You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: I am Jeffron  (Read 12742 times)

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
Re: I am Jeffron
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2008, 07:15:16 PM »
I recently went into the Ghakis mountain range with the Priest and one "Vasille". There, we hunted the yeti tribe and the spiders. While doing this, I found both an interesting blade I might gift Jote with, and I grew in power. I can now animate the dead to my purposes.

-the Recorder

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2008, 10:34:48 AM »
[Jeffron walks the night, wandering the southern woods, writing unseen]

I united the Priest and Etheris. Etheris seems to like the ideas he set forth. The Priest seems happy that he now has one to control. This is good. We all spoke in the cave with the pot and books, we were interrupted by Genevieve, but I let her go after showing her a better hiding spot; apparently, she is wanted by the Garda. After I returned, Priest and Etheris finished their interview, with a few instructions that I don't care about. We decided to visit the underground vaults of the dwarves, and we took the tunnels under the woods to get there. We encountered a few large aberrations, with slashing arms and beaks. We descended deep into the mines, to find very strange, animated constructs. We couldn't handle all of them, so we returned to the caverns. I enchanted Etheris so he could leave, but he fell to a rather collosal group of slimes when I found him some time later. I dragged him to the Dawn temple, and had Izabel, one of my servants, raise him. He exited the church, I enchanted him, and we both fled to the cave.

-the Recorder

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2008, 11:35:51 PM »
I've met Nika, she gave me the blade I requested... it will certainly please Jote. I also met another undead, Hakizimana. I have yet to determine his nature, but he seems rather.. grim.  We talked, I told them about Leena. Recently, a female wight came upon me in the Balinok cave, who called herself my Queen. She named herself Leena. Apparently, she had invested in me in the Before... and I failed by forgetting her and denying her dominance. I will see how that turns out. In any case, Hakizimana led us to the "Drain", a subterranean refuge for misfits. There, he showed me to a back room, introducing me to the Collecter, a wight who seems to crave possessions. I explored the Drain, finding only filthy freaks, and I sold my various wares to him.

I later wandered the lands, (I bought another ring of lore and knowledge... I am even more expanded now) and looked for more places to turn a profit. I found nothing.

-the Recorder

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2008, 08:03:21 PM »
I visited the local Drain banker, and made a high deposit. I will entrust the money to the somewhat... shady character until he loses my trust. I then went on a trip up to the northern mountains, and encountered  a few new varieties of giant spider. Their ecology is rather fascinating.

[a detailed diagram of the Spider Queen is provided, with a strip of its rubbery flesh pinned to the page]

I returned, and waited for the banker to open.

In the meanwhile, I developed this alias for my various needs to deal with mortals through correspondance and such.

Alistair Morgova

Wealthy Mordentish merchant specializing in chemical products. Only child, antisocial, misanthropic.

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2008, 09:28:56 PM »
I had an interesting encounter just now... two human men attempted to assassinate me. They lured me with a tale of a treasure protected by runes. This got me curious.... I followed them to the main sewers, where after a few clumsily handled attempts to do business, I discovered their true intents. I gave them plenty of chances to run, as killing is rather inconvenient to maintaining a low profile.

Their names were Alexander Silvanus, and Josiba Raimun Inigera.

Josiba is a fat, filthy man who wields his axe feebly. Silvanus evidently has arcane talent, and can handle a blade with some mediocre skill. After they refused to let up I swatted out their lives with the Energy and a summoned brother.

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2008, 07:50:29 PM »
I met the alchemist to refine the opium.. Rilian Val'Morrison. He is an arrogant Doctor who has skills in the arcane. I...

[a whole line here is violently scratched out]

Azerdran called me to the Laboratory east of the lake, I arrived, and met Nika and Brother Azerdran himself. Some mortal body of a man named Nic was there. I remember him, because I turned him invisible when the Garda was going to apprehend him... evidently my actions got him in trouble. In any case, he seeks to destroy the Garda, and as such Azerdran invited him to our family. He accepted, and alllowed Nika to feed on him before I turned him. I kept his heart for experimentation.

