Author Topic: I am Jeffron  (Read 12748 times)

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
Re: I am Jeffron
« Reply #75 on: March 21, 2009, 06:09:36 PM »
Jeffron looks at Sera Patton quietly, on the broken-off bridge behind Vesur's shop.

A new undead... Sera Patton. The one who sent me letters through the Dok.

A sketch is inserted, Sera in her purple and gold dress, the one with the scabbard.

She wanted to speak to me about Ciaran. Apparently, Ciaran is a "blood bag" (term used by Faucon) for her, as well as a toy for torment. She demanded that I never harm him, physically or mentally. In return, I suggested perhaps a simple role adjustment in the Test, rather than blunt exclusion. She agreed to the terms, as well as being acquaintances and fellow scholars.

A strange elf accosted us, named Tylae. A mongrel of the most archtypical design, I saw her first in the sewers, being torn apart by rats. Out of impulse, I decided to save her from the gorey fate with the Guardian.

Jeffron eyes the pile of bones in his bag with a slight grin.

In any case, I only had saved her for perhaps a future feeding, but now I feel more inclined to destroying her. She tried to spy on us, and follow us.

More later.

-the Recorder
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 09:27:34 PM by Impotent Collateral »

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #76 on: March 22, 2009, 04:59:06 PM »

Jeffron writes as he sails across the lake, his business done.

I called.. I called out to the Gulf, the Unknown, to answer my question. And the Gulf replied.

A strange being.. white, icy, wet. I could never get a good look at it.

It called itself Jeffron. This made no sense to me. In any case, it will answer the Experiment's question, if I help Du Bourg find something called "the Eye".

I... I entered into a contract with it.

-the Recorder
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 09:28:03 PM by Impotent Collateral »

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #77 on: March 23, 2009, 11:47:42 PM »
  I found Du Bourg in the outskirts, and got him to come to the Drain with me. When there, we happened upon Sera, and Ciaran. I told them to leave us for the time being, and they complied. I spoke to Du Bourg privately.

The summary of our conversation:

- Bernard does not know exactly what It is.

- Bernard does not know exactly how it got here.

- Bernard does not know what the Eye is.

- Bernard summoned the creature, accidently. This occured when he tried to open a portal the Hells. He would not say why he attempted it. Something malfuntioned, and It came through.

- It now has some control over him, and now, myself.

- We agreed to work together, to find the Eye, to free each other, in a fashion.

That is the essentials of what we said in the meeting. After, we went to the resting quarters. I rejoined Sera and Ciaran. Apparently, Ciaran and Olivia are no longer in communication, after Olivia refused his advances for the last time. Now, Sera is keeping him under control by professing to "love" him, while I know he's just her personal chew toy.

Also, Olivia has joined the Vardo. Because of this, I took Sera aside and asked her to help me. In exchange for my helping with people who know her nature, she will manipulate and plot Olivia's expulsion from the Vardo.

Things are progressing well.

-the Recorder

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #78 on: March 28, 2009, 09:40:59 AM »
Events are coming together...

I met a woman named Morrighan. She will help Sera with her task of creating Olivias fall from grace.

I met Thraxys, for the first time in some time. We spoke at Hoth's bar, like usual. We discussed his rebellious plans. Apparently, he was involved with the sinking of the Citadel. In any case, I offered more sponsorship.

We met again, later, and discussed our plans further.

He has decided to plan to blow up the Blue Water. I will help him in the doing of it, in a several ways.  I will send Ciaran to Dementlieu, to find an alchemist. He will introduce himself as the forerunner for Alistair Morgova. Once I know who the alchemist is, and where hs lives, I will find him, and deal with him for the necessary things. Thraxys wants Black Powder, and something called a "fire bomb". Once this is done, one part of my plan will be complete.

