You have been taken by the Mists

Author Topic: I am Jeffron  (Read 12747 times)

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
I am Jeffron
« on: October 21, 2008, 09:03:59 PM »
(( The information recorded here is non-public. Any use without express permission with RP backing will be counted as meta-gaming. Thank you folks! :) ))

[Jeffron writes this down quickly, in a blank journal]

I am Jeffron. I'm a wight. I don't know where I'm from, or how Kheserthorpe (some other undead) knows me. I only remember one thing: Green flames on a black night.

[left unsigned]
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 10:31:09 PM by Impotent Collateral »

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
Re: I am Jeffron
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 07:03:00 PM »
I have made a mortal acquaintance, [Jeffron writes, while watching Kriegvogel quietly] a human magus by the name of Kriegvogel. He seems to tolerate my experimentation, and he is very morally fluid. He carries a foreign accent, and he is fairly skilled in the Powers. I will continue to meet with him.

I have begun experimentation on one "Sao".

More on her in my experimentation dossier.. Yes..

-Jeffron
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 08:55:55 PM by Impotent Collateral »

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 07:28:24 PM »
[these notes were jotted while Jeffron listened to Werner Kriegvogel speak of his life and nation]

Falkovnia:

A country with many ministries, ruled by one "Drakov". It has a Magic Ministry, which concerns itself with artifacts and spellcraft in general. The country takes children from orphanages to feed its ministry with members.

Kriegvogel:

Magus, human, Falkovnian.
Born in an orphanage.
Falkovnian Ministry of Magic took him from it when he was fourteen.
He dislikes introspection.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 07:31:21 PM by Impotent Collateral »

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 09:34:29 PM »
[scribbled frantically in the same sepulchre that he talked to Kriegvogel in]

I've met my maker. She's short, wears a pure blue outfit... she's strange. She says I'm a thief, and that I stole her crown and ring finger off... a skeleton hand. I think she's nuts. She put the runes on me that bind me never to think of her or speak of her. Her name is Gisselle.

Before becoming... this way, I was an elf named Virgil.

Azerdran, is apparently mentioned in various dark rituals.

I am just meeting now one.. "Forsaken".

She yelled at me, so I tore her enchantments off. Then she stormed off.

-Jeffron

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2008, 10:05:23 PM »
[walking around the Outskirts, Jeffron writes]

I'm watching Saoire... we will meet. I glimpsed a black cloaked magus running through the night. A halfling is getting in the way of speaking with Saoire. A strange troll-thing was seen charging through the night... after a green garbed archer. The outskirts are very active. I made her invisible, and led her to the green ritual area with the rock formations.

I questioned Saoire on her state of mind and well-being. A friend of hers may be dead. She is upset about this. Upon arriving in Barovia, the friend, Lorcan, has become mean, and distant. She thinks he may be cursed somehow. More research will go into this. I have threatened Sao with killing Lorcan. She reacts negatively to this.

Saoire reacts negatively to viewing my form.

Saoire asked me about this journal. I told her that I keep it to remember, and that I am forgetful.

More later.

-Jeffron
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 12:28:51 AM by Impotent Collateral »

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2008, 12:31:02 AM »
[Jeffron wrote this after sneaking a very long way]

I met with a woman caster, she is a guardian of Saoire, the Experiment. I should be very careful in my roamings, to avoid her. She is incredibly dangerous.

-Jeffron

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2008, 02:42:12 PM »
I met Lorcan, Saoire's friend.

I asked him questions, he decided to attack.

I summoned the Shadow dog, and it handled him easily.

I will keep the Hound in reserve, in case he hunts me.

He survived bleeding, and I left.

-Jeffron

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2008, 07:21:09 PM »
[Jeffron sits in the normally quiet sepulchre, reclining on a tomb, and writes]

I captured Lorcan.

I brought him to the Laboratory, and performed an arcane ritual to resurrect him. He displayed arrogance even after a death. He even attempted to escape. I caught him, then dragged him to a cell, throwing him in. I tortured him for a while, having him fight the Shadow Hound, but I heard a great cacophony from the main lab. A fiend had used my ritual site, and entered the lab. I approached it respectfully, but I was tossed across the room. When I was able to rest long enough to move, I found Lorcan gone. I suspect the fiend, in a mad rage, took him somewhere. The demon was huge, transparent, with a green body, red wings, a red tail, and a great crimson trident.

I will see about capturing both Saoire and Lorcan together, to perform the Phase One Test.

-the Recorder

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2008, 09:44:04 PM »
[Jeffron sits in a small wooded area, writing carefully, the leaves blocking the rain from the precious inked pages]

I twice encountered a weak minded woman, dressed in black and purple. Her name is Genevieve Von Drak. She will serve as my minion, as my conduit. She discovered the following facts about my former self:

Virgil was a strange elf, who always wore a mask, and had a habit of talking to himself. He often carried a bow around with him. He was an odd elf, that many thought a little mad.