More later on this.

-the Recorder

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2008, 11:41:36 PM »
The new Brother's name is Domitian. He is still adjusting to the existance of our kind. He asked me where he could sleep... this begged the question, how can he possibly sleep? In any case, he should be fully integrated into our society soon enough.

I have met a strange little being, who calls himself, simply, Rat man. He is a small caliban, who seems to enjoy eating rats. He is easily manipulated, his desires based on simple things, easily strung along in front of him like a carrot to a Barovian. I will add him to the Experiment, no doubt. He will serve as good fodder, as well as a (hopefully) loyal servant.

I spoke to Saoire, and I have detailed her current state in the Dossier. Something that concerns me, is that she now knows my true name. A woman named Stela told her. I will have to inquire into this.

I have given Jote his kingly gift, the magical rapier. It is an artifact of some power, and he seems to recognize its worth. I have ordered two more doses of the Hazlani cut, he will do this happily.

More later.

-the Recorder
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 09:04:28 PM by Impotent Collateral »

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2008, 11:38:10 AM »
I have met the Priest, again. He asked me to watch for things of interest to his cult, and I agreed, if he obtains ten gold plated fountain pens, and five top-grade record-keeping journals. This shall be a rather mutual benefit deal.

I found Saoire talking to the female mage. I lured her outside, and took her walking east, to Barovia. On the way, I glimpsed the two Ezrite templars... needless to say I hid. I found Saoire running after, I enchanted her and bid her farewell, telling her to run to safety.

I am now encountering a Brother, without a name.

[a sketch of Okaris is inserted]

He seems to know something of my past... apparently I was planning to bring the soul of his "mentor", Lilitu, back from the grave. He mentioned two other undead of the Brotherhood. Xan'Drak, and Kar'uk. I'll have to meet them soon.

-the Recorder

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2008, 06:03:50 PM »
I have met a dark elf vampire, named Del.

[inserts a detailed portrait of Drisinil]

She will use her powers for me, with repayment of gear, among other things.

I plan to use her to control the subject for Jusuf, so I can innoculate him or her with the refined Opium.

-the Recorder

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2008, 11:41:36 PM »
I have made an incredible breakthrough on my past. [the words are scribed hastily, with excitement, the letters shaped happily]

I now know much more about Virgil... or should I say Eawin? I met a strange small man... named Lemmy. He told me many things. He knew me in the abyss of my past... he has pointed teeth... but he is mortal. He is strangely capable of jumping in and out of the darkness... a queer, yet useful ability.

There was a time Before Virgil... a time when he was Eawin. He was friends with Regno, Ry's brother. He was a cannibalistic Zhakatan. He was eventually incarcerated in the jail, then sent to Zarcroft Asylum. There, the Doctor tried to save him from himself, to cure his cannibalism... and he was released with a new name, a new identity, the masked Virgil. I will have to make many inquiries... but first I must use Lemmy to the full extent. I asked him to obtain the full files involving Eawin and Virgil... he demanded an artifact in return. It is called the Belt of the Wraith, a girdle that makes one more difficulty perceived. I presume that it is quite rare, and I shall pay dearly for one.

In return, Lemmy will get me as much of my past for me as he can.

I must, must do this... or suffer this itch until I find a new lead.

Oh, and...

Doctor Zarcroft will have a very curious visitor, at some point.

-the Recorder
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 09:06:59 PM by Impotent Collateral »

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2008, 09:26:06 PM »
I recently met a necromancer, whose name I never learned. He has apparently been petitioning for contact with the undead for some time. He asked to become an associate to the Brotherhood.. I plainly refused, as his dreams visibly exceeded his means. I fed off of him, and sent him on his way.

I recently encountered an undead, whose name I didn't learn, either.

