Author Topic: NPCs - Music Changing NPCs  (Read 1319 times)

kenpen

• Dark Power
NPCs - Music Changing NPCs
« on: November 13, 2008, 01:50:29 AM »
Any chance we can get a few more NPCs in random places that change the music of the room? I love the one in Blood of the Vine, but Barovia Village isn't much frequented, and I rarely get to hear the music... ;)

Maybe there's already more out there. If so, let me know.

Also, the 2nd song on the list (In Tabernasomethingor other) doesn't appear to work.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 01:53:37 AM by kenpen »

Zedrik

• Warbird
  • Dark Lord
  • The Hellrabbits are watching you.
Re: NPCs - Music Changing NPCs
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 02:22:21 AM »
Any chance we can get a few more NPCs in random places that change the music of the room? I love the one in Blood of the Vine, but Barovia Village isn't much frequented, and I rarely get to hear the music... ;)

Maybe there's already more out there. If so, let me know.

Also, the 2nd song on the list (In Tabernasomethingor other) doesn't appear to work.
They all used to work.
If I wasn't so tired, I'm take a character over there and check it out.
But I agree that it would be cool if there were more of those.
Especially some with the new music from 1.69.

Warning: Don't provoke the high-level Falkovnian wizard. He bites. (And not in the good way.)

Vespertilio

• Never met a Dark Lord, not a
  • Dark Power
  • We can't stop here, this is bat country!
    • Messages from Nihil
Re: NPCs - Music Changing NPCs
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 06:07:53 PM »
I've always hoped more inns would have this 'feature' added.  I can certainly see the Blue Water having an 'interactive bard' npc, the placeable harpist upstairs would be a good one for taking requests if they were an actual npc.

The prancing Nymph would be another likely place to me for music on request, possibly Midway's small tavern, and I've always wanted one at the Lady's Rest.

[Might also be neat if some temples had interactive npcs that allowed you to select 'prayers' or 'chant's', not music,  as a way to give pcs examples of a few of them in game.  Scripting wise if you could actually 'tell' the npc the name of a pc to 'pray for' that would insert a name in the 'prayer' (perhaps for a small 'donation fee' if applicable to that faith) well that might be more work than it's worth as an enhancement to the game but I can't help liking the idea.]

I could just run into the room and punch you in the balls; sure, that's scary. That's entertainment. But it isn't horror...