More to come, when I find the sources of Genevieve's information.

-the Recorder

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2008, 10:47:48 PM »
[Jeffron sits in the caves beneath the western farms, and writes]

I have found a test subject to work on while I wait to see Saoire again. Her name is Falon.  I tried a new method of attrition:

I lured her to the green lit circle south of the beetle warrens, and then shoved my dagger through her right eye, into her brain. Then, I put my claw into the wound, and withered half of her face.

I will find her later, and interview her on the results, and whether or not she can remember, if so, how much.

-the Recorder

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2008, 08:42:10 PM »
[Jeffron stands back from the cell containing Lorcan, watching carefully]

Something fascinating is taking place; the cell containing Subject 2 has some sort of creature underneath the sewer grate. It is trying to breach it, to get to Lorcan, presumably. Lorcan displays fear as well as resentment towards me. I continued to mentally assault his tolerance to repetition and bullying. He has not broken yet.

-the Recorder

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2008, 06:01:14 PM »
[Jeffron surfaces on an islet in the middle of Lake Zarovich, fishing out his waterproofed, leatherbound journal, and begins to write]

I encountered a woman caster, she pursued me with a blade to the lake, where I fled by jumping in, and not resurfacing until now. Earlier, I failed to manipulate one of those blasted Wolff's. I misjudged the familiar status of the woman Wolff, who is not a sibling but a spouse, or cousin, or somesuch.

The Experiment last night was a failure... [there are a few attempts at describing it, all of which are scribbled fervently out]

I will elaborate on that in the Dossier.

-the Recorder

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2008, 07:52:30 PM »
[Jeffron sits behind a gravestone in the graveyard in the backyard of the Sanctuary of the Coming Dawn, writing unseen]

I found another accomplice for the Experiment. A roguish man named Jote Bassag. He will help add to the psychological attrition, through inducing paranoia.

He will utter the phrase,

"We are all part of the Experiment, Saoire."

and walk away, denying ever saying it.

I will pay him with a suit of quality studded leathers.

-the Recorder

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2008, 06:43:02 PM »
[Jeffron reclines in the Sepulchre, writing carefully with his grey eyes tracking the ink as it tells his tale]

I've found a scientist willing to educate me on the human brain. His name is Jusuf Hakiam. He seems a bit off, in the mind, from a far away land. He has a large ego, referring to himself as "the great Jusuf". He takes his talents seriously, and thinks the brain a simple matter. He has agreed to teach me, after much haggling of the macabre variety, if I can provide the education subject, as well as ten fresh corpses over ten weeks, unscathed.

This will propel Phase Two to its completion, after I learn enough.

I have met another living consort. His name is Graven Wolff. He will help me obtain the test subject for my education, under pain of losing his family to me.

I should probably look into getting Jote's quality leathers, soon, else he may expose me, or worse.

-the Recorder

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2008, 07:29:27 PM »
[Jeffron sits at the bottom of the decrepit well on the bridge, surrounded by the filth of the clean ones asleep above]

I have made a breakthrough in discovering my old self.

I have a new lead, a mortal named Mariska.

I will pursue her actively now.

-the Recorder

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2008, 10:07:38 PM »
[Jeffron wanders the sewers, holding his book steadily up, writing]

I met an elf named Thraxys. He is a stealthly man of small proportion (yet I was able to detect him trying to traipse unheard from the sewer warren). He seems to have a strange acceptance of the walking dead. He apparently interacted a fair deal with necromancers in his past. He has plans revolving around usurping the Vallaki Guards, which I am mentoring him on. I recommended he either seek out the rebels against the Count, or pose as an alchemist and order black powder. He now plans to use the powder to perhaps destroy the foundations of the Guards, to shake their faith and kill many. He seems resentful of descending to moral depths... but he probably will, as he has no other real choice.

More later.

-the Recorder

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2008, 06:13:42 PM »
[Jeffron stands before Etheris, writing, listening]

I have involved myself in a bit of quarrel between two mortals. Their names are Etheris and Jerrus. Jerrus is an arrogant, presumptious militia member, seeking to kill [Jeffron pauses, flinging two globs of acid at Etheris in frustration] Etheris, for some unknown reason. Etheris likewise wants Jerrus dead. I will untangle these events in a seperate dossier on the whole thing.

-the Recorder

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2008, 11:46:40 PM »
[this report is inserted carefully into a few pages back, behind the more recent write ups]

I have met a man named Graven "Gravy" Wolff. He is a member of three relatives under the Wolff name. I will use him as an accomplice for getting the "raw materials" for Jusuf. More on his role in the Dossier.

