid level area  (Read 1712 times)

failed.bard

There's an underground river on that map level, that looks as though it enters a cave.  With the extreme challenge the coal mines and alhoons lair can present on the higher spawns, I had thought it would be a good place for a mid level dungeon, possibly a variable one, based on the creatures that spawn onto that map.  The challenge would need to be slightly higher than the map outside, and I would suggest keeping the loot drops in it reasonably low still, but it would give lower level characters, especially dwarven ones, a chance to get a bit more sense of accomplishment out of a trip there.

Screenie for reference of the spot I mean:

Mrjunkie

• Dark Lord
Re: Dwarf Mines - Deep Under the Mountain - Suggestion for new mid level area
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 06:17:39 AM »
Love the idea!

Hades

• The Tyrant of the Mist
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 09:05:51 PM »
I agree!
"Alexander the Destroyer"

"In a closed society where everyone is guilty, the greatest crime is getting caught. In a world full of thieves, the greatest sin is stupidity" ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Aldabreck Stone Helm

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 03:44:08 AM »
YES YES YES!!!!!! :rock: :dancing:

Vespertilio

• Never met a Dark Lord, not a
  • Dark Power
  • We can't stop here, this is bat country!
    • Messages from Nihil
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 04:30:38 AM »
It could even be tied into an expansion of an 'inner' Ghakis cave system and lead into the upper interiors of the mountain such as connecting to some of the caves there already.  It's a location lends itself quite well to expansion and something mid level in difficulty would be very fitting indeed.

I could just run into the room and punch you in the balls; sure, that's scary. That's entertainment. But it isn't horror...

failed.bard

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 07:28:43 AM »
It could even be tied into an expansion of an 'inner' Ghakis cave system and lead into the upper interiors of the mountain such as connecting to some of the caves there already.  It's a location lends itself quite well to expansion and something mid level in difficulty would be very fitting indeed.

I like this even more.  I seem to remember finding an empty cave not too far into ghakis that had a river coming out of it.  It could be based around an underground river system.  There could even be certain areas that could only be accessed during certain seasons, either because they're flooded part of the year, or you need to cross the frozen surface of the water to reach them.

Smitehammer

• Undead Slayer
  • Frohe Weihnachten
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 08:57:51 PM »
Though that would be really really weird to go from being very VERY deep in the far south and following a river downstream to the PEAK of a mountain in the exact opposite direction.

Of course logic would dictate that this is imp[OVERRULED BY MAGIC]
Wouldn't the world be better off if we took nonsense more seriously?

KoopaFanatic

• Iä! Iä! Puckwolf fhtagn!
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 09:58:30 PM »
Or....both the river into Dvergeheim and the one flowing out of Ghakis are branches from the same source high in the mountain?