Thraxys is busy gathering bodies, for me to use in the destruction of the inn. Three bodies will be used, with bows and arrows. They will shoot anyone trying to escape the flames. To ignite the explosives, we will equip one of the corpses with arrows that are magically enhanced with fire. This will leave no traces of who started it. It will appear to be a random undead assault.

One more thing,

The destruction of the inn will be part of the Test for Olivia. It will involve her deciding what to do about it, when I tell her what will happen.

-the Recorder
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 09:39:15 PM by Impotent Collateral »

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #79 on: March 30, 2009, 11:28:12 AM »
I learned to channel more now... I can manipulate darkness easily.

While going to test out the new capabilites of the shadow magic, I found Sera and one "Eldur" on the bridge. We spoke briefly. Sera says people know of her, and want to destroy her. I will help her, as she is helping me.

-the Recorder

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #80 on: April 01, 2009, 02:36:06 PM »
I recently witnessed two fools running about west of Vallaki. It drew the ire of the higher authorities, so I interceded. After the fight, I found Morrighan. Up until now, I was not aware of any casting prowess in her, but she seems competent, enough. In any case, she says the plan will come to fruition at the Grand Vardo Market.

There is something else, as well. One "Robin" will pay me the sum of two thousand, five hundred fang, for information on the "white rat-neuri". I talked to Hoth about this. He says there is an unspoken agreement between It and the Drain inhabitants. Apparently, they stay away from each other. In any case, there is a woman (whose name is not known by Hoth) who hunts the thing. I left my name for her to be told, as well as fifty fang for Hoth's help.

More later.

-the Recorder

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #81 on: April 03, 2009, 09:20:13 PM »
Jeffron feels, for the first time since his incident with the Good Doktor Jusuf, a stretch of relief. He feels light, and easy. His Splinter is eased... He feels sane. His vision is clear, his breath easy. For now, his tremors are completely gone. He looks at Du Bourg, with the closest thing to affection he's capable of. Du Bourg, with his story, eased the mortal agony that permeates him now, moments after his relief. For now, however, he doesn't think about it. When the visceral, red pain will dig back into his soul. (RED PURPLE RED PURPLE) He thinks now, of what Bernard has told him. Such is his relief, that he cannot even conceive of rage at those who destroyed him. The Red Vardo. He writes of it:

The Red Vardo... they are the newest lead. Back in the Before, they destroyed Eawin. They killed him by sacrificing him to Chernovog, the Green God, Lord of the Verdant Chasm. There are other leads... ones Bernard will lead me to, no doubt.

Unimagined of, the Red Splinter draws near. Jeffron writes of Grimshackle, as it nears, and his new promise:

Grimshackle has very peculiar knives... ones designed to drain mortals of their very life. In any case, I will help him design a situation in which he can transfer the energy of the draining knives to a larger sword, as well as mixing that energy with that of a flaming sword. An interesting premise. This will replace the painful price of giving up valuable lore for the helm of sorcery.

The Splinter is almost touching him again, so soon after his relief, but he still has time to write easily of Tylae

The Mongrel, Tylae, will serve as my auxiliiary book keeper, in case the Darkness comes. That reminds me, that Bernard proposed that Darkness doesn't exist! Prepostrous

Before Jeffron the Recorder could finish, or even punctuate, his curse reclaimed him, destroying his reprieve. He begins shaking, more violently than ever before. For a minute, he cannot even reach for his book. Bernard stares in shock... and the Recorder does not finish his entry.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 09:32:13 PM by Impotent Collateral »

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #82 on: April 14, 2009, 10:38:28 PM »
Jeffron writes frantically, excited, enervated.

I... things are coming together.

The magus, Tom, was a friend to Eawin. He has helped me a great deal. It appears, that Eawin was a kind elf, noble and friendly. He was trustworthy, and had a good heart. This continued, until he met the Zhakatan cult. Regno, and Ry, corrupted him. Turned him away from himself. He became evil. He started killing people for the Cult, and was eventually apprehended by the local Garda. He spent time there, and from what I've been able to piece together, he was then carted to Zarcroft Asylum.

