Author Topic: Crafting - Devil Horn bow  (Read 2639 times)

Lyrithean

• Dark Lord
Crafting - Devil Horn bow
« on: September 26, 2008, 01:29:15 PM »
Lyr just acquired his first Devil horn bow and quite frankly a little disappointed.

Considering what you have to kill to get Devil horns, combined with apparently it's the only creature that drops them AND the required DC to craft the bow the results were a little.. underwhelming. I was expecting at least a +2 bonus for the bow considering what you have to go through to get it.

Nefensis

• MIA
  • Dark Power
  • Gaming wench )0(
Re: Crafting - Devil Horn bow
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 04:51:39 PM »
I was hoping a +2 vs outsiders to be honest, just like cold forged weapons, cause once again, the cold forged arrows does shit unless you have a +1 bow

Stela Cojocaru - barovian snake
Crina Ovidiu - barovian guard

Badbelly

• Undead Slayer
  • RP imposter
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 05:31:07 PM »
I think the Bow is very powerful and usefull. Almost to the point of upsetting the balance of the server.

Lyrithean

• Dark Lord
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 05:40:29 PM »
There are more powerful weapons out there that can be obtained from the loot tables

Nefensis

• MIA
  • Dark Power
  • Gaming wench )0(
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 07:13:39 PM »
I think the Bow is very powerful and usefull. Almost to the point of upsetting the balance of the server.

not.. really

Stela Cojocaru - barovian snake
Crina Ovidiu - barovian guard

Helaman

• What the hell am I doing here?
  • Dark Power
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2008, 12:36:18 AM »
Lyr just acquired his first Devil horn bow and quite frankly a little disappointed.

Considering what you have to kill to get Devil horns, combined with apparently it's the only creature that drops them AND the required DC to craft the bow the results were a little.. underwhelming. I was expecting at least a +2 bonus for the bow considering what you have to go through to get it.

I'd have been happy with an overall +1... because there are NO bows out there regularly avail that are +1 against weres, abberations etc.

That said Lyr... the enchanment system IS coming... hold onto that bow.

And Otake, Wulfgang Eberhardt, Aesin, Humiko, Bonereaver, Anthrania + whatever concept I am playing with...

Ric

• <Insert pwnage innuendo>
  • Dark Power
  • The writer that keeps going ... And going ...
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2008, 06:47:27 PM »
I vote for +2 vs. Outsider.  I'd see more use in that over +1 vs. chaotic.

engelfire

• Dark Power
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2008, 01:30:30 AM »
would outsiders mean everything fro outside the realm it was crafted, like people from faerun and everywhere else outside barovia :D that would be nice hehehe
Vino - Who are you calling fat !?
Hekathn - You make a fine collection of bodyparts nnggghhh...

failed.bard

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2008, 01:52:43 AM »
+1 vs outsider, maybe, but none of the crafted items give a +2.  Until enchanting is implemented I don't see why that should change.

As it is, a plus versus chaotics means it should word against werewolves as well some demons.

Fungal Artillery

• Undead Master
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2008, 12:23:33 PM »
Too bad devils are lawful.  :?

+2 vs outsiders would have more use, yeah.
"A man in a robe, claiming communion with the divine? Madness." - Narrator, Darkest Dungeon

failed.bard

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2008, 12:31:31 PM »
Demons are chaotic, and it almost makes sense every fibre of a devils being is opposed to them.

Zedrik

• Warbird
  • Dark Lord
  • The Hellrabbits are watching you.
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2008, 03:06:31 PM »
would outsiders mean everything fro outside the realm it was crafted, like people from faerun and everywhere else outside barovia :D that would be nice hehehe
The Pact states that Ravenloft is to be considered a Prime Material World for all such considerations.

Warning: Don't provoke the high-level Falkovnian wizard. He bites. (And not in the good way.)