Author Topic: Items - Vampire Hearts: Restoration Potions? blaaaaah  (Read 3484 times)

kenpen

• Dark Power
Items - Vampire Hearts: Restoration Potions? blaaaaah
« on: October 05, 2008, 03:17:56 PM »
You have to kill ten elite vampires, not necessarily an easy task - made harder by the fact that elite vampires are fairly rare since the vampires stay pretty heavily farmed. When you turn them in, you get in exchange.... one restoration potion. Not really terribly useful in a pinch. I collected all these hearts, thinking I would get a potion of heal. :-P

And, then I promptly forgot about it for months, until someone mentioned it to me again today.

Considering the number of elites you've got to kill, restoration seems a paltry trade and not worth time or effort.

Fungal Artillery

• Undead Master
Re: Items - Vampire Hearts: Restoration Potions? blaaaaah
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 04:12:32 PM »
Remember that restoration cures all sorts of ill effects.  Including  level drain and such. Even blindness.

I can see that it's a poor trade nevertheless.
"A man in a robe, claiming communion with the divine? Madness." - Narrator, Darkest Dungeon

kenpen

• Dark Power
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 04:18:56 PM »
Eh. Most creatures don't effectively level or ability drain. And, lesser restoration cures a lot of the affects anyway. You're usually heading to a priest to get anything else cured at the end of a long slug, so it seems a lot more useful to have healing, so you don't actually die before the end of a battle. Not a huge deal, just doesn't seem to be worth all the effort of fighting your way through a dungeon of HiPSters that take forever to bring down.

Kung Fu Orc

• Supreme Overlord
  • Dark Power
  • Alchoholics Incorperated
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 04:22:45 PM »
Restore potions sound pretty useful for me. lesser restore doesn't give back level drain, neg energy traps and some monsters like Slaughter Wights drain levels.

Daciana Varzaru- "If fate is a principle beyond Human comprehension which capriciously torments man, then it is karma that man confront fate with sorcery."

Kung Fu Orc

• Supreme Overlord
  • Dark Power
  • Alchoholics Incorperated
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2008, 04:23:05 PM »
Maybe if she gave you 2 or 3 potions though.

Daciana Varzaru- "If fate is a principle beyond Human comprehension which capriciously torments man, then it is karma that man confront fate with sorcery."

kenpen

• Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2008, 04:26:02 PM »
Yah. Maybe 1 restore for 5 hearts.

Bad_Bud

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2008, 09:59:18 PM »
I thought hearts were greater restore.  5 fangs gets you a regular restore, so I don't see why 10 hearts would get you a regular restore as well.  I think I'm confused, please clarify...

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2008, 10:06:24 PM »
Weird, it should give you cure critical wound potions..and for five hearts, not ten.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 10:09:35 PM by EO »

kenpen

• Dark Power
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2008, 10:43:20 PM »
Dunno. Last time I checked, it was restore potions. Big bright SHINY ones! Granted, that was probably three or four weeks ago. I'll go kill 10 and try again.

Bad_Bud

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2008, 01:23:22 AM »
Dunno. Last time I checked, it was restore potions. Big bright SHINY ones! Granted, that was probably three or four weeks ago. I'll go kill 10 and try again.

EO could easily check it...

failed.bard

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2008, 01:26:18 AM »
I'm sure it was five and five, and I think it is cure crits for the hearts, and restores for the fangs.  Wil gave all his fangs to Nara yesterday, so Puckwolf should know what it gets you.

Bad_Bud

• Developers
  • Dark Power
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2008, 02:09:01 AM »
I know the fangs are definately restores.

kenpen

• Dark Power
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2008, 02:10:46 AM »
Eh. Alright, someone was kind enough to kill a bunch of elites and leave the hearts outside the vamp lair. I took 6 to the woman. She removed 5 through the dialogue and then gave me.... nothing. Nothing new given to me in the inventory box. Nothing new showed up in my inventory. So, the mystery continues...

EO

• Assistant Head DM/Developer
  • Head DMs
  • Dark Power
  • The one and only, the one everyone wants to be!
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2008, 02:12:22 AM »
Yeah, that's a bug I've been aware of for a while; it's going to be fixed whenever I send in my next update to Soren. The potion that was given was accidentally removed from the palette.

Ciaran999

• Undead Master
  • Death is stronger than all proud men
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2008, 11:56:43 AM »
Is that what their hearts are for? I'm glad I kept the elite vampire heart I got in the outskirts after landing a well-timed Smite on one of the elites that accompanied White Face in the attack on the Outskirts a couple of weeks ago. :)

Looks like I'll have to hold on to it for a while longer.
Dramatis Personæ:

Thanks to emptyanima for the marvelous siggies!
Damiana Mavra | Erebeth Moravec | Sighildr Rødsävrd | Ravenna Varkath