[a half complete sketch of Dominika with a big tear through it is put here]

She was arrogant, angry, and evasive in her manner of speaking. She had glowing eyes under her cowl. After she realized my arcane powers, she asked me to corrupt holy items for mere trinkets. I plainly refused.

She will apparently find another mage to do it.

-the Recorder

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2008, 08:46:24 PM »
I met Thraxys in the Drain pub. He has maid progress in his vendetta.. he was apparently responsible for the slum fire. I have offered three thousand more fang to him. He is saving for the Black Powder. While we were discussing sums, a stranger arrived in the Drain; I demanded to know his name, but he spurned me.

[a very rough sketch of Ragdug Vorahn is placed here]

He took Thraxys aside, and apparently admitted to being in opposition to the Garda, as well. He told Thraxys that, in order to prove himself, he needed to kill a guard.

Thraxys agreed.

I asked him why he hates the Garda so... and I was given a long story, involving a love affair of his, one "Trish".

Apparently, Trish was captured, murdered, raised, then tortured by the Vardo.

Then, when Trish went to the guard, they tortured her.

She made Thraxys swear to not take his revenge.

Then...

Apparently one "Gavril" beat Thraxys to the ground.

This triggered his vendetta.

I've told him a few things about my life.

In any case, more later.

-the Recorder

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2008, 09:35:34 PM »
I have just met a Vrolok outside the Drain.. he was attempting to enter, and I helped him in. I am talking with him

[the next few lines are savagely scratched and torn...]

STOP IT!

[more incoherant scribbles... until:]

Something terrible has happened.

I...

[Jeffron pauses, his claws shuddering uncontrollably as they leave their task. He recalls that dread nightmare...]

I remember... a bed. The bed was... was flanked by two crackling gemstones and.. impossible devices. To the right.. a dread lever. I knew its purpose the moment I saw it.. and that made it all the more awful. It was an electrocuting device. A machine only conjured by a convoluted, brilliant mind. A dark device never meant to be conceived.

I remember.. a chair. And myself.. sitting in it. A man stood before my other self... and.. he tried to comfort me... and began mutilating me.

[more lines are angrily scribbled out]

There was one more thing...

A man, with a white moustache and a ponytail.

He...

He...

[the entry ends here]

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2008, 07:52:23 PM »
I met the idiot necromancer on the road, again. I have decided to give him a second chance, in the way that he must collect a scrag's thigh bone to prove himself. I doubt he will succeed.

Over the past few hours, I keep seeing that damned mage Dir'Elimion or some such.

In any case, I eventually spoke with him, and we descended into the depths of the crypts of the Sun Kissers.

We parted ways... and I heard a peculiar crawling sound in the sewers. I followed it to the slums bilge, but lost it.

-the Recorder

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2008, 03:06:27 PM »
I met the Priest on the Mountain. We explored for some time, hunting, and I told him the truth of my identity. He, for a while, was plainly shocked. We continued hunting, and when we were done (I found a rather useful brooch, and a scroll of raising) we talked in the abandoned mine at the base of Mt. Ghakis. There, we discussed my past. In trade for my current name, he told me his name was Ry.

He seems very much fixated on finding Regno. He seems worried that Zhakata will destroy everything, because he has not been fed enough. In any case, I agreed to help him locate him, or in the case of his death, summon his immortal soul. In trade, Ry will give whatever I need to me, and a detailed account of my past. From what I gathered in a round-about fashion, Eawin was impatient, and edgy.

More later.

-the Recorder

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2008, 09:51:17 PM »
I encountered Lorcan north of the Lake, and he offered his life for hers. I plainly refused, as destroying him would go against the purpose of the Experiment. I tormented him for a while, and left.