Jeffron, annoyed at his slowing hand, reinforcing his spell of speed to hasten his pen across the parchment.

At some point, during or post-release from the Asylum, Eawin was transformed into... Virgil. Little is known about Virgil, other than he was rather absent minded, and strange. In any case, Virgil was eventually sacrificed to Chernovog by the Vardo, as I noted earlier. From there, Virgil wandered as a spirit, and he eventually A portion is burned from the book here...

I am Jeffron.

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #83 on: May 10, 2009, 11:33:32 AM »
Strange occurance... I was travelling, and a fiendishly glowing horseman assailed me. After several attempts to ward him off, he charged East, to Barovia Village. I followed, and ran into Del. We hunted-

Jeffron, caught in the limbo of death, awaits his return... Nervous.

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #84 on: May 24, 2009, 05:19:19 PM »
Screaming... Jeffron hears screaming as he awakens from the black slumber of defeat. It takes him several moments, to realize that it is himself screaming. Screaming, because the terror is upon him. The Darkness... the Darkness is threatening. In a panic, he hurriedly looks for something to write on. Desperate.

Jeffron, Recorder, breathes once more.

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #85 on: May 25, 2009, 07:37:24 PM »
Jeffron the Recorder sits at the bar of the Drain.. writing.

I have become.. inflated. It is the only word that I can ascribe to this... wetness. I assume, that my body was kept underwater for some time, before I was revived. Therefore, the liquid seeped into my various humours and glands, rendering me.. moldering. I believe a few parasites are using me as a host. For now, I drip. This does not bother me... things that would set the minds of mortals afire with disgust, simply register with me and I move on. I can acknowledge and understand the distaste I elicit with my presence, but I feel no particular way about my state.

The writing here is hard.. the Recorder was not pleased in writing this passage.

I have misplaced the Records.. however, this is obvious seeing as I will no doubt have to copy this entry, and further entries if it is not found, over at a later time. Thankfully, the Darkness spared me my mind, during my repose. If I do not find the original Journal, I shall of course find Tylae. Granted that she still lives.

Until later.

-the Recorder

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #86 on: May 27, 2009, 05:55:42 PM »
Jeffron paces the Drain... writing down his latest experiences.

I met with Tom, recently. He said that he thought I were destroyed. My presence of course, rectified this error. In any case, we spoke. I discussed with him... my.. theory. I devised said theory, after speaking with Du Bourg about his latest movements concerning the Entity. He told me about the cultists, and their plans with the Rings. An interesting development.. which led me to pondering.

I believe, that beyond any doubt, beings of external and alien power are attempting to ply entrance into this world. The two beings, the one that has Bernard and I... ensared, and the ones the Cultists revere, serve as evidence enough. The intent behind this, is not clear. I was further reinforced in this idea, by Tom, without hearing my theory, that many forces are going to extraordinary lengths to secure a place in this realm. This led me to confessing my theory to him.

My current physical state has left me.. sluggish. I believe I shall attempt to employ my syringes, to draw the fluid out. Failing this... in any case.

More later.

-the Recorder

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #87 on: May 27, 2009, 06:00:14 PM »
Jeffron stares with his corpse-gaze at the two before him... Stefano and Snyde cringe.

I have made acquaintances of two mortals. One, named Anthony Stefano, and one named Denys Snyde.

They are peculiar mortals. Snyde in particular. He is fiend blooded, devil, specifically. He attempted to conceal his identity at first, then later, confessed his true name. Stefano as well.

In any case, I decided to teach them about the Undead deviation. This, of course, could very well be useful in the future, should I need someone with an understanding of my condition.

I still must devise a safe way to empty my humours and glands of this liquid...

Addendum: Must find "Tarinyar", interview about Alchemy. Will post notes around, as Alistair Morgova.