-the Recorder

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2008, 09:30:50 PM »
[Jeffron paces about the other sepulchre, with the armor, staring at Jote and writing]

I have met my minion, Jote, and tendered to him the sum of near two thousand fangs. He accepted this as payment.

He revealed to me an artifact, a ring that expands upon the mind. I will amass five thousand fang to pay him with, for a set of two rings. I will probably need several trips to the spider warrens on the mountain to collect so many coins.

Jote is offering to be an informant to me. Apparently, he has mages following him.  He is being accosted by a magus's familiar, a raven. He wants me to put a stop to it. He offers a ring to me in exchange. Jote is asking me about Saoire, and if I am done with her. I think he may want me to stop. He has offered a lore ring in exchange for her freedom. I have said no. Furthermore, he wishes Saoire for a mate. I said he may, under the condition that he remain emotionally detached, and that the experiment would continue full force. When I mentioned the latter he [scribbles taint the page, Jeffron shudders in surprise] Something... strange has occured. An Ancient Dead entered the sepulchre, and demanded that Jote leave. I expelled him, and it told me it was Sekupah, servant of the Lord Azerdran. I remember Kheserthorpe mentioning him. I will meet them at the Balinok cave.

[Jeffron runs to the cave, unseen. As he runs, calming, he writes as well,]

Jote seems to wish the Experiment to end on Saoire. More on that, later.

[Jeffron enters the cave in the mountains, Sekupah greets him]

I am meeting Azerdran soon.

Azerdran just arrived. From what I can tell, he is an undead eye tyrant. He claims I was a member of a family, whose home was destroyed. The family, I assume, is a family of undead. Azerdran offered me a place in the Family. I am asking him about my current experiments and such. Apparently, as long as I don't betray this, "Family", I can continue along with my plans. I will join. A sister member of the Family will be arriving shortly. Or not... Azerdran will tell me later.

-the Recorder

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2008, 07:43:03 PM »
I met Jote, again... and I purchased the ring. I still need another one, but from what I've observed... my ability for memory and scribing has increased a great deal. I feel... more lucid, more accurate. I can record and memorize facts almost upon viewing them.

[Jeffron pauses, and ogles his bauble, slipping it carefully back onto a spindly claw]

I must have another, or I will feel incomplete. Jote said that he is close to obtaining the narcotic I need, the Hazlani Opium. Before using it on true victims, I will capture someone and innoculate them, to make sure of its potency.

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2008, 09:41:08 PM »
[Jeffron sits on an islet in the middle of the lake in the wooded area south of Vallaki, writing]

A break through on Virgil... I recently talked to the lead, Mariska. She is a native woman, from what I can tell, who knew of Virgil and who knew him. I have compiled a list of new leads.

Virgil's mask was made of black cloth, and he never returned it. He apparently had the habit of shifting his eyes and looking everywhere in his field of vision, as if searching for something. He was thin, and pale. He had few friends of note, as he always seemed to wander. Apparently, he went between living in the Ezrite and Morninglord chapels. This may be an indicator of poverty.

The new leads are as follows:

Nara'ia
Corvin
Jack
Jinx
Teli
Chrio
Kane
Ileanna
Bolson
Lemmy
Bolo
Lucian
Nell
Deneve
Yvonne
Ain'a
Ana
Soren
Ariana
Kayumi
Jeggred
Calor
Rane

I will try to follow up on these mortals, and select an adequate candidate for interrogation. Use of the Hazlani Opium may be called for.

-the Recorder

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2008, 09:43:28 AM »
[Jeffron runs down the mountain side of Mount Baratak, writing]

I've uncovered a rather astonishing artifact! It is an ankh of some desert god of knowledge. It further expands on my recording abilities! A true treasure indeed.

-the Recorder

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2008, 12:00:24 PM »
[Jeffron paces around the Balinok sanctuary, writing]

I'm having a peculiar encounter with a currently nameless Zhakatan "Priest". I so style the title, since everything about the man cries of a wizard or sorcerer like myself. He carried about with him dweomers of invisibility, blocking, mental security from the pure of heart, and a layer of stone skin.

I told him about Etheris, and I offered him as a servant, if he would give me boon in return. I'll add an entry in the Dossier about this "Priest".

-the Recorder

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2008, 12:04:03 PM »
[Jeffron stares at yet another wizard, who he happened upon on the road]

I happened upon a mage I met on the road north.

He calls himself Dire. I shall see about meeting him later.

-the Recorder

Impotent Collateral

• Watching
  • Undead Master
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2008, 12:23:01 PM »
Jote has a great deal of information for me.

Apparently, the Vardo and the Anchorites are joining forces.

The Vardo is paying for information on the identity of the one who made an example out of Teli.

The Opium I requested is in Vallaki, pending purchase. It will cost two thousand fang.

Saoire's mental health is failing her. More in the Dossier.

-the Recorder