You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: Question - Is a sap a heavy weapon or a light weapon?  (Read 1728 times)

Jana

• Undead Slayer
Question - Is a sap a heavy weapon or a light weapon?
« on: November 07, 2008, 01:36:30 AM »
A sap cannot be used with weapon finesse feat.

A sap is a "small weapon" weighing only 3 pounds (a handaxe is still light and 5 is pounds each) and is bludeoning damage like a light hammer (which can be used with weapon finesse. It also can be weilded in the off-hand as a 'light' weapon as well (taking only the -2 attack pelenty.)

I understand that it is a CEP weapon and not part of the hard coded game, but I would like to suggest if its possible to include this into that feat.
Jana - Red Vardo Leathercrafter
Jacho - Lich Wannabe
Fiona - Copper Smith
Janie - MIA

Kung Fu Orc

• Supreme Overlord
  • Dark Power
  • Alchoholics Incorperated
Re: Question - Is a sap a heavy weapon or a light weapon?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 01:40:42 AM »
CEP weapon. Can't be included into the feat.

Daciana Varzaru- "If fate is a principle beyond Human comprehension which capriciously torments man, then it is karma that man confront fate with sorcery."

Chrisman888

• The Man Of The Hour
  • Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 02:13:11 AM »
Ayup, all the CEP stuff is really just for creators to make there NPC look cool.

For PC, it cannot be used in game with the feats, it sucks, but bleh...

Current Characters:
- Horatiu Milosovici (Barovian)
- Garbhan Macduff (Forlon)

Helaman

• What the hell am I doing here?
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 05:26:41 AM »
Patience - with time ALL things come...

The trident and one other weapon were recently improved so that they were moved from the CEP camp into the mainstream with all the benefits that come with it...

No idea how long it took to code that though.

Post something in the NWN2 vault - maybe the guys who fixed it will take mercy on you and Falchion users and update it.

I love Falchions but feel they got the crappy end of the stick... even with the crit hit

And Otake, Wulfgang Eberhardt, Aesin, Humiko, Bonereaver, Anthrania + whatever concept I am playing with...

Soren / Zarathustra217

• Lead director, main scripter, nutty geek, Community Council
  • Administrator
  • Dark Power
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 07:31:48 AM »
It likely won't ever happen, since there'll be no more Bioware patches - and that's really the only way to do it properly. I feel it would have been a far better approach to have these exotic weapon appearances fall into already existing groups so they would actually be useful for something, but oh well. It's not really our area. The CEP guys are responsible for this.

failed.bard

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2008, 08:30:21 AM »
There are pre-loaders that allow the CEP weapons to be used with feats, but they might not work with all the custom coding done here, and most definately wouldn't work with the character validation code.

Jana

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2008, 01:19:11 PM »
Yeah so the fact its CEP messes with it. I thought it might. Anyways thanks guys for letting me know.
Jana - Red Vardo Leathercrafter
Jacho - Lich Wannabe
Fiona - Copper Smith
Janie - MIA