-the Recorder

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #88 on: June 03, 2009, 12:07:16 AM »

Jeffron stares coldly at his pet... Tylae. His dead brain, registers something that is a few long miles off from affection.. more of a hungry protectiveness, feral and paranoid. He begins copying the entries from his replacement book, to his true journal. Completed this, the Recorder begins making out a new copy of his Records... to be given to her, for further protection. Finally completed his tasks, he begins writing a new entry... reprising the book like an old friend meeting another... the only difference being one of the two enslaves the other, with the insidious bonding of the accursed.

Tylae has accomplished her duty. I received the Records, unmolested, from her. I am content with this arrangement.

However. I must find Del. I cannot have an extra copy existing in the world. It must be found, and destroyed.

-the Recorder

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #89 on: June 05, 2009, 06:18:07 PM »
The Drain is especially active... Surfacers are interfering.  I met Aurora, once again. She gave me a great deal of arcane scripture, and reminded me of my obligation to help her ascend into the Lich caste. I agreed. I will contact Kir'Thalax somehow.

Recently, the Morning Lord Cultists came to the Drain. I am unsure as to their motives... but I believe it may be centered around some form of treaty. The diplomat left without one of her eyes. I spoke to Knives. He's assigned me to learn about a man, Alexi. He's a Barovian Militia man. I am to learn all I can.

I met Tom. We spoke on my condition, and what I did to Nara'ia. He conceded that I am not controlled by reason, rather than my needs.

More later.

-the Recorder

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #90 on: June 06, 2009, 02:57:31 PM »
Jeffron stands before Kane, writing.

I spoke with Kir'Thalax, after he had been comfortably destroyed. I managed to elicit the Lichdom formula from him, with some lies.

I delivered the formula to Aurora in short order. She seemed pleased.

I met with the Old Man Kane, and asked him to tell me of my past. He told me nothing I haven't heard before. He revealed himself to me, as the fighter, Kane, husband to Nara'ia Goldflame. Surprisingly, he seemed rather apathetic about taking revenge upon me. He states to want "peace". I then educated him about our species. He seemed to receive the advice favourably.

I will help Kane, and he will help me. I still need to learn more about militiaman Toskalov.

-the Recorder

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #91 on: June 06, 2009, 11:49:29 PM »
Jeffron watches coldly, as the acid does its awful work on Brian Hunter's brain. He makes cool, observational notes, with a certain arcane scrutiny to all the redundant details. Frustrated from not gaining answers for Knives, the Recorder leaves without a word.

I helped Kane and a powerful caster, the "Onion Witch", destroy a cultist of Zarus who has been oppressing the Caliban species. It was a short combat. The Onion Witch paralyzed him, I conjured the Guardian to slash him, and then the Onion Witch immolated him.

We returned. A man brought a surfacer's corpse down to the Drain. I was told, that he defended Alexi in the chaos of our attack. I had him revived, by Archibald, the man who branded me with the Velsharoon symbol. I introduced him to Aurora. In any case, interrogation about Toskalov was fruitless.

I have learned that Toskalov has a significant other, named Petrova. He was (is?) involved in a feud with the Stravokovs.

More later.

-the Recorder

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #92 on: June 13, 2009, 11:01:34 PM »
Jeffron watches Ramies Radolov walk through the sewers. Coldly, and with a calculating hand, he animates a rotted corpse. He watches his reaction. Satisfied, he lets the man simmer in his own confusion. After a few moments, he calls upon the Shadow Plane to bring forth a vestige of flame. He asks the man to calmly submit. He refuses. Without emotion, he prepares a conjuration of acid around himself, and approaches him without a hint of hesitation. He grabs the man's face, and squeezes. With a sort of grim satisfaction, he steals the man's life force, withering and rotting the man's face while he still lives. After he has had his fill, he throws the man against the wall non-chalantly. He takes out his book.