Later, I found myself watching Saoire. That meddling dwarf, Teli, consistantly managed to foil any of my advances... in punishment, I eventually set the skeleton on him; it nearly killed him before being brought down by a mob of fighters. After this, Saoire ran west, screaming my name. I told her to go to the Laboratory, and I lied in wait along the north shore. There, I stopped her, and talked to her. She asked me to stop hurting her friends, in exchange for her complete obedience. When I told her I planned to torture Teli, she drew her sword, and threatened to either kill me or her. I accepted the challenge, and drained most of her life force. I left her to live.

-the Recorder

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2008, 04:48:06 PM »
I recently encountered a warrior named Laylynn Ravenkin. She was fighting the mindless undead under the Sunkisser's lodge, and I watched her for a time, before re-animating a few of the dead she slew. She endured two of my skeletons, before she was very badly wounded. I was interested in feeding off her, so I called off the second in time for her to survive. I watched her for a time, and eventually revealed myself. From what I gathered from our conversation (which was remarkably civil, concerning my evident nature) she was a servant of the "Queen" Leena. She gave Leena items, in exchange for information. A rather interesting thing to know, I thought.

Later, near the Vistani camp, I encountered a man named Lord Notton. I asked him my question, and he said I was cursed. I promptly fed off him, and left.

-the Recorder

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2008, 08:03:04 PM »
I was wandering the mountains, and I walked into the cave in the ravine. I found Kheserthorpe, and a female undead with him. I later found out that she was formerly the Ancient's Sun, and now is called the Moon. Her real name is Thalia. She was somehow guided by Lilitu's soul to some sort of threshold, and became as myself.

When I asked her why she became this way, she told me that she wishes to destroy lovers. This is somewhat of a trend in my breed of the deathless, having a specific thing that drives them to unlife.

-the Recorder

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2008, 07:36:43 PM »
I helped Thalia with her particular Splinter. I showed her to Logan and Falon. She needs them captured for sort of "Game". This will be interesting to observe.

-the Recorder

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2008, 10:05:42 PM »
I found Thalia in the Drain a while ago. I spoke with her for a time. She expressed interest in the Laboratory, so I brought her there and brought her on a tour.

-the Recorder

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2008, 08:20:14 PM »
I heard commotion from above the sewers.. sound carries nicely down here.

I followed them up. I found Leena, being chased by a few mortals. I helped her eventually. As if fate played a hand, itself, I met Ry and Leena on the road. Leena was chasing down a nature witch, Ry was watching. I tried to subdue the druid, but was interrupted by a priest. In any case, I led them to the cave in the mountains.

We spoke.

Leena knew about Eawin and Virgil.

She repeated much the same as Lemmy did, but she seems to think Virgil was human. This may or may not be true.

I asked her to record all she knew of him, but she will not until I settle the "score". She still insists I lost her weapons and broke some "oath".
I will repay this by arranging a meeting with Azerdran (the nature of which was never defined, so I can exploit this to my advantage), and also the ransom of Falon for the blade of Logan.

-the Recorder

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2008, 10:28:38 AM »
Met with Saoire, more in the Dossier.

-the Recorder

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2008, 01:15:33 PM »
I met with Leena on the road. She was hunting the living, in her normal undisciplined manner. I helped her try to bring down the monk, Bolo, but he defeated us. We retreated to the Drain, where Thalia and Alex met us.

We spoke. Apparently, Thalia was the source of the conflagration of the orchard.

Alex has not found his goal, that "Isu".

I introduced the three, Leena, Thalia, and Alex.

Our numbers are growing.

-the Recorder

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2008, 09:17:02 PM »
There are four new official members of our Family.

Yves,
Faucon,
Thalia,
And Leena.

We are a force to be reckoned with.

-the Recorder
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 10:26:06 PM by Impotent Collateral »

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2008, 10:14:19 PM »
[Jeffron the Recorder stares at Bernard Du Bourg]

I have met Ry's potential initiate. He wants the power the cult promises, the fool.

He knew I was the Recorder, and he has been seeking me. He wants to work with me, to unlock the mind. I am not prone to believe this story.

He has demonstrated that he is trustable.. for now.

More to come.

-the Recorder