Author Topic: Suggestion - Item - Placeable Light  (Read 1672 times)

Bad_Bud

• Developers
  • Dark Power
Suggestion - Item - Placeable Light
« on: September 29, 2008, 03:32:45 AM »
In many of the inn rooms, they are too dark to do anything at night.  I've had meetings before in certain rooms where people had to hold torches to see, and I had a moment where I was trying to show something to my IG spouse but I had to get her to hold a gloaming candle so we could see anything, and there's a lit wooden light fixture hanging from the ceiling in that room, yet it was pitch black!

I would like to see either placed light fixtures such as candlebras in every inn room in the server so that people can do roleplaying at night, of which the haunted inn's upstairs room with the baby cradle is a good example (though perhaps needing another candlebra), or being able to carry a candle that can be placed on the ground or tables to help light up rooms.

I would prefer a placeable/recoverable candle item over more candlebras, as I can see candlebras getting a little cluttery and annoying to implement for every room, plus candles could be placed in dark caves where people are hiding out but need to be able to see.

Helaman

• What the hell am I doing here?
  • Dark Power
Re: Suggestion - Item - Placeable Light
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 03:40:58 AM »
I like setable light sources too... it makes sense to set a lamp down and pull a shield or hold a meeting etc.

And Otake, Wulfgang Eberhardt, Aesin, Humiko, Bonereaver, Anthrania + whatever concept I am playing with...

failed.bard

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 03:49:08 AM »
I have had a dropped candle glow on the ground before, but I can't remember which character or what type.  I'll have to go through and check my characters to make sure I wasn't imagining it.

edit - I'll have to go with, I was just imagining it, for the moment.  None of the ones I checked seem to do it.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 04:13:03 AM by failed.bard »

Bad_Bud

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 08:39:12 AM »
I have had a dropped candle glow on the ground before, but I can't remember which character or what type.  I'll have to go through and check my characters to make sure I wasn't imagining it.

edit - I'll have to go with, I was just imagining it, for the moment.  None of the ones I checked seem to do it.

You sure you didn't throw a light or continual flame spell on something you had put on the ground?  It works on placeables, it might work on objects, I have no idea.

Nefensis

• MIA
  • Dark Power
  • Gaming wench )0(
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 12:04:36 PM »

You sure you didn't throw a light or continual flame spell on something you had put on the ground?  It works on placeables, it might work on objects, I have no idea.

well yeah but it works for 10 seconds -_-

Stela Cojocaru - barovian snake
Crina Ovidiu - barovian guard

Inquizitor

• Undead Slayer
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2008, 06:53:31 PM »
I would prefer that the ambient lightning of the area be increased where it makes sense.
Current Characters:
(Inactive)Alexandru Tomescu - Caliban - Misunderstood
(Inactive)Vincent "Torin" Nighthammer - Darkon - Apprentice Dwarven Defender
Erwin Alder - Falkvonian - Werner's Bodyguard

Grieyls

• Undead Master
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2008, 06:57:16 AM »
Gotta agree, was in an Inn with one of those Chandeliers hanging from the ceiling. You know the type with what 8 candles on it. Well don't know if you know but 8 candles set up high like that can light a room pretty good. Done it myself on a few occasions in the real world... Yet this Inn room was pitch black.  :?