It has been quite some time since my last entry. This is partly due to my large activity in collecting wealth to myself, and the risks involved only allow me to write idle notes to calm my hand. In any case, here are the more recent happenings.

It is the will of the Bosses that the Guards of the Von Zeklos Keep be brought in. I am not opposed to this and I have helped Vasile slay a few. We are currently hunting one named Meik, but Vasile said that if I am ever in a position to slay and capture one, I should waste no time in doing so. This is an easy enough task, what with my trove of arcane writings growing by the week. I visited the temple of the mad demon worshippers with a group. It was an interesting trip.. and I had a chance to glimpse the Ring that their patron uses to contact this world. It was fascinating.

I just drained some fool necromancer, and I will be satisfied for a while now.

More later.

-the Recorder

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #93 on: June 17, 2009, 02:31:21 PM »

Jeffron walks down the filthy corridors of the underworld of Vallaki, when a sudden pain grips him. He has only time to stow his book, before he collapses onto the floor. He claws into the hole in his chest, fetching the key shakily. He drops it. With his shuddering, quaking fingers he scrabbles for it, prone on the grimey floor. After a few long, arduous moments of struggle, Jeffron manages to insert the key into his mask, propping it open. Looking desperately for the source of the pain, he sticks a few thick fingers into the black crater of his skull.

What is this?! The Ssssplinter has been dormant! I-...

Jeffron lets loose a horrible, piercing scream, and claws at his head. A burning, jagged pain lances through his brain, and he writhes on the floor in agony.

I.. musssst.. FIND THEM! YESSS!

Jeffron the Recorder crawls... he crawls labouriously past Vesur, to the pier. He leaps into the sludge.. and begins to plan... and write.

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #94 on: June 17, 2009, 08:33:14 PM »
I reported what I learned about Alexi to Knives. Many things are happening. The Drain is active and dangerous. Vasile has been taken in by the guards... but was released. He was questioned about one, "Eugen", another guard. Apparently, a guardswoman named Crina has been spying in the Drain. I will capture her for Vasile. I spoke to Tom.. he seems bent on pursuing the Entity. I will pursue Crina to the best of my means... and I will bring her in.

-the Recorder

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #95 on: June 18, 2009, 06:16:41 PM »

There is never a time when the damned think what they do to leap to the next depth is wrong. The only hesitation is at the first tumble. The first slip. Once one has taken the first plunge, the slope only becomes steeper, and the path upward only becomes more treacherous. Cursed is the man who seeks to defy Death. Cursed is the man who will defy Life.

Jeffron the Recorder was twice damned. Damned to a parasitic half life, and blighted to never see the steps back to his soul. He was proverbially blinded by his very nature to spiral down into the abyss. In his last moments, his only thought was to escape.. to escape his past, even while he pursued it. It is this paradox that cursed him. The need to know of his life, but always feel the compulsion to escape it. It is this that lead to his inability... his -powerlessness,- to achieve his goals. Jeffron the Recorder found temporary relief in the screams of those he found. He found solace in knowing what he's done, no matter what it is he had to do to learn. He thought in the long term, brushing short term consequences aside as petty inconveniences.

Jeffron, who-once-was-Virgil-and-once-was-Eawin, had a few fleeting moments left, outside of his body, to observe. To watch his final judgement. He was flung into the abyss screaming for revenge. There is no comfort for the damned, but damnation.

No life beyond it, for the impotent collateral.

Chaoshawk

• Dark Power
« Reply #96 on: August 26, 2016, 02:44:00 PM »
I don't know if the author still plays, but this has been a partial inspiration for several of my monster characters and a great read in my opinion!
"In all chaos there is a cosmos, in all disorder a secret order."

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #97 on: August 26, 2016, 05:45:06 PM »
And a great MPC, one of the finest!

Vasile

« Reply #98 on: August 26, 2016, 06:32:13 PM »
I think about this character